The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What Add-Ons should just be in the game?

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
What the title says.
Discuss below!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minimap
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat Metrics or FTC
    Master Merchant or Tamriel Trade Center
    Votan's Minimap

Those are my big three that fulfill functions I wish the base game included.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat Metrics.
    Photographer (just make the hide UI keybind actually hide *all* of the UI)
    AwesomeGuildStore
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimap is my number one choice. I can see no reason that this isn't an optional addition to the base game already other than extreme stubbornness on the part of ZOS and their desire to seem unique by not including one.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dice rolling

helm toggle: I used to be able with a hotkey toggle helm on and off now they made so I have to go into my collections every time very annoying.

Master Merchant or Tamriel Trade Center: With guild merchants best way to get narrow down how much to pay and sell items.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better buff tracker would be nice. Where you do not see 1 million buffs you don't want to see.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's more important the inventory filtering addons than a Minimap, tbh. The inventory in this game is a real mess that you can't live with without some sort of ordering, filtering, tagging, flagging, etc.

I'd say for me it would be FCO Item Saver, Advanced Filters, Quickslot Filters for pvp, and definitely Awesome Guild Store, more than any other thing.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AwesomeGuildStore
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the guild store ones.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    dice rolling

helm toggle: I used to be able with a hotkey toggle helm on and off now they made so I have to go into my collections every time very annoying.

Master Merchant or Tamriel Trade Center: With guild merchants best way to get narrow down how much to pay and sell items.

You can quickslot the Hide Your Helm collectible now for a similar function to a toggle.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store.

Advanced Filters (especially since this is broken on housing containers).

Inventory Insight. (Seriously, it helps so much with farming.)

Urich's Skill Point Finder (just stick it in a new tab on the journal.)

Wykkyd's Achievement Tracker.

S'rrendar

AUI.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Tools
    Godsend Email
    Mini Map (It's in the game but takes a addon to use, utterly ridiculous)
    EZ report
    Immaculate Construction
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an altaholic... Skyshards, Lorebooks, Lost Treasure.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multicraft, Advanced filters, Awesome Guild Store, Map Coordinates, and Dressing Room or Alpha Gear.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    AwesomeGuildStore - The default interface could simply take a few pointers from this
    VotansSearchBox - handiest tool in the game / search bank / inventory
    A Mixture of MM and TTC, since one shows sales history and the other listings.
    VotansMinimap - Without the show on map bug
    PetDismiss - I can;t understand why this function was ever removed
    Skyshards (though I think they should be located as in vicinity instead of shown immediately)
    Iakoni's Gear Changer - Use a Healer who's backup weapon is DPS?
    Combat Metrics - Need I say more?
    Raid Notifier - Though I think the notifications should only show for the crown, to encourage more communication in trials
    I would also like to see a Journal showing Completed Missions.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    A better buff tracker would be nice. Where you do not see 1 million buffs you don't want to see.

Action Duration Reminder is a good addon for that. It puts the timers on your ability buttons. When you swap bars with active timers, they move above the slot they are in, so you know when to swap back and rebuff/debuff

pvw5001.jpg

Some more that I like (particularly on my crafters:

Trait Buddy:
    pvw4683.png

Inventory Insight:
    pvw4588.png
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an altaholic... Skyshards, Lorebooks, Lost Treasure.

none of these belong in the game in any form other than an addon. the game should not be holding your hand throughout finding these.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

these should not be what zos developers spend their time on. with the trade system the way it is, this would be really stupid of them to add.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store, Combat Metrics, Master Merchant and TTC or a combination of both.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

these should not be what zos developers spend their time on. with the trade system the way it is, this would be really stupid of them to add.

I think the problem is the trade system is a little broken.
    The information is there, and addons like AwesomeGuidStore for example, are simply making use of it.
    Adding a text search to Guild Traders is not much to ask IMO.
    Add text search and show unit price and total price, and I don't need AGS anymore, one is a search box, the other is an output line.

I guess the point is, also that if MM / TTC integration existed, everyone in the game would have the same information avilable to them. I like the idea of retaining MM's limitation to your guilds and that creates a market which still has a viable malleable economy.
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    An equipment and skill manager to store sets of skills and equipment and reload them when needed.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Awesome guild store and Master merchant
    • Combat metrics
    • Advanced filters
    • Inventory insight
    • Kyoma's global achievements
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    None, same rights for PS4, XBOX and PC ;-)
    then we really see how "good" some PC Players are if they are not being told to block, shield, aoe coming in 3 -2 -1 NOW
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting topic. For me, it would be Alphagear(or similar). Being able to completely change one's setup(gear/skills) between fights in one second at the press of a button is a significant advantage that shouldn't be limited to players who install a 3rd party addon, IMHO.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Also BuffTimers - it alows you to track even proc sets buffs or things like Roll Dodge Fatigue ;) I love it <3

To the topic.
    1. AwesomeGuildStore
    2. FCOItemSaver
    3. AdvancedFilters
    4. InventoryInsight
    5. Dustman

In general as you see equipment managment in this game without addons is total crap. How do you guys play this game on other platforms? I can't imagine that.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store
    Votans fish fillet
    Rare fish tracker
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Minimap

The problem I have with this one, is that the function 'Show quest on map' does not work anymore.
    I'm only using 'Skyshard', so I do not think there is a conflict.
    It seems I'm the only one experiencing this problem ?
  • Elfen3Warrior
    Elfen3Warrior
    ✭✭
    1. Minimap
    2. Inventory filter
    3. Skyshards, lore books, marked as is done for the "eye"
    4. Something to help with guild store pricing

I'm on Xbox, so I'm unfamiliar with which Add On is better than another.
    Xbox NA
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    All those mentioned and multicraft is also a must.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Schmetterfrosch
    Schmetterfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no existing and well functional addon should be integrated into the game.

because I play pc and can use addons.
    zos should improve bugfixing and performance.

Das Leben ist doch nur ein Rollenspiel