The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do I uninstall ESO?

Dwyn
Dwyn
Soul Shriven
I didnt like the Beta, and it was the first ES game I could play. There is no uninstall option on the launcher, so how do I get rid of it?
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure the actual uninstaller is in the game folder, or look in your control panel for uninstall software option.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just looked.. its in there

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\uninstall

The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Dwyn
    Dwyn
    Soul Shriven
    I just looked.. its in there

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\uninstall
    You do know this is in the mac support? not pc
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwyn wrote: »
    I didnt like the Beta, and it was the first ES game I could play. There is no uninstall option on the launcher, so how do I get rid of it?

Obvious troll post
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the Mac to uninstall the Launcher just drag these files to the Trash and delete;
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/Launcher.app
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online Alias

If NA set Launcher it will be slightly different;
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    On the Mac to uninstall the Launcher just drag these files to the Trash and delete;
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online Alias

If NA set Launcher it will be slightly different;
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online

if you are uninstalling everything just drag the whole ZeniMax Online folder to the Trash:
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online

Then, if you played the game, you need to do the same for the Elder Scrolls Online settings folders;
    /Documents/Elder Scrolls Online

• LGG11
    LGG11
    Wow Eso was around in 2014? Seems so long ago. Want to remove to now as well ironically. And NO trash can is not the way to uninstall. I am wondering about stuff related to when i may want to reinstall in the future.
    I Pawn U Respawn & I Spawn2Kill
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't. You're bound for lyfe
  • LGG11
    LGG11
    YAY!!! I got like 120+ gb back on my cpu smooth sailing for my games im playing now im so happy nothing but heartbreak and sadness and death from eso goodbye.
  • LGG11
    LGG11
    lol i got a badge but im not gonna be back here. maybe some day.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LGG11 wrote: »
    Want to remove to now as well ironically. And NO trash can is not the way to uninstall. I am wondering about stuff related to when i may want to reinstall in the future.
    This is the Mac Tech Support forum, so we're talking about OS X here. On OS X, putting stuff into the trash is the proper way to uninstall an application. Any application, not just ESO, for that matter.

If you want to reinstall ESO in the future, just restore the most recent version of the two folders mentioned above from your Time Machine backup (or any other backup you're running), wait for the launcher to patch the game up to the current game version, and you're good to go.
  • Trensharo
    Trensharo
    ✭✭✭
    LGG11 wrote: »
    Want to remove to now as well ironically. And NO trash can is not the way to uninstall. I am wondering about stuff related to when i may want to reinstall in the future.
    This is the Mac Tech Support forum, so we're talking about OS X here. On OS X, putting stuff into the trash is the proper way to uninstall an application. Any application, not just ESO, for that matter.

If you want to reinstall ESO in the future, just restore the most recent version of the two folders mentioned above from your Time Machine backup (or any other backup you're running), wait for the launcher to patch the game up to the current game version, and you're good to go.

Necro, but I want to clarify that this is not totally true. The only applications that can be dragged to the trash for clean uninstallation are Application Bundles (App Store Apps can be removed similarly to iOS Apps, long click and then Press (X) and confirm). Bundles are self-contained application archives/packages. Some applications simply cannot be uninstalled that way, and should not. Application installers do exist for macOS. Razer Synapse and Battle.net, for example, both need their uninstallers to be run to remove it.

The statement that Any Application can be uninstalled simply by dragging to the Trash Can is bad guidance and absolutely false. It's not true, and it's a recipe for disaster in many cases, as many popular application packages (and some games, even) on macOS distribute uninstallers specifically for this reason. They will not uninstall cleanly without being uninstalled properly, and not uninstalling them properly can cause issues in many cases.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I really hope that sometime between now and March 2016 everyone got the help they needed, especially given that the thread started in April 2014.

The Worm Cult is taking applications for Thread Necromancers apparently.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 6, 2018 3:16AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