The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For new NB's no CP BG's

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Ne1 whom says mSorc is a threat (aside from the random implosion proc when a NB is attacking you at the same time) is just joking around.

Sorcs haven't been a threat in over a year.

Get the best player on a Sorc and he'll so better on a different class. Lol

Sorcs! What a joke

This is completely untrue. Your exposure to good sorcs must be extremely limited.

I only made a mag warden last patch. Before that it was pretty much only mag sorc

The mag warden in bg's literally felt like a mag sorc on steroids right from day 1. 5x more survivability and 5x more burst damage. Successful 1v2's became 1v4's. I know magden is limited in an open world setting but we have a stamden which is much superior

If you are able to 1vx on a mag sorc, it's much simpler on a stam warden / stam blade and also a well played stam sorc

• Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ne1 whom says mSorc is a threat (aside from the random implosion proc when a NB is attacking you at the same time) is just joking around.

Sorcs! What a joke

This is completely untrue. Your exposure to good sorcs must be extremely limited.

Dude, we both play in the same campaigns and BGs. Unless they are like at keeps and not BGs, (which actually is possible) we see the same peeps.

And it's not the players. I bet ya the best sorc player will actually perform better on a different class because of all the available options.

If you want to see the best ones you have to spend some time in wayrest duels. And not too too long ago Phobia (one of the best magsorcs before he quit) tried a run on stamblade. It was comical.

I’m not saying there aren’t better classes out there right now, but sorc is still top tier, despite what this community would have you believe.

And to be fair, I can only remember seeing you in BGs a couple times. I was in a pre-made and it was a steamroll. The only reason I knew who you were is because of the forums.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

Dude, we both play in the same campaigns and BGs. Unless they are like at keeps and not BGs, (which actually is possible) we see the same peeps.

And it's not the players. I bet ya the best sorc player will actually perform better on a different class because of all the available options.

If you want to see the best ones you have to spend some time in wayrest duels. And not too too long ago Phobia (one of the best magsorcs before he quit) tried a run on stamblade. It was comical.

I’m not saying there aren’t better classes out there right now, but sorc is still top tier, despite what this community would have you believe.

And to be fair, I can only remember seeing you in BGs a couple times. I was in a pre-made and it was a steamroll. The only reason I knew who you were is because of the forums.

Been to Wayrest, I might pop up there to watch time to time, have had duels but I don't really do them anymore unless testing a build.

Yeah, if I'm facing a pre-made I'll just go for points - unless it's a relic mode which I then just don't give a $&+# because I hate those modes

BTW you may also remember me from this:

cXZgpTo.png
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 3, 2018 6:20PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

Sorc is really good in groups. But it’s lackluster 1v1 and struggling in outnumbered solo situations. It’s also pretty non-threatening to a lot of setups. This is because spec damage is bad and their offensive window is restricted by shields. Given the strength of healing if you stop your offense to reapply shields then a good player will have reset his health.

Phobia is a monster sorc, but he’s still got the same issues as every other sorc, if you survive his burst(or just block/dodge the reach or drag) then all he can hope to do is outsustain you.

Qwazz is another good sorc on our platform but he runs a pretty non-traditional setup that’s designed around winning a burst/DPS race with an enemy then being able to disengage when focused.

Furthermore, you’re talking about mag sorc duelists who almost always lose something you would need open world, a lot of the sorcs in wayrest don’t even slot streak...

These guys are good because they’re exceptional players, not because their class is strong. Meanwhile we’ve got 451474 “good” mageblades around because the class is so strong in comparison. I’m only using mageblade as an example because it excels in the same playstyle as sorc but does practically everything at a high level.

Imo, sorc is literally the weakest magika spec and it’s only stronger than its stam variant and stam dk
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 3, 2018 6:21PM
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

Been to Wayrest, I might pop up there to watch time to time, have had duels but I don't really do them anymore unless testing a build.

