The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problems breaking free this patch

Emmagoldman
Emmagoldman
✭✭✭✭✭
As title says, im having problems on my sorc breaking free, even at high stam levels. It generally wasnt a problem in the past (at times fear was bugged) but this patch im having more problems. Anyone else? Is there a new mechanic in the patch I missed?
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I have issues getting free from fossilize
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, warden ulti for me
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felt it yesterday in Battlegrounds. TBF breaking free seems bugged if you a Magika toon, even if ur stam bar is full, it's like it can't make the calculation. And of course enemies break free 100% of the time.

And agreed Fear has been bugged forever
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Break free is broken. Sometimes, I am at full stam and it just won't let me break free, usually ending up dead. Or sometimes consumes stamina and have no break free. Maybe that is its own issue with lag as the cause but still nonetheless really irritating. I hope that they won't break more things with next update which probably will be the only time we will see this fixed if they do even bother to fix.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resource calculations in general seem to be having issues. Ultis often don't seem to want to fire because they think they also don't have enough juice when they do. Folks also seem to be getting odd intermittent resource drains or skill cost increases to something like that. The joke is Wrobel didn't get enough of our resources and generally wrecking combat with morrowind so he's taking some more without telling us. What is behind it all is anybody's guess.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got way more problems with cc break too this patch.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Felt it yesterday in Battlegrounds. TBF breaking free seems bugged if you a Magika toon, even if ur stam bar is full, it's like it can't make the calculation. And of course enemies break free 100% of the time.

And agreed Fear has been bugged forever

With fear, it got way better for me the last couple of patches and I could regulary break it. This patch though ccs are ridiculously hard for me to break. Maybe I need to test it on my stam toon to see if its better. There are plenty of times im just unable to do anything as I pound my mouse button to break free.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that too when I get CCd with rune prison. It's insanely annoying.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ton of bugs

Ground sliding
    No root immunity
    Being rooted while dodge rolling
    CC break not working
    Resources being used without the ability firing
    Ults not responding/ult being used without firing

That's what I've seen this far
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ton of bugs

Ground sliding
    No root immunity
    CC break not working

That's what I've seen this far

:(

It's true, which makes is so sad. My wife rage quit today. It will take some effort to fix these new bugs. But i have little confidence they will even find the bugs in their messy code.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

We see some of you are on PC, and others on Xbox One (based on forum signature info.) Could you post if you are also experiencing this on PS4 so we have a better understanding if this is happening on all three platforms? Also, did this start with Update 17, or was it happening before then?

Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We see some of you are on PC, and others on Xbox One (based on forum signature info.) Could you post if you are also experiencing this on PS4 so we have a better understanding if this is happening on all three platforms? Also, did this start with Update 17, or was it happening before then?

Thank you!

I am on Xbox

Ground sliding
    No root immunity
    CC break not working

And the abilities not firing may or may not be connected to healing - as in it could be the ability failing to fire, or it may fire but just actually fail to heal.

We on Xbox also have the WW bug where (I don't know if it's outta time or forced out of WW form) we cannot bar swap and must hit ult and dump it to regain normal non WW playing

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 3, 2018 7:58PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is also happening on PS4. It happened to some degree before the latest patch, but is much worse since the update especially the random resource drain.
  • cameron90_ESO
    cameron90_ESO
    ✭✭
    It’s also happening on PC.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some terrible combat issues, but lately they've gotten pretty unplayable in some situations. Like when the intense lag hits, I've had issues where when I weapon swap, my skill bar swaps, but not my weapon, and my weapon doesn't swap for like 5 minutes (not an exaggeration). This is even worse than just weaponswap lag, since what happens is you can't use any of the abilities because you don't have the weapon equipped.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 3, 2018 8:51PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Thank you!

It started at the update.

