Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Relegation?

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get a VIVEC A-LEAGUE and a B-LEAGUE?

a league = better rewards, etc.
b league = standard rewards, etc.

top 20% in b-league promoted to a-league each camp ending and bottom 20% in a-league demoted to b-league at end of each camp.

best idea ever!

discuss?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^switch camp = lose your spot spend weeks/months getting it back.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a campaign for all the people who want to focus on objectives and winning the campaign and another campaign for all the "I just wanna have good fights/gank/farm noobs/AP farm" folks?
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 11, 2018 1:53AM
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The developers doesn't care about PvP campaigns. Simply becuase they don't make any money from the PvP aspect of their game. Only PvE, DLC, and Crown Store. That's why you always see them working on those things, and never on PvP.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a campaign for all the people who want to focus on objectives and winning the campaign and another campaign for all the "I just wanna have good fights/gank/farm noobs/AP farm" folks?

Agree with the sentiment but not solution. Spreading PoP further is not a good idea. Just heard to Sotha or Shor things seem to mean more there - until the alliance switching cheating guilds descend and flip stuff. That's another issue tho
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »
    The developers doesn't care about PvP campaigns. Simply becuase they don't make any money from the PvP aspect of their game. Only PvE, DLC, and Crown Store. That's why you always see them working on those things, and never on PvP.

Not really true, a fair % of people bought Morrowind solely for BattleGrounds, and they create new maps each DLC.....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's flawed as these PvPers buy the new dlc either for the new monster sets or the overland armor sets so Zos do make money from PvPers , so it's time Zos showed us some respect
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you determine who is in the top % of the B team, AP earnings?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Agree with the sentiment but not solution. Spreading PoP further is not a good idea. Just heard to Sotha or Shor things seem to mean more there - until the alliance switching cheating guilds descend and flip stuff. That's another issue tho

I'm aware that spreading the population out rarely helps, which is why the OP's idea is flawed to begin with. But if we're talking about how to split up the population, I'd rather have the objective-minded people on my campaign because it makes for stiffer competition as my team goes for objectives and let the "I just wanna have fun doing my thing" people have fun and do their thing on their own server. A team and B team really doesn't have the same split there.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm aware that spreading the population out rarely helps, which is why the OP's idea is flawed to begin with. But if we're talking about how to split up the population, I'd rather have the objective-minded people on my campaign because it makes for stiffer competition as my team goes for objectives and let the "I just wanna have fun doing my thing" people have fun and do their thing on their own server. A team and B team really doesn't have the same split there.

hhahahaah

i can't i just cant!!! :-)

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

yes

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hhahahaah

i can't i just cant!!! :-)

Okay. I am curious though. Where do the organized raids and ball groups fit in your A and B team? I assumed the AP farming PUG raids would be B team due to lack of skill and organization, but if you are dividing this up by AP gains, I might be wrong?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see your vision for who makes up the A team and who makes up the B team.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭

Not really true, a fair % of people bought Morrowind solely for BattleGrounds, and they create new maps each DLC.....

I said PvP Campaigns, not Battlegrounds.

That's flawed as these PvPers buy the new dlc either for the new monster sets or the overland armor sets so Zos do make money from PvPers , so it's time Zos showed us some respect

We only do that becuase of their still inability to keep armor sets balanced. Though I wouldn't be suprised if they counted us a PvE'rs if we're just grinding for armor sets to play in PvP.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually not a bad idea despite the jovial nature of it. But first i would like to point out that, this following quote is in fact true:
    The developers doesn't care about PvP campaigns. Simply becuase they don't make any money from the PvP aspect of their game. Right now, Cyrodiil pvp is not viewed as marketable or profitable to ZOS higher-ups. Only PvE, DLC, and Crown Store. That's why you always see them working on those things, and never on PvP.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets talk about this:

I know a lot of “small scalers” or what is referred in here as “i just wanna have fun fights/gank/ap farm” players would love to dramatically change Cyrodiil layout. Things like, removing emperor mechanic, and downscaling the map size to accommodate their preferences. In this case, id actually support a campaign that has map objectives with current rewards, and a different campaign for the aforementioned with a different set of rewards to provide incentive in the absence of emperor mechanic.

Ultimately i will say this: further fragmenting the population in pvp is a bad idea all around. We already have cp and no cp. which has GOT to go btw. And small scalers need the objective based players to fulfill the enjoyment they seek. So at the end of the day, were all on the same team and this is mostly a hypothetical for fun discussion.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I know a lot of “small scalers” or what is referred in here as “i just wanna have fun fights/gank/ap farm” players would love to dramatically change Cyrodiil layout. Things like, removing emperor mechanic, and downscaling the map size to accommodate their preferences. In this case, id actually support a campaign that has map objectives with current rewards, and a different campaign for the aforementioned with a different set of rewards to provide incentive in the absence of emperor mechanic.

