The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rain in PTS vs Console

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
WOAH... I just did some testing on PTS to see how rain works with objects... On the PTS I simply placed a few boulders above a pool, and a redguard tent... I was gobsmacked to find that this actually stopped the rain coming through, so that the pool area and ground beneath the coverage was actually dry!

This does not occur on console. On console, rain totally ignores all placed objects. Further to this, since the morrowind patch, rain also ignores roofing in many homes, so that it actually rains inside.

So in this current PTS, has this been fixed... or has it always worked this way and its solely a console BUG?

edit: typo
Edited by MacCait on March 11, 2018 11:44AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to PC, where everything is better
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called rain occlusion. Good finding!
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a bug on console where objects do not have the correct collision, occured at Morrowind patch. before that it was fine.

I was asking if it had always been fine on PC and PTS or whether it had just been fixed and we might expect the same fix on console.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    Its a bug on console where objects do not have the correct collision, occured at Morrowind patch. before that it was fine.

I was asking if it had always been fine on PC and PTS or whether it had just been fixed and we might expect the same fix on console.

I know on console people complain about rain in Earthtear Cavern. I am on PC and have owned Earthtear since the first day it came out. I have never seen rain in my house or lightning. So, I assume, it is just a console bug.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    MacCait wrote: »

I know on console people complain about rain in Earthtear Cavern. I am on PC and have owned Earthtear since the first day it came out. I have never seen rain in my house or lightning. So, I assume, it is just a console bug.

Ah OK that's good to know. That would confirm it is a bug on PS4 at least (not sure about Xbox). It's not just Earthtear but all houses (except pariahs, they fixed that one house) that have something without a door, i.e. a section with an open doorway like the Excorcised Cottage, 1st pod in Goronir Estate, Barn in Serenity falls, Barn in daggerfall, etc.

It can be fixed, as they demonstrated with pariah's Pinnacle very quickly after reports of the rain inside, but they haven't even acknowledged the ongoing reports since June 2017 of every other abode.