The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frostbane Wolf tail looks broken at 90 degree angle. :(

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
Frostbane Wolf tail looks broken at 90 degree angle. I normally always like the wolf mounts but this poor guy's tail looks bad. If you look at it from the side near it's hind quarters you'll see what I mean. A dog/wolf tail isn't like a horse. It has bone throughout and isn't just hanging hair.
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the exact reason I won't spend my accumulated Gems on the wolf.
    Even if I like buying everything wolf-y.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From ESO Fashion: Frostbane Wolf
    Frostbane-Wolf-Side.jpg

Actual Wolves
    gray-wolf_0.jpg
    795_1_04p2629_wolf_yellowstone_national_park.jpg

So not only do we have a broken tail, but who decided the wolf's tail needed to have a texture that's more like a mop than fur?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for anyone interested in the skeleton, here's a dire wolf from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History: https://carnegiemnh.org/dire-wolves-off-the-screen/
    dire_wolf.jpeg
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your support and screenshots!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I think the entire wolf looks amazing except for the tail, which looks like it's broken. When the wolf runs, the tail looks really, really unnatural.

The Frostbane sabre cat has such a beautiful tail. Why couldn't the wolf have a beautiful tail, too?
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sickle-hocked horses everywhere, boar pelt with claws, and now this. :D Devs, you seriously need to arrange a brief anatomy course for your designers.
    Edited by logarifmik on March 16, 2018 2:26PM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the sort of wolf I'd expect to be encouraged to adopt from a commercial with Sarah McLachlan music playing in the background.

That guar tho...
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally horses and wolves are my thing. But the tails ruin the Frostbane horse and wolf mounts. And my Nords were really looking forward to them too! :'( Can’t believe my Sweetroll still sits unused in my house...

Edit: The upside to this is that for the first time the Radiant mounts are not desireable in the least to me! Polling shows that wolf, horse, and senche are the three most popular mounts, which is why we are tormented with these ‘chase’ items. It’s a bit of a relief when mounts that I should really really want are botched so badly that I don’t want them after all, like the sparkle pony and the flame atronachs.
    Edited by Aeslief on March 16, 2018 3:31PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect fluffy balls of a tail on a poodle, not a wolf.