The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

level up reward crown crate

playfull_kitten
playfull_kitten
✭✭✭
Hello,

First i like to say that i am very pleased with the level up rewards. Several of the rewards are very, very nice and i was very happy to get them (Sorrel Horse, Storage Coffer, 50 transmute crystals etc). But i must admit i was a bit disapointed when i reached level 50 and got yet again a Flame Atronach Crown Crate instead of a Scalecaller Crown Crate.

Bearing in mind that de Flame Atronach Crates were introduced back in november 2017 (almost 5 months ago !!!) there is nothing of interest in them anymore. The scrolls, potions and poisons are not very usefull for a crafter but that's what you get because even if you get a pet/mount/costume, it is likely you already have it.

So therefore my request to change the level up reward crate to the current season. It will make me even more happy when i reach level 50. Thank you.
This one likes to play.....
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would not matter for you anymore seeing you already got the level 50 crate (unless you have multiple accounts). It's once per account. That said I would have preferred them to change with the season too. But still free crate is free crate and this way I don;t feel like I have to put leveling an alt on hold not to waste one of my 2 remaining chances at another crate season crate.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS said they aren't changing them over. They might in the future, but they aren't now.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already said they don't change the free crates. Morrowind collectors edition still gives Dwarven Crates even if you buy it today, level up rewards will always give Flame Crates.

I suspect they do it that way partially because it would be hassle for someone at ZOS to have to update them every few months, but also because it might put people off getting them in case they can get a better crate later on. I didn't want anything in the dwarven crates or much of the stuff in the flame crates but it would be a bad situation for both myself and ZOS if I put off buying Morrowind or levelling my characters (which basically means avoiding playing at all) indefinitely hoping for better crates in future.

This way everyone gets the same so there's no need to worry about the best time to buy/earn/use them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quote from ZOS is here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4933984#Comment_4933984
    We aren't planning to update the Flame Atronach Crown Crates you receive from the Level Up rewards when the Scalecaller crates are released. That's not to say we won't ever update them, but just not at this time.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I won´t be levvelling a new char anytime soon. Perhaps in the future, if they change the crates.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies.
    This one likes to play.....