Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dislike the System

Poseidons_law
So am I the only one that dislike the way that another person can be in the same dungeon instance as you and walk around following you and aggroing enemies that you might just want to sneak past. I've had an issue with this system since the beta and I still do I enjoy having the liberty to do whatever I want in a dungeon but having a bunch of randies just messes everything up for me. If the dungeons would work the way the dungeons in MMRPGS like neverwinter I feel like everyone would enjoy the game much more. What do you think?
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    No i dont have a problem with that, because they are different types of dungeons.

Solo Dungeon (shared with other)
    Group Dungeon (shared with other)
    Group Dungeon (group only)
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I think public instancing is at the root of all the "bugged quest" posts I'm seeing on the boards and all the raging I'm seeing ingame in zone chat.

It's a bad design choice, and until someone can work out how to disable spawn coding to ignore people crowding spawn points, it'll never be "fixed". Either that, or a total rework of all public instances into private ones and institute encounter scaling.
    Or, only allow max team size amounts of players into the instance before sharding off another one.

Now I'm no coding genius, but there -has- to be some way to do this that's not so wonky and frustrating.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Demnarit
    Demnarit
    Maybe they can create different instances of dungeons : For instance a dungeon can only get 10-20 players , and it exceeds the 20 players limit, the game generates a new dungeon.
    But I have to explore the game a bit more to give my full opinion about this !
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Well spawn camping appears to be a norm - there is a group in Daggerfall that just spawn camps the werewolf.
  • NextGame
    NextGame
    ✭✭
    Don't like the dungeon system employed in the dungeons(?) I have tried so far. Might as well be casually strolling through the game and watching other players play. The current system pretty much removes any form of challenge from the game, and you don't actually get a feel for the dungeon or even the associated quest as pretty much everything is dead by the constant steamroll of players.

Still. Only level 9 or 10 at the moment, I really hope there is some non public content to play through in future levels, or I doubt the shelf life for this title will be very long for myself or other members of my guild.
    Edited by NextGame on March 31, 2014 2:17PM
  • Poseidons_law
    I just feel like everytime I go into a dungeon I see a whole flurry of people. I've literally made it through a dungeon without having to fight anyone because all the enemies are already dead or ill get randomly attacked by an enemy I didn't even aggro. I just find it annoying.
  • Victt
    Victt
    Lol.. What am I reading? I wouldn't even consider these dungeons, more so public maps people go in to do a part of a quest. The REAL dungeons are the instanced ones, which you cannot do solo. You get into that at 10+. They're hard, though very fun. ;)
  • Larec
    Larec
    ✭✭
    I had the same feeling in Stros M'Kay and Betnikh all the time. You can just stroll through the dungeons and pass all the dead bodies.

A bit more instancing would've made the first few levels a LOT more interesting.

And seeing that I am playing and leveling with a bunch of friends, I keep asking myself why there aren't a few heroic Quests you can only do in a group?
  • Brozgar
    Brozgar
    Thank god I'm not the only one who hates it!

But I've got such impression about PvE in general, even in open-world there are enough players to make every mob around die in 2 seconds, leaving you in misery. Then again, it's probably normal for PvE-only players, but I'm used to open-world PVP, so questing used to be a danger. Here it really feels like these "train" runs, when end-level player comes and just walks you through, so you just collect the loot and finish quests. It actually kinda insults me when developers takes me as a potato that can't defend himself. GIVE US MORE CHALLENGE!
    Edited by Brozgar on April 1, 2014 8:55PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day all dungeons were public and you sat in one room mob grinding for xp.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brozgar wrote: »
    GIVE US MORE CHALLENGE!
    Well, as folks pointed out, the zones are pretty much heavily populated at the moment. The mobs ARE tuned to be decent challenges for a soloer (they were a good mix during beta, which had a much lower population) ... but right now, you're effectively grouped as all the early access folks rush in to do the same quests you're on.
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it too. Part of the reason I didn't buy the game :(
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• jakenaftalb14a_ESO
    Nope. I never have a problem with public dungeons. It's loads of fun to run in there with the hordes of players, kill mini-bosses, save some people and get achievements.
    I love them.
  • Phurba
    Phurba
    ✭✭
    Victt wrote: »
    Lol.. What am I reading? I wouldn't even consider these dungeons, more so public maps people go in to do a part of a quest. The REAL dungeons are the instanced ones, which you cannot do solo. You get into that at 10+. They're hard, though very fun. ;)