Yeah, if I'm facing a pre-made I'll just go for points - unless it's a relic mode which I then just don't give a $&+# because I hate those modes

cXZgpTo.png

LOL... number 1 with 5 days and 14 hours left on a 7 day landgrab leaderboard? Nope. Sorry.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Sorcs! What a joke

Sorc is really good in groups. But it’s lackluster 1v1 and struggling in outnumbered solo situations. It’s also pretty non-threatening to a lot of setups. This is because spec damage is bad and their offensive window is restricted by shields. Given the strength of healing if you stop your offense to reapply shields then a good player will have reset his health.

Phobia is a monster sorc, but he’s still got the same issues as every other sorc, if you survive his burst(or just block/dodge the reach or drag) then all he can hope to do is outsustain you.

Qwazz is another good sorc on our platform but he runs a pretty non-traditional setup that’s designed around winning a burst/DPS race with an enemy then being able to disengage when focused.

Furthermore, you’re talking about mag sorc duelists who almost always lose something you would need open world, a lot of the sorcs in wayrest don’t even slot streak...

These guys are good because they’re exceptional players, not because their class is strong. Meanwhile we’ve got 451474 “good” mageblades around because the class is so strong in comparison. I’m only using mageblade as an example because it excels in the same playstyle as sorc but does practically everything at a high level.

Imo, sorc is literally the weakest magika spec and it’s only stronger than its stam variant and stam dk

I respect your opinion and I disagree. I think they are strong 1v1, super strong in BG’s, and strong in open world. I’m not advocating a nerf, buff or anything like that. I’m just saying they are much stronger then some of the regular forum posters lead on. When you say that those guys are good because they are exceptional players I say, well yeah. Bad players tend to die on whatever class they play. I always try to look at what a class is capable of if built and played properly.

A common argument is that you can’t judge a class by 1v1. If that is the case Sorc gets even better. Range, mobility and shields can’t be discounted.

With all that being said, I agree with you that Magblades are monsters right now. Danny Van Halen is a nightmare on his forward momentum Magblade. It’s cool, we all have opinions based on our experiences. My experiences might just be coming from a different place.

P.S. @Waffennacht i generally wouldn’t even care what people think about a class except I’m terrified there is a small chance that the devs occasionally read these forums. That’s why I was mortified that there were so many buff MagDK posts recently. And this is from someone who has two mains. 1 is a MagDK.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

cXZgpTo.png

LOL... number 1 with 5 days and 14 hours left on a 7 day landgrab leaderboard? Nope. Sorry.

I dislike your post here.

I would point out that yeah that was with that time left, (shows you how many points I can make in BGs in a short manner of time) and how many people are ever #1?

Sorc is not the top tier class. Period, it's not even second or third. That's essentially all I have said.

And I'm good, it's a statement of fact at this point

@killset
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 4, 2018 12:37AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

cXZgpTo.png

I would point out that yeah that was with that time left, (shows you how many points I can make in BGs in a short manner of time) and how many people are ever #1?

Sorc is not the top tier class. Period, it's not even second or third. That's essentially all I have said.

@killset

Sure thing

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

cXZgpTo.png

@killset

Sure thing

Show me on this doll where the sorc hurt you
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Sorcs! What a joke

cXZgpTo.png

@killset

Sure thing

Show me on this doll where the sorc hurt you

That’s played out. Like I said above. I think sorcs are fine. I’m not saying they need nerfs.

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

I respect your opinion and I disagree. I think they are strong 1v1, super strong in BG’s, and strong in open world. I’m not advocating a nerf, buff or anything like that. I’m just saying they are much stronger then some of the regular forum posters lead on. When you say that those guys are good because they are exceptional players I say, well yeah. Bad players tend to die on whatever class they play. I always try to look at what a class is capable of if built and played properly.

A common argument is that you can’t judge a class by 1v1. If that is the case Sorc gets even better. Range, mobility and shields can’t be discounted.