Ultimately i will say this: further fragmenting the population in pvp is a bad idea all around. We already have cp and no cp. which has GOT to go btw. And small scalers need the objective based players to fulfill the enjoyment they seek. So at the end of the day, were all on the same team and this is mostly a hypothetical for fun discussion.

I generally agree with what you said here. I just wanted to point out that the "I just wanna have fun fights/gank/ap farm” players includes certain organized raids by their own admission, so I'm not knocking small-scalers. Its just a different mindset and one that's perfectly okay in Cyrodiil.

Though one area I will disagree is the removal of CP PVP. I far prefer CP PVP from my experience and I very much disagree with attempts to remove the entire type of PVP I prefer.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 13, 2018 11:48AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apply for my spot in Sotha Sil B then.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its just a ladder system. it would stabilize competition and provide reasons for people to stay with one faction. promotion or relegation is dependent on your score...not your zerg's or zerglord. (don't get me wrong, i zerg some :-)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this a little bit last night. Any type A or B league should not be based on AP gains.

I personally don't think a lot of AP farmers really benefit the alliance. I see it too many times that group leaders will push but not defend.

I would like to see a reward system that actually benefits players that care about the campaign and not just AP farming. I haven't put much thought into it but maybe create a point system where you get offensive and defensive points. Then you can base A and B league on points and time played.

For example if all you do is AP farm and not help take keeps or defend keeps, you will be put on B league. If you are a poor leader and all you do is take empty keeps and not defend then you will be placed on the B league. However, if you are a person that helps push and defend then you will be on the A league.

Edited by vamp_emily on March 13, 2018 2:38PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome for you emily! thanks for exploring this idea!

i like the idea. like a new "ap" could be introduced...dap and oap? for buying things the ap could be counted the same but for deciding who is in what tier.

WOW @vamp_emily i just thought of the biggest cool part about your idea, since the tiers are based off who defends and attacks the top tier campaign would be more strategic and ap farmers would be in the low tier.

i wonder how much better the campaign rewards would have to be in the top tier for people to be attracted to it!??? :-)

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

I generally agree with what you said here. I just wanted to point out that the "I just wanna have fun fights/gank/ap farm” players includes certain organized raids by their own admission, so I'm not knocking small-scalers. Its just a different mindset and one that's perfectly okay in Cyrodiil.

Though one area I will disagree is the removal of CP PVP. I far prefer CP PVP from my experience and I very much disagree with attempts to remove the entire type of PVP I prefer.

@VaranisArano I was saying to get rid of the split play styles in general. Though if you want to know my preference, i think noCP PvP needs to be removed entirely. The game is balanced around CP and CP is integral at this point so ZOS needs to focus on continued balancing attempts instead of splitting up player base.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol can you imagine. Put all the top AP earners together and there'd be no PvP at all. Just keep switching.

B team would be smallscalers and casuals. That would be nice actually.
    PC EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this a little bit last night. Any type A or B league should not be based on AP gains.

I personally don't think a lot of AP farmers really benefit the alliance. I see it too many times that group leaders will push but not defend.

I would like to see a reward system that actually benefits players that care about the campaign and not just AP farming. I haven't put much thought into it but maybe create a point system where you get offensive and defensive points. Then you can base A and B league on points and time played.

For example if all you do is AP farm and not help take keeps or defend keeps, you will be put on B league. If you are a poor leader and all you do is take empty keeps and not defend then you will be placed on the B league. However, if you are a person that helps push and defend then you will be on the A league.

This poses some tactical disadvantages. For example, a group taking back keeps to keep one faction tied up at their gate is just as beneficial as a group pushing the EMP ring against the other faction. Just because Arrius or Drakelowe, for example, doesn't have enemy players in it, doesn't mean it is a less valuable objective. Attacking empty back keeps still draw off enemy players from the EMP ring to retake those keeps. A group rotating between an enemy alliance's home keeps is doing far more to help the campaign than the two zergs mindlessly dying at Ash or BRK for 3 hours.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gitguds dont want competition they want to dominate.

Thats why they all group up and noob hunt
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WIth how ZOS does scoring I have little confidence in this idea. Though it isn't a bad one
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes

So what you mean is one for people who no life the game and another for those with a life outside of the game. Basically skill level has no place on the "league"
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...perhaps an alternative?

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a 4 hour challenge mode

Reduced map size 4 hours to either accumulate the most points or whomever is emporer at the end of the four hours wins

You can't get the emp costume from this version but you get increased rewards for the win