The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher won't open. Installation doesn't work. [FIXED]

Overhazard
Overhazard
Soul Shriven
I've been trying to get the launcher to load since last night, and I still get the same problem:

-Had beta access and played before, client and launcher running fine until my computer got wiped and I needed to reinstall

-"Installing ESO Launcher" quits out after a minute

-Clicking the desktop icon or running the program times out shortly. Bethesda is seen in Processes, but no ESO in Applications running

-The Launcher and uninstall folders FOR ESO are seen in Program Files, but there is nothing for Elder Scrolls itself (or Zenimax)

-Running as Administrator doesn't change anything

-"Program is already running/cant have more than one instance" message

-Watching the Processes tab, and Bethesda disappears after a few seconds upon trying to launch the Launcher

Been trying to find a solution for hours, and honestly, I'm ready to give up and just ask for a full refund. I don't want to pay for a game I can't even play.
Edited by Overhazard on March 30, 2014 10:53PM
  • Overhazard
    Overhazard
    Soul Shriven
    Bump. Someone PLEASE help me
  • Takkar
    Takkar
    I have a problem which is almost the same, though managed to install the game once. The launcher does not appear when I click it, apart from a mini icon appearing, and then dissapearing after a while. Updated all gfx drivers, flash, etc and as the OP, have tried running as admin with no solution.

I also had beta version working just fine, including the launcher.

I run win 64bit, my computer is well above requirements for the game. Have been stuck with this issue since I downloaded the full game 3 days ago.

• Overhazard
    Overhazard
    Soul Shriven
    Bump
  • Belazaar
    Belazaar
    I've had the same issue. Talked to support last night tried what they sent and haven't heard back.

I have a ticket open on another tab ready to ask for a refund.
  • Overhazard
    Overhazard
    Soul Shriven
    Fixed it:

Normally I download games to the D : drive instead of C : , and the launcher download never got redirected to a folder named Zenimax Online - the path needed to launch the Launcher program. Open the setup, and make sure that the path leads to a folder named Zenimax Online.

edit: Forum transformed my Drive name into an emoticon.
    Edited by Overhazard on March 30, 2014 10:48PM