With all that being said, I agree with you that Magblades are monsters right now. Danny Van Halen is a nightmare on his forward momentum Magblade. It’s cool, we all have opinions based on our experiences. My experiences might just be coming from a different place.

P.S. @Waffennacht i generally wouldn’t even care what people think about a class except I’m terrified there is a small chance that the devs occasionally read these forums. That’s why I was mortified that there were so many buff MagDK posts recently. And this is from someone who has two mains. 1 is a MagDK.

One point I strongly disagree with... Sorcs are not particularly strong in 1v1s.

There's a reason hardly anyone plays them in duels and we haven't seen a Sorc do well in duels in god knows how long. The only build that performs well in 1v1s is a pet build that no one wants to play because all you do is shield stack and put a curse every 6" and let the pets do the damage. It's also a build that performs very very poorly in OW and BGs. Your bog standard Sorc build is an excellent kiter but poor at controlling a 1v1 fight.

Generally Sorc is pretty good. I also disagree with people who say it's bad. Best way I can put is that it's as good as anyone bar StamWardens and NBs who vastly out-perform anything else this patch.

As far as buffs/nerfs are concerned, I still maintain that the double nerf to frags was an extremely asinine design decision that has forced all Sorcs into Masters destro staves and wasn't really warranted. Otherwise, strength-wise, it's fine.
    EU | PC | AD
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

@Lexxypwns Lol I don't think it's that many good magblades around in terms of 1v1. I agree the class is a monster and there are more people playing which is nice because I remember a time when I was the only magblade in sewers dueling. So I'm happy to see the population grow, But honestly when I think of the magblade population on Xbox it's only 3 or 4 that come to mind that when I duel this guy I need to be on my A-game. Magblade is a little more dangerous to fight than sorc though because even an average magblade can land a kill if you get complacent, but on average I find magblades easier kill. I do think the class is harder to play than sorc as well because the survivability is more proactive. Alot of magblades try to keep their shield up 100℅ of the time and this relieves pressure on your opponent which makes you fall into the same trap that sorcs fall into. Magblade is alot more proactive which is why I believe it's a harder playstyle to get down. In my opinion if both players are average the mag sorc would actually be better than the magblade, and if both players are good the magblade will be better.
    Edited by thankyourat on March 5, 2018 2:02AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcs! What a joke

I understand your view as well. We see bad sorcs all the time go 26-2-5 with 1m damage. But imo that’s usually a result of them not being handled properly, mag sorc is one of those classes that when you allow it free reign will absolutely dominate and it is still and always has been a pug smashing machine.

I’m just concerned that on the top level they’re so dependent on opponents mistakes for kills while lacking the tools to force those mistakes consistently

Sorcs! What a joke

@Lexxypwns Lol I don't think it's that many good magblades around in terms of 1v1. I agree the class is a monster and there are more people playing which is nice because I remember a time when I was the only magblade in sewers dueling. So I'm happy to see the population grow, But honestly when I think of the magblade population on Xbox it's only 3 or 4 that come to mind that when I duel this guy I need to be on my A-game. Magblade is a little more dangerous to fight than sorc though because even an average magblade can land a kill if you get complacent, but on average I find magblades easier kill. I do think the class is harder to play than sorc as well because the survivability is more proactive. Alot of magblades try to keep their shield up 100℅ of the time and this relieves pressure on your opponent which makes you fall into the same trap that sorcs fall into. Magblade is alot more proactive which is why I believe it's a harder playstyle to get down. In my opinion if both players are average the mag sorc would actually be better than the magblade, and if both players are good the magblade will be better.

You, derpy, Hebrew, Danny, bubby, movingwall are all top tier. With Derpy being, imo, the best mageblade on our platform. Then there’s a lot of people just below that level. There’s also a lot of really good old mageblades that have quit or switched to something else. Im sure there’s someone or a couple people I’m forgetting.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 5, 2018 2:47AM