Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nocturnal is the Enemy?

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Wow, the amount of lore miss information going on here. Meridia and Azura are the only 2 that are actively good. [/spoiler]

There's no "good daedra" as well as no "bad daedra", they just do things. If those things are in line with mortal purposses it's just coincidence.

Hence Meridia hates any kind of undead, so does Meridia have a different feeling for a guy like Verandis? She depises him in the same way she depises Lamae, no matter what good he can do to mortals.

All Daedra are quite straightforward on their goals and will do anything to accomplish them.

Wow, there is nothing of substance in that. The definition of moral is NOT the topic. Daedrea are and Tamerial are not "gods" in line with human and earth "god(s)." The fact is Meridia and Azura see "wrongs" in Tamrial and try to fix them. Nacturnal and Herma both only seem to take actions in Tamerial when something of value to them is involved, but otherwise stay out. Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon both actively screw with and kill men and mer. Hense good, nuetral and evil Daedric Princes. Maybe you could adjust the classifications a little, Hermaeus Mora is maybe a little bad because he can be rather cruel when he snatch the information back. He also maybe releasing the infomation just to watch mortals struggle for it. Nucturnal maybe a little good because she is responsible for luck. She doesn't use her worshipers to "do things" for her. She uses Nightingales, rather then daedra, to influence mortals when she does want something to happen.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 1, 2018 11:36PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, the amount of lore miss information going on here. Meridia and Azura are the only 2 that are actively good. [/spoiler]

There's no "good daedra" as well as no "bad daedra", they just do things. If those things are in line with mortal purposses it's just coincidence.

Hence Meridia hates any kind of undead, so does Meridia have a different feeling for a guy like Verandis? She depises him in the same way she depises Lamae, no matter what good he can do to mortals.

All Daedra are quite straightforward on their goals and will do anything to accomplish them.

Wow, there is nothing of substance in that. The definition of moral is NOT the topic. Daedrea are and Tamerial are not "gods" in line with human and earth "god(s)." The fact is Meridia and Azura see "wrongs" in Tamrial and try to fix them. Nacturnal and Herma both only seem to take actions in Tamerial when something of value to them is involved, but otherwise stay out. Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon both actively screw with and kill men and mer. Hense good, nuetral and evil Daedric Princes. Maybe you could adjust the classifications a little, Hermaeus Mora is maybe a little bad because he can be rather cruel when he snatch the information back. He also maybe releasing the infomation just to watch mortals struggle for it. Nucturnal maybe a little good because she is responsible for luck. She doesn't use her worshipers to "do things" for her. She uses Nightingales, rather then daedra, to influence mortals when she does want something to happen.

So you think Meridia would be merciful if all population on Nirn become vampire? And Molag Bal would protect them?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you think Meridia would be merciful if all population on Nirn become vampire? And Molag Bal would protect them?

From the perspective of the now-vampire population of Nirn, I imagine that Meridia would seem like an implacable enemy.

Its about perspective. The Dunmer regard Boethiah and Mephala as "good" in relation to their society and the aid those Daedra gave the early Chimer. And it makes sense, because in Dunmer society, being good at scheming and murder is not necessarily a bad thing.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What in the world would possess you to think that? :o Especially considering the children of Lamae hate Molag Bal just as much as Arkay.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    How did my thread turn into a debate over Daedric Prince morality? I was just confused and curious as to to why out of all the Princes, the developers chose Nocturnal to be the antogonist. They are never clear as to what she might gain from antagonizing the Tribunal. If anyone knows, please give me a quote and a source.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    How did my thread turn into a debate over Daedric Prince morality? I was just confused and curious as to to why out of all the Princes, the developers chose Nocturnal to be the antogonist. They are never clear as to what she might gain from antagonizing the Tribunal. If anyone knows, please give me a quote and a source.

@Atmakor Do you know Nocturnal, have you completed the quest? There is exactly one reason Nocturnal would go after anyone and Seht gave it to her. Otherwise she doesn't really care what man and mer do. My only question is where are the Nightingales? Why didn't she use them, and WHY OH WHY did they not build that into the already there final choose they gave us. But I also only started in Elder Scrolls with Skyrim.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Qanubis
    Qanubis
    ✭✭✭
    Show some respect! Lol jk
    Contact me for a free consultation!

www.prmpodcastproductions.com
    Totally didn't mean to send that, I thought the text was going into a reply box for a convo.
    I didn't realize I was replying on here, but I can't delete it. I wasn't talking to anyone here though FYI!
    Contact me for a free consultation!

www.prmpodcastproductions.com
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qanubis wrote: »
    Totally didn't mean to send that, I thought the text was going into a reply box for a convo.
    I didn't realize I was replying on here, but I can't delete it. I wasn't talking to anyone here though FYI!

You can just edit the post to say [deleted] or something like that if you want.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We also do not know yet, why she could be an antagonist? Do not forget, Vivec and Almalexia aren't protagonists in the lore at all. They work for themselves and retaining godly powers which they have gained with Daedric help. Maybe something has happened between Nocturnal and the Living Gods that made her very displeased, so maybe Mephala and Clavicus Vile are simply taking advantage of her anger, considering she is one of the most powerful princes? I mean, she seems to have control over luck and chance which can potentially destroy anyone.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade