The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 102--Download Error

Firestar1992
Firestar1992
✭✭
When I attempt to log into the game, the button that normally says "Play" instead says "Install." When I click it, the launcher indicates that it is downloading something. It never moves past 0% and after about a minute, I get the following error message:
Error 102 - DownloadError_InvalidMetafile
-Unable to load metafile. Please contact customer support.
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    I've gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall, and it's still not working. And I seem to be the only one having this problem...Just a little bit of help, please?
  • stormfpsgaming
    I've got the same issue going on here. Also tried a clean install but the same error code comes up.

Waiting on customer support to respond.
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    I finally got the download going. What I did was open the dropdown on game options, clicked "Settings," and then set the automatic updates to Never.
  • Brokenstrings
    Started downloading client 5 o'clock Saturday afternoon was at 19 percent on Monday at 2 in the morning when I get the error 102 message, dl speed would not exceed 60 kb/s during all that time. Completely restarted my download. 45 hours wasted(though most would agree a client that won't exceed dl speeds of 60 kb/s is inherently a waste of time). Needless to say in this time I checked my firewalls and am direct lined into my router. Thank god I splurged for the 5 day early access right?
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    Well, it looks like I finished the download, but now I'm getting the 102 message again. And I'd done everything they've suggested. Argh.