Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where did you get your first Aetherial Dust and/or sypher?

Gracous
Gracous
✭✭✭✭
regail us with your story of how you got your first aetherial dust or sypher!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only found 1 dust.
    It was in a water sack in Stros-M'kai.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't on Bleakrock. Nope. Nothing to see there folks. Try Stros M'kai. I hear it's nice and "dusty" there.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Dust in a runestone in Auridon. Didn't expect it to drop in runestones.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it wasn't supposed to spawn in those either. Nice one!
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dust: 7 so far.

x1 Stormhaven: Iron Ore node. - Very first
    x1 Deshaan: Ancestor Silk node.
    x1 Deshaan: Ancestor Silk node.
    x1 Deshaan: Rubedite Ore node.
    x1 Stros M'kai: Rubedite Ore Node.
    x1 Glenumbra: Runestone node.
    x1 Bangkorai: Ruby Ash Wood node.

Aetheric Cipher: 1. Bought for 2.2m.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on February 4, 2017 8:20PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I HAVEN'T FOUND ***.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    none for me either so far...are there any level or skill requisites to be able to find them?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea. One day i just noticed i have one it the crafting bag.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have not seen one of either yet.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found a Cipher in my inventory in my first week on NA. No idea where it came from. I want to sell it for 2m but haven't worked up the courage to wts in zone. Anyone interested can pm me in game or here. It will probs just end up gathering dust in the bank.
    PC | EU
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not found any dust or cipher, play 8-10 hours/day and no luck :(
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't. :s
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw my first Sypher on Twitch :D
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3. The only one I saw appear was from an Ancestor Silk. The others I only noticed when I looked at my craft bag. :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just was looking through my crafting bag today and noticed one in it. I'm gunna sell it :)
  • Meilinka
    Meilinka
    ✭✭✭
    I found my first Sypher back in 2014, been friends ever since.

On the other hand, I haven't found any dust or ciphers.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No RNG love for me yet.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never tried looking...

But I did get a Precise Lightning Maelstrom staff from the rewards this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FriedEggSandwich offload that aetherial recipe now if you're going to sell...the recipe is sold by the homestead merchant for master crafting writ vouchers.

Based on the writs on the pts, it'll still be spendy, but earning the vouchers will require approx two gold nirnhoned items. So the cost to buy it in update 13 is approx. $200k in items. So sell now before people figure that out!
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    @FriedEggSandwich offload that aetherial recipe now if you're going to sell...the recipe is sold by the homestead merchant for master crafting writ vouchers.

Based on the writs on the pts, it'll still be spendy, but earning the vouchers will require approx two gold nirnhoned items. So the cost to buy it in update 13 is approx. $200k in items. So sell now before people figure that out!

That thing is only 100% exp boost, and you need diminished dust too. I prefer the one I have learnt already to the Writ one.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meilinka wrote: »
    I found my first Sypher back in 2014, been friends ever since.

On the other hand, I haven't found any dust or ciphers.

I noticed that I misspelled it after I posted it but What the hell I'm just gonna leave it!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. Might try offering it for 1mil instead.
    PC | EU
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    For those who found it: Did you have the Treasure Hunter CP bonus?
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one Dust on the day they were released from a "Clear Water" node in Glenumbra while working on fishing achievements. None since.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 7, 2017 5:30PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0. After almost two years I've only had one imperial motif drop. Still only have 2 glass page pieces too.

:(
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    I found some dust on a log in Grahtwood the other month.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    1 in clothing survey bangkorai
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HAVEN'T FOUND ***.

Comb the desert, do you hear me? Comb. The. Desert.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • AlphaAbsol
    AlphaAbsol
    ✭✭
    I found a dust in Bangkorai. Was really surprised, managed to sell it for 65K. Glad I sold it before the price plummeted too much. As for cipher, never ever once found it.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In area chat :|