The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Problem with furniture waisting inventory

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So i didn't engage in the whole housing thing before now (before the cavern released); now i bought some stuff. I received the furniture in my inventory and was told i can't delete it because then it is gone? This seems incredibly tedious to be honest - why can't the furniture not just go into collectibles so you don't need the space in your inventory for it? I also don't understand why some furniture is a collectible while other isn't...Sure they want you to be only able to place bought furniture ONCE but im sure you can set such a limit on collectibles as well....?

Someone gave me the tip to just place it in an inn room for storage - but again this is super tedious and unneccessary, besides - for some weird reason, the 100 feet tall stone statue i got just wont fit into my inn room...
Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 9, 2018 5:25AM
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I just stash most of the furnishings i have in my bank, and they are still accessible and placeable from there (plus whatelse you gonna use the bank for?)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place them in free houses and apartments
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if we had a furniture bag like the crafting bag or if crafting bag included a furniture section (maybe easier)
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what does furniture have to do with belts?
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have several options:

- Use other homes (like the free inn rooms) as storage
    - Use the bank
    - Use storage chests
    - Use a mule character

It's not possible to turn furniture into collections items, since it can be crafted and such.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So i didn't engage in the whole housing thing before now (before the cavern released); now i bought some stuff. I received the furniture in my inventory and was told i can't delete it because then it is gone? This seems incredibly tedious to be honest - why can't the furniture not just go into collectibles so you don't need the space in your inventory for it? I also don't understand why some furniture is a collectible while other isn't...Sure they want you to be only able to place bought furniture ONCE but im sure you can set such a limit on collectibles as well....?

Someone gave me the tip to just place it in an inn room for storage - but again this is super tedious and unneccessary, besides - for some weird reason, the 100 feet tall stone statue i got just wont fit into my inn room...

How is clicking "tedious"? How many furnishings do you have?

I used to store my furnishings in the bank which was pretty much freed up with the ESO+ bag but then along came the chests and now I've got everything nicely sorted into chests.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ssorgatem wrote: »

- Use the bank
    - Use storage chests
    - Use a mule character

It's not possible to turn furniture into collections items, since it can be crafted and such.

Ha, bank is not an option for me. I typically buy between 10-50 of each luxury vendor item I like. I lost track of how many wedding flowers I bought. Alone they are nice, but a field of them..... awesome.

I store them at two notables, one of which is capped and the other is about halfway to cap. I put one of each luxury item in the latter and use it as a show room so people can see what things look like before spending vast amounts of gold buying them off a guild trader.

I don't intend to ever sell them. I do, however, have an open offer to friends that they can come pick what they want if they furnish a house. I bought all the items mostly 'just in case.'
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ssorgatem wrote: »

- Use the bank
    - Use storage chests
    - Use a mule character

Ha, bank is not an option for me. I typically buy between 10-50 of each luxury vendor item I like. I lost track of how many wedding flowers I bought. Alone they are nice, but a field of them..... awesome.

I store them at two notables, one of which is capped and the other is about halfway to cap. I put one of each luxury item in the latter and use it as a show room so people can see what things look like before spending vast amounts of gold buying them off a guild trader.

I don't intend to ever sell them. I do, however, have an open offer to friends that they can come pick what they want if they furnish a house. I bought all the items mostly 'just in case.'

Sounds to me like you're buying too much furniture with not enough houses for them.

Suggestion: cut back on the lux furnisher as they recycle yearly (now that we found out).