The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

remove housing icons from map

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
since the release of the Homestead update that i've been looking for a way to disable the housing icons from the map. i remember that at the time it was something that many people was looking for too, but i never found anything to solve it or heard more about. since it's still something that annoys me when i'm using the map, a since now i'm pretty sure that i have no interested in get more houses, i was wondering if anyone already found a way to fix it. is there any mod or addon that i don't know about that can hide all those useless icons from the map?
Edited by NeKryXe on January 22, 2018 4:21PM
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an addon for this: HideHousePreviews. Can be laggy, though.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    There's an addon for this: HideHousePreviews. Can be laggy, though.

thank you very much. i'm going to try it ;)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I think would be best is if ZOS implemented something that "split" the Homestead map markers from the Wayshrine markers, so that Player Houses had a separate toggle. Mods are great for PC if they can do that, but no good for console players; this needs to be a vanilla UI change.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to be able to toggle them either off or only show the ones I own.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon No, thank you! also has the option to hide the icons of owned/unowned houses or show them only on zone and city maps, but not on the world map.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GaldorP wrote: »
    The addon No, thank you! also has the option to hide the icons of owned/unowned houses or show them only on zone and city maps, but not on the world map.

Yes, I use that and I recommend it, it's very useful overall to avoid annoying things, a must have imo.

ZOS really should have put an hide option, it sucks to see the map so cluttered with those icons, good thing OP you are on PC.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed that we just got another black icon right over a wayshrine, now destroying the map of Gold Coast.

please... just give us an option to remove all the unwanted house icons. this is getting more ridiculous at every new house release.
    Edited by NeKryXe on March 9, 2018 3:21AM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No add ons for Console... so that sucks...

Couldn't we just have these removed altogether?

I mean, currently there are 4 ways to preview a house:
    1. You can preview via crownstore
    2. You can preview by collections
    3. You can preview by walking upto a property
    4. You can preview by clicking on the icons on the map

4 Ways!! that's a little overkill to say the least.

It would be nice to remove the last two!

In other games, if you wish to visit a friends house, you just walk up to the door and go in. If there are more than one friend with that property, a little list comes up. Even really old games like Dc Universe online have this simple feature.

It seems a bit rubbish that the only way to get to a friends home is to go to friends list; select friend; select list of actions; select visit primary residence; and THEN travel.

Remove primary residence altogether so that friends can visit ANY house while online. Remove icons from the map. Allow the 2 normal previews via crownstore and collections, and if a friend wishes to travel to the house? Let them come on foot or mount to the front door.

This is how most other games handle it, and its a lot more simple and immersive
    Edited by MacCait on March 8, 2018 10:35PM
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on xbox, i would very much like a way to disable all the house icons too. But just the ones i dont own.

I dont like how they go over everything, even dungeons and trials.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in fact i'd like to remove all from the map, even the ones i own.

i never used the map to travel to a home.

the map should have 2 home filters:
    1. show all or none
    2. show only the ones we own