^^This

I personally love the public dungeon system. Is it overcrowded right now? Sure it is! Was the xp nerfed into oblivion? Hell yes it was! But think about the game a couple months or so from now, and how few players you're going to see in these places, and I'm sure they'll adjust the xp later on.

I like that while in a solo dungeon another player can come by and help out with killing the mobs. I think it helps immersion to be reminded that you're not the only hero in the world and other adventurers can come in searching for loot just like you.

This is also a great way to meet people around your level too. Try talking to that person next to you that's helping you kill mobs. Maybe get a group going for the instanced dungeons, or maybe just chit chat. Hell, you never know.

• Necropantzes
    Necropantzes
    Soul Shriven
    I have to agree the current implementation is poor. It's very anticlimactic running into a new dungeon and find that all the mobs are dead due to the constant stream of players. The content is easy as it is, privatize it .... make them solo dungeons or better yet just give us options regarding the instances in the menus. Meaning people that like it can keep it in the current way
    Edited by Necropantzes on April 2, 2014 7:27AM
  • Hagon94
    Hagon94
    ✭✭
    I personally hate seeing other players while in solo dungeons too. Not only limited to dungeons but caves, rooms, houses or any sort of instanced quest area aswell. It ruins any immersion you might have in the game and serves no beneficial purpose to anyone. It simply has no place. I wish they would give me my own private instance for any inside area to quest in. If possible, maybe even extended to outside small encampents. They could do great things with their phasing system here. For those saying that the player amount will diminish over time and you won't see as many players in your quest areas, I don't buy it. Even if there is a single guy there in ANY of the quest areas that I am in, it's unwelcome.

I'd like peoples opinion on this. Can you think of anything positive to this? Do you agree with my post? Also, does anyone know wether or not Zenimax plans to change any of this?
    Edited by Hagon94 on April 2, 2014 9:53AM
  • Hexo
    Hexo
    Hagon94 wrote: »
    I personally hate seeing other players while in solo dungeons too. Not only limited to dungeons but caves, rooms, houses or any sort of instanced quest area aswell. It ruins any immersion...

... and I agree with this. I prefer instanced dungeons, quest-houses etc.

Sneaking quietly in a dungeon? Not a chance, here comes 10-15 buffons ruining that experience :(

Doing a quest where you are supposed to talk to someone who has barricaded himself alone in a house? Not a chance, inside the house are also 10-15 other players, some of them jumping up and down which makes the dramatic quest really dramatic... Also, I thought he had barricaded himself alone? :\
    Edited by Hexo on April 2, 2014 1:17PM
  • nicholas.chinnpreub18_ESO
    I like it. it brings the reality to the game. We all hate it when we go to WalMart and EVERYONE is in the isle we want to go to, but that's life. Such as in a cave or dungeon. just because your creeping around in there, doesn't mean some other character isn't doing to same thing (or looking for the same shampoo)
    Together we are, a power force, as one mind, body and soul.
    But no evil will enter, or attempt to reduce us, because of the beliefs we hold.
    And with the love, combined with our strength, we ward of pain and stress.
    Devoted we are, wholeheartedly, in life, and in death.

-The children of your rivals, holding guns while reading bibles.
  • Yellowbone97ub17_ESO
    It's called launch
  • Seer
    Seer
    ✭✭
    Ya I am annoyed with the groups running around shooting everything. The encounters are supposed to be harder as you level and they are.... IF you are alone. And that is a massive IF as you are never alone. Boss fight at the end of the quest? 3 random people walks in on you and turns it into a joke fight. I am hoping higher levels with give me a little room to breathe.
  • WRCousCous
    WRCousCous
    ✭✭
    ...meh, there are plenty of difficult encounters in this game. I suggest most of you complaining explore more. World bosses, for instance, can be challenging for appropriately leveled groups, and haven't been surrounded by players (for the most part) in my experience.

