Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[STAMBLADE] Which monster set would be better?

Erekon
Erekon
✭✭✭
I'm trying to decide which monster set to run on my stamblade.
PS: This is for an open-world medium armour stamblade (rollerblade?) build.

In the past, I've used:
Selene:
Good damage but very easy to counter. I'm thinking whether I should run stampede instead of ambush if I'm running selene.. but I'll lose empowered incaps.

Bloodspawn:
Extra resistance + ultigen.
but I don't really know how to check the uptime for the resistance buff. Is it worth it on a medium stamblade given that my ultimate (incap) is dirt cheap anyway?

Is there a better choice?

Thank you for your time.
Edited by Erekon on February 26, 2018 11:20PM
PC EU
@ybbarc

[STAMBLADE] Which monster set would be better? 47 votes

Selene
12%
SublimeMinalanWrubius_CoronariaTrashs1wbernardo24Olorin007 6 votes
Bloodspawn
23%
cameron90_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESODatoliteZouniTimeDazzlerPemPemoranje_elfRunscheiUnfadingsilenceak_pvpJobooAGS 11 votes
Velidreth
21%
JaXx64TheRealSnikerMaverick_BrianslicksteezinLukosCreydenfushiniATomiX96mamitouTetrafyhuschdeguddzje 10 votes
Other
42%
AzuryaWycksAllu07neb18_ESOgplumblingnrb18_ESOAztlanrimmidimdimWarraxxSosRuvaakChildOfLightAlurueRoninDerRoteZbigb4lifethankyouratColoredScreamsPijngGrimlok_SNelothexiars10Trout1996Inspiral808 20 votes
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan, because you can
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zaan
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Velidreth
    I haven’t tested Zaan on my Stamblade so with that excluded, Veldrith for sure. It procs all the time and adds significant dps. Selenes is kind of in the middle - good but not great. Bloodspawn is a great set but not so much for stamblade dps. I tend to find it most useful on a Stam tanks and/or heavy armor stamplars in pvp
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    Zaan if you want to gank. Too long CD for viable 1vXs.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaan is garbage for ganking, since it only procs on light and heavy attacks, plus most of the damage is on the back end. The set really shines if you are playing a brawlier playstyle where you stick to an opponent and burn them down.

Bloodspawn probably isn't really worth it on a stam blade, given that you are better off cloaking and kiting for defense

Selenes and Velidreth are probably your best options for burst damage, but I'd also say consider trying Masters Daggers out as well, because they will add a ton of bleed damage, helping you against tougher targets.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selene
    Selene’s Packs a punch, and they can’t avoid it if your opponent is already sucking dirt.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is hardcountered by streak, cloak and purge. That's 3 of 5 classes it's useless against.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Last night I went first time with Kragh, awesome!
    It goes of all the time, I love it on my Stam DD!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troll King is really good (obviously...) on a stamblade, because it helps you recover more quickly and increases your offensive window. Especially against permasnaring and rooting DK's. It is even better on heavy armor builds, but on medium it is still good. It just increases your healing by a ton. I really don't like offensive monstersets on a stamblade. You got more than enough damage to kill people. Surviving is your most important challenge.
    Edited by Koensol on February 27, 2018 9:46AM
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Honestly, you could run naked and still be competitive as stamblade vs the other classes.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Honestly, you could run naked and still be competitive as stamblade vs the other classes.

tbh i often run around naked testing this, just for *** an giggles.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Real players don't use monster sets :p
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I know lots of stamblade players that still use veli, better than Selene, more reliable hits, but I still love troll king, with cloak, when cloak works, it is still great. Made for stamblade.
    Actually, mag blades too, just give up on vamp. With a shield up.and cloak, be awesome healing, I'm just not a magblade, but I still think it would work great.