Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where did you get your first Aetherial Dust and/or sypher?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not had any yet sadly, I'm just levelling some new characters right now and hoping that I will pick something up on the way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    My level 24 character just found one...in the jungle. Just happened to see it when unloading at the bank. Really don't need the gold...but I'll try to sell it I guess... Not sure I'll ever reach a level where I could use it...though my top character is ~50CP.

Finally sold it on the 3rd try.
    Edited by erliesc on March 3, 2017 7:43PM
    I know nutting....
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    found Dust off a Ruby Ash!
    in Rivenspire just south west of Shornhelm
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found cipher on trash mob in fungal grotto,
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my one and only Dust from a Clothier Survey
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    Got 2 dusts, first from unknown resource, second from ruby ash wood in Auridon.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my fist one from a node in Deshann mat farming
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Got first and only off a hyacinth by the docks in stros mkai
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen one.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Found 3 so far. Got my first in a Protean Runestone from a survey which was quite surprising, I forgot which map but it was not one of the newbie areas. 2nd and 3rd I found in my craftbag after a regular farming run, I didn't see which type of node they dropped from and can't possibly guess at it as I gather everything, even insects. Again they were not in newbie areas though (and not Craglorn or a DLC area either).
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found aetherial dust at saint veloths shrine on a clothing node on my birthday!

I swear the game knew it was my birthday and gave me a present. (You do have to enter date of birth to make an account)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy necro...
  • DHANKMAN
    DHANKMAN
    I found some of this stuff a week ago on a Alchemy node in the Gold Coast. What is it worth nowadays I have it up for sale at 87K is that realistic?
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first one was in Bangkorai while I was waiting for someone to get to the wayshrine from a clothing node. The second one was from a runestone, but I forgot where.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHANKMAN wrote: »
    I found some of this stuff a week ago on a Alchemy node in the Gold Coast. What is it worth nowadays I have it up for sale at 87K is that realistic?

I see them go between 80 and 90K on traders.
    Edited by Gracous on March 4, 2018 8:39PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one Dust on the day they were released from a "Clear Water" node in Glenumbra while working on fishing achievements. None since.

Wow, a year-plus later, and this is still true.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did alot of gathering over the years, with the Orsinium event gathered over 15000 materials excluded herbs and rune nodes but never found any dust, same for Imperial motif, after so much stealing never seen one.
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    A big fat zilch for both but my level 8, Ledgerman 20 thieving alt has found four Imperial motif books so far so I guess that's my rng all used up.
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    I found one Aetherial Dust on a level 3 character in a random alchemy node (It might've been Nightshade) on Bleakrock Isle.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dust; found 1, I have no idea where. I was farming, so picked up stuff without looking, only noticed it in the craft bag later.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone necro'd this tread and it wasn't to razz the OP over getting ciphers confused with Sypher?
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.