Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Scalecaller Crown Crates & Giveaway Weekend"

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not enough costumes or hairstyles or makeup... sadface

That Sabrecat though... Dayum
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool mounts these frostbane mounts! Though a motif book would make me equally happy :)
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute...

The marketing materials all say the event runs from Friday March 9 - Sunday, March 11. But then it says 12:00 a.m. GMT. Since I just skimmed the article and only saw the dates, I basically have missed a day since it appears the event actually started on Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. for me.

That super sucks.

Come up with a better way to advertise the start times and quit giving days of the week that don't apply to everyone.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Rattlesnark
    Rattlesnark
    Soul Shriven
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Wait a minute...

The marketing materials all say the event runs from Friday March 9 - Sunday, March 11. But then it says 12:00 a.m. GMT. Since I just skimmed the article and only saw the dates, I basically have missed a day since it appears the event actually started on Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. for me.

That super sucks.

Come up with a better way to advertise the start times and quit giving days of the week that don't apply to everyone.

Well - it did specify the time and a very reasonable choice of timezone for us to convert ourselves, so I'm alright with that. I wonder if they could auto-convert it to the customer's own timezone before delivering the email, but that might cause more trouble than it's worth.

My problem is with how late the email came in for it - when the first day of the event was almost over. Please send em' out earlier, ZOS!

Oh, and do give me an extra crate for the one I'd missed. Maybe even a Flame Atronach crate for the one in the previous event too. *wink*
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ayy dragon priest costume is back. Legendary though :/
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Irminstan
    Irminstan
    Ever since you guys dropped the latest patch, I've had problems logging in. I have to try to log multiple times and when I finally get in, I get DCed. If I actually get into game, I get DCed when changing maps and then the whole thing starts over again.... Anyone else having these problems?
    Hail to Hermaeus Mora, the Demon of Knowledge!
    Bestow upon me the knowledge that I seek
    May your tentacled gloom ever envelop me
    May it please you that I am ever your servant, Oh great Man of the Woodland
    May I ever roam the endless halls of Apocrypha in search of the forbidden
    May the unknown be revealed unto me
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irminstan wrote: »
    Ever since you guys dropped the latest patch, I've had problems logging in. I have to try to log multiple times and when I finally get in, I get DCed. If I actually get into game, I get DCed when changing maps and then the whole thing starts over again.... Anyone else having these problems?

Yes/no. I've been having problems logging in since before the patch, to the point that 80% of the time it gives me an error and tells me to try back in a few minutes. But once I'm in I'm usually okay.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I really covet is the dragon statue <3

By the way, the red and blue radiant apex mounts seem more EP and DC-like than the alliance horses (the wolf is team orange :lol:).
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apex Mounts look a bit junky. Too much going on. I’m not clear on how they tie into the theme tbh. Motifs and skins are awesome though,
  • STORMCROW0707
    STORMCROW0707
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Will these replace the Flame Atronach crates in the level up rewards?
  • STORMCROW0707
    STORMCROW0707
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Ayy dragon priest costume is back. Legendary though :/

@ak_pvp I know, I really want it, but I will never get it. It's so upsetting

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S.A.

This event ends at 11:59pm GMT Sunday. That is 7:59pm Eastern DAYLIGHT Time.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S.A.

The US east coast is now observing Eastern Standard Time as of today. But, I would assume 7:59 pm EST is the end time, as Eastern Standard Time is 4 hours behind GMT.

Edit: ignore me. Having a brain cramp. It is daylight time.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on March 11, 2018 11:04PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S.A.

The US east coast is now observing Eastern Standard Time as of today. But, I would assume 7:59 pm EST is the end time, as Eastern Standard Time is 4 hours behind GMT.

Daylight saving time started today for US East Coast (EDT).
    Edited by Elsonso on March 11, 2018 10:43PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S.A.

Daylight saving time started today for US East Coast (EDT).

Ugh. Sorry, had a total brain cramp there. You are correct. I guess I needed one more hour of sleep last night. :smiley:
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Eslyn wrote: »
    So.. You just have to log in and kill a thing? Is there any prompting to let you know that you'll receive the freebie? This is my first event of this type, so not quite sure how it works. XD

No prompt or confirmation or anything. You just go do the thing and wait for your swag to show up on Tuesday.

... isn't it Thursday?

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Eslyn wrote: »
    So.. You just have to log in and kill a thing? Is there any prompting to let you know that you'll receive the freebie? This is my first event of this type, so not quite sure how it works. XD

No prompt or confirmation or anything. You just go do the thing and wait for your swag to show up on Tuesday.

... isn't it Thursday?

The crates switch themes on Thursday, but according to the article we get our freebies on Tuesday.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • KillahBrew
    Oh I worked all weekend and wasn't able to jump on. :s
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:44PM
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:44PM
  • RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Glad these are all awful so I'm not tempted to spend any money on them. Keep pumping out the quality content, ZoS!
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the Resplendent Sweetroll never available for gems? Why not make it a Radiant Apex Reward if it's never going to be available? This is frustrating.

Also, I looked over all the promotional material for the Scalecaller Crates and I can't find a single disclaimer saying you can't get it for gems. :/
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am anxiously awaiting a lawsuit over the gambling aspect of these crowns.

Its unfortunate the team cannot invest the amount of time fixing or adding content that it invests in selling gambling-like items in game.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always hated all apex rewards in all crown crate season --- which was a good thing :smile:

now, with Scalecaller Crown Crates, i really love all apex rewards! i'm doomed! :smiley:

congratulations on the great work!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i always hated all apex rewards in all crown crate season --- which was a good thing :smile:

now, with Scalecaller Crown Crates, i really love all apex rewards! i'm doomed! :smiley:

congratulations on the great work!

well... there so little that i don't enjoy on this last crown crate season... and i just had the amazing experience on getting all that few trash on 15 crates that i opened --- lesson learned (i hope) ...i feel stupid :')
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another lackluster crate season. Can I just say the circlets are some of the worst I've seen yet? Not only are they bulky and just silly shaped but they have virtually no detailing or intricacy. WHY aren't we getting the hairstyles that have been datamined and that we see NPCs having??? Why aren't we getting more eye make-up and, please, when we do, NOT drag queen makeup please!?
    Edited by MornaBaine on March 19, 2018 2:50PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!