The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Add-Ons should just be in the game?

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something for Guild Stores (turn them into one server wide auction house!) and a personal combat metrics addon (I don't care for your DPS but I want to test specs, sets and skills on console).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Action Duration Time - clean skill tracker, better in every way than the current in-game buff tracker
    Awesome Guild Store - its basically impossible to find a specific motif page without this add-on
    Combat Metric - no explanation needed
    Iakoni's Gear/Skill Changer - quickly save, load and name gear/skill setups
    Inventory Insight - to quickly browse through all your items
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store for sure. The vanilla guild trader UI is a disgrace, really.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with players who would like combat metrics and a guild trader search feature on consoles. In particular the guild trader is mind boggling to me that the game did not include some feature in the base game. Probably just ignorance on the developers end, not understanding the game’s popularity on consoles.

Skyshards and lorebooks are “meh” to me.

Combat add ons are a major no go for me. I play on console specifically to avoid such add ons. I view them as as cheats or crutches.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add-ons are just in the game. Well, except for that one trading addon that does send information to a website.

Of course if OP is actually meaning there should be no addons permitted in the game and we should be stuck with what Zos has made for us, the answer is no. Zos has made it clear they have no interest in making a fully functioning UI that is customary for major MMORPGs. What they have added is essentially due to the failure of being able to see visually buffs and debuffs in the game reliably.

So the answer is no regardless of what is stated in this thread. The current UI is to paltry.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything that lets me:

search in guild stores
    organize buffs/debuffs
    swap gear and abilities

And while i'm here, a question: is there an addon to auto mark as junk stuff by its type?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Schmetterfrosch
    Schmetterfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

And while i'm here, a question: is there an addon to auto mark as junk stuff by its type?

dustman
    Das Leben ist doch nur ein Rollenspiel
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimap is my number one choice. I can see no reason that this isn't an optional addition to the base game already other than extreme stubbornness on the part of ZOS and their desire to seem unique by not including one.

Kind of like an auction house :o
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Add-ons are just in the game. Well, except for that one trading addon that does send information to a website.

Of course if OP is actually meaning there should be no addons permitted in the game and we should be stuck with what Zos has made for us, the answer is no. Zos has made it clear they have no interest in making a fully functioning UI that is customary for major MMORPGs. What they have added is essentially due to the failure of being able to see visually buffs and debuffs in the game reliably.

So the answer is no regardless of what is stated in this thread. The current UI is to paltry.

What I am asking is; What add-ons should just be features in the game rather than depending on the outside player base to provide?
    Also many console players are missing out on the features add-ons provide and it is annoying when a new update goes live and there are certain add-ons you can't use until the author updates that add-on.
    Edited by Iccotak on March 7, 2018 10:43PM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Awesome guild store and Master merchant
    • Combat metrics
    • Advanced filters
    • Inventory insight
    • Kyoma's global achievements

I've been looking for a global achievement addon, and just came across Kyoma's, and it's exactly what I was looking for. Only thing is, it's a pretty recent addon from December 2017, only been d/l'd about 350 times, and there's not been much discussion about it, beyond the references here. I'm wondering if there might be any conflict with an earlier achievement addon - Wykkyd Achievement Tracker, which doesn't have the global feature. Has anyone tried these two together by any chance?

If Kyoma is intending to update and maintain this addon, I can see really good things in the future from it. There has only been one comment so far, on the addon's page, and it was a player's inquiry if there could be some sort of tooltip showing all the character's status on any given achievement that was hovered over. That would make this a really great addon IMHO.

As far as the ones that I've used already, there are at least a half dozen or more that I can't play wiithout. At the top of that list is definitely MiniMap by Fyrakin. Next is Harven's Quest Journal. Others are Destinations, AwesomeGuildStore, Dungeon Tracker, Dustman, and Inventory Insight.

• Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Photographer, Tamriel Time Lore Date, and MiniMap (especially Votan's Circular MiniMap. When I play my Khajiit Khajiit-Speak is helpful for RP.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacky wrote: »

I think the problem is the trade system is a little broken.
    The information is there, and addons like AwesomeGuidStore for example, are simply making use of it.
    Adding a text search to Guild Traders is not much to ask IMO.
    Add text search and show unit price and total price, and I don't need AGS anymore, one is a search box, the other is an output line.

I guess the point is, also that if MM / TTC integration existed, everyone in the game would have the same information avilable to them. I like the idea of retaining MM's limitation to your guilds and that creates a market which still has a viable malleable economy.

i dont disagree that the trader system needs work. but the system they have in place would be negated by themselves if they setup an MM/TTC. Thats why i said that would be stupid. And the game devs should never ever, in any game, be the ones to deal that kind of information to players.

The only thing that they really should be doing, is making the trader UI usable. A search, the ability to sort by name as well as price, those sorts of things.
    Edited by Slick_007 on March 11, 2018 12:47AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    all of them
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Guild Tools
    Godsend Email
    Mini Map (It's in the game but takes a addon to use, utterly ridiculous)
    EZ report
    Immaculate Construction

<3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I weigh in on this as an add-on developer? If not disregard my bias below... ;)
    For ESO Player Housing:

Oops I Did It Again
    Multi-level Undo and Redo for adding, removing and changing furniture.

Furniture Snap
    Automatically snaps placed furniture along a configurable, virtual grid. Works for both position and orientation -- and makes perfect alignments and placement actually possible without a huge hassle.

Let There Be Light
    Automatically resets lights and other interactive furnishings to their default state (i.e. "On" for lights, etc.).

Immaculate Construction
    This would be a nice-to-have; but, personally this is my absolute favorite. Just check it out if you haven't seen it yet. You may like it.

Scaffold
    Because why shouldn't you be able to fly throughout your own home for the purposes of editing? Think of it as a nifty, compact "Creative Mode" for ESO Housing.
    Edited by R_K on March 15, 2018 4:21AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    combat metrics and an actually usable UI like LUI would be nice

MM, fish fillet, multi craft, and a gear changing add on are all indispensable too imo

rip decibel
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimap is my number one choice. I can see no reason that this isn't an optional addition to the base game already other than extreme stubbornness on the part of ZOS and their desire to seem unique by not including one.
    Given that the first few attempts at minimaps were pretty heavy on a performance hit, and the game targets some pretty low end requirements, my guess is that this wasn't included initially due to the runtime cost. And by the time that was no longer an issue, well, the community solved the problem anyway.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Action Duration Reminder. I was honestly surprised that there wasn't just a setting I could turn on that would do that natively, I kind of expected it after similar functions built into other games.