I think public dungeons aren't really meant as serious challenges. If you follow the quests, there are solo-instanced challenges (at least three in the werewolf-themed content in Glenumbra). Also, have you played 4 man dungeons? They have some other issues (exp balancing), but they are challenging (unless you are seriously over-leveled), and certainly not overrun with more than whatever you and your three mates have brought to the table.
  • alpinecruzereb17_ESO
    Got to think of it another way. As servers are in early access and even when they release will be massive influx of players so expect 30 people in same spot early on. As these power levellers grind past you and players quit or get obsessed with some other game as gamers tend to do. . . There will be less people crowding spots. I was 5 day access and just before the 3 day started i ran back to earlier areas and literally found NOONE. I gathered loads of crafting mats that way too ;) once the initial rush is over things will stabilize and be better. Plus as another said the best dungeons are the private group ones and they are awesome!
  • Hexo
    Hexo
    Got to think of it another way. As servers are in early access and even when they release will be massive influx of players so expect 30 people in same spot early on. As these power levellers grind past you and players quit or get obsessed with some other game as gamers tend to do. . . There will be less people crowding spots. I was 5 day access and just before the 3 day started i ran back to earlier areas and literally found NOONE. I gathered loads of crafting mats that way too ;) once the initial rush is over things will stabilize and be better. Plus as another said the best dungeons are the private group ones and they are awesome!

I get what you're saying, and I agree that when, later on, there will be less people in crowded spots, instancing won't be that big of an issue. However, some more quests really should be instanced, that'd be cool B)
    Edited by Hexo on April 3, 2014 11:41AM
  • TheAtomicWookie
    Back in my day all dungeons were public and you sat in one room mob grinding for xp.

In Soviet Russia, Dungeon grinds you!

• LeRoyBoxley
    I have a lot to say about all the complaints in this thread but I don't want to do all the typing on my phone. These quests that take you to caves do not have elite monsters so why should it be instances? Its just like any other MMO where you are asked to go kill NPC X its just in a "dungeon". After the lower populations die down in a month go back with the inevitable new character you are going to create. The game just opened of course there are a lot of players.
  • ksaggies04ub17_ESO2
    I have a love / hate thing with the public dungeons. It's all about balance. Since a lot of these dungeons seem tuned for one person, it's a bit of a face-roll when a group goes through.

I like stumbling across someone about to die and helping them out, and I enjoy that when it happens to me as well. But I also like the tension when I'm in one alone with no one around to bail me out if I get in over my head.

Overall - I think there are too many players in each phase/instance or whatever.
  • Victt
    Victt
    Once again, stop calling them dungeons. These maps are basically like any of the starting maps, just smaller and a place you're able to complete your quest. Dungeons are able to be done from level 10+ and are a lot harder to complete. You're welcome to try these solo if you like, or even get a party (which is recommended.). The bosses in these things you're calling Dungeons are bosses you see in normal maps. Most of the time, you need more than one person to kill them anyways unless you're some heavy cc class.
  • cortechsnub18_ESO
    Yes, it's a shame the solo content is rather poor in this game. The only truly fun areas I've done are those that were instanced.

It's amusing seeing 15+ people camping the boss spawn point, constantly swinging weapons and obliterating it in seconds. Sometimes it takes a few spawns to get kill credit due to the insta-death of the boss.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This calms down as people spread out. its like this at first but instancing everything would make it more like a single player game which people complained about a LOT in swtor. I really enjoy it the way it is and have made a lot of friends in those instances.

This is an MMO not a single player game and I prefer it that way.
    Edited by Laura on April 4, 2014 4:25AM
  • megginsonjuan_ESO
    Laura wrote: »
    This calms down as people spread out. its like this at first but instancing everything would make it more like a single player game which people complained about a LOT in swtor. I really enjoy it the way it is and have made a lot of friends in those instances.

This is an MMO not a single player game and I prefer it that way.

I respectably disagree with you.