1. Knockback CC's are buggy. There are so many times that I get hit with Destructive Reach and cannot break free until i hit the ground. Javelin breakfree seems delayed. It may be the same with Dizzy...
    2. Shuffle is really broken in a negative way for the user right now. There are so many times that you cast it and it charges you stamina and plays no animation. I'm pretty sure it doesn't remove snares either. A lot of times if you double cast shuffle, the second time it plays no animation and charges you stamina. I really have no idea what is going on with it, but I am not the only one who noticed this.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Thank you!

I am on Xbox

Ground sliding
    No root immunity
    CC break not working

And the abilities not firing may or may not be connected to healing - as in it could be the ability failing to fire, or it may fire but just actually fail to heal.

We on Xbox also have the WW bug where (I don't know if it's outta time or forced out of WW form) we cannot bar swap and must hit ult and dump it to regain normal non WW playing

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This reminds me. At least 20% of my Cyrodiil kills result in a delayed death and a ground sliding/dead standing person running around. I've posted a recent video that contains this. Also I've been noticing rooted while dodge rolling. It's because the immunity is applied after the dodge roll. so... ROOTS SHOULD BE DODGABLE!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed a strange bug, not sure if others have. Bar swapping can occasionally become very “clunky” feeling after PvPing for about 30-60min as a DW/Resto Mag Sorcerer. It was Fixed after I closed app -> logged back in.

I also was wearing an outfit. My staff would be visually held by my character when on DW bar, and my two Daggers held visually when on my Resto bar. That may have caused it. This visual issue happens randomly when PvPing and pretty much stays that way and randomly interchanges with the correct visuals constantly.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom great to see a fast response. I certainly feel things are worse this patch on Xbox EU. Some CC s have always felt buggy, Fear in particular but since the patch they all seem unreliable, and ive noticed the other elements @Waffennacht has shared too
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nearly unplayable. It seems to me that the break free immunity is lagging to be applied and a second or third stun will land before it would normally apply. It more of an issue with multiple opponents. Can't fight back at all. It sucks the fun out of PVP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I’ve noticed a strange bug, not sure if others have. Bar swapping can occasionally become very “clunky” feeling after PvPing for about 30-60min as a DW/Resto Mag Sorcerer. It was Fixed after I closed app -> logged back in.

I also was wearing an outfit. My staff would be visually held by my character when on DW bar, and my two Daggers held visually when on my Resto bar. That may have caused it. This visual issue happens randomly when PvPing and pretty much stays that way and randomly interchanges with the correct visuals constantly.

I was not wearing an outfit on any of my bugs. Good point, it should be noted with or without costume
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • caitiecat
    caitiecat
    Soul Shriven
    I am on xbox NA server and I noticed problems with bar swapping/delay and abilities not working when i pressed the button before the patch but it became noticeably worse after the patch making the game currently unplayable.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone. We are aware of a number of combat-related issues that surfaced after the last incremental patch on PC. These issues are most noticeable when animation canceling and bar swapping), so your replies are helpful in understanding if you're experiencing those or something else. We have some fixes going into next week's PC incremental patch that should greatly improve those particular issues. We're looking into the other issues mentioned as well.

The Werewolf Transformation issue on consoles is a known issue, and will be fixed with the next incremental patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Xbox one here

Few issues with break free when at full stam. Someone also mention ultimate firing issues. I notice this constantly on my sorc. I thought it could be a problem with the cost reduction not being recognized maybe.

Also having a hard time with targeting or hit box recognition since dragon bones. I can be pointed right at an enemy and firing away with light attack and skill weave and nothing will happen. No light attack no skill. **i am attempting to animation cancel almost constantly**
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What of the issues of resources getting drained and sometimes costs seem massively increased for skills? Making sustain nonexistant even at 2k and up regen? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • DuckNoodles
    DuckNoodles
    ✭✭✭
    Can't break free from Dizzy, Fear, Clench, fozz. I'm on my Stam toon with full Stam! Very frustrating (PS4 EU)
    Edited by DuckNoodles on March 4, 2018 6:29AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What of the issues of resources getting drained and sometimes costs seem massively increased for skills? Making sustain nonexistant even at 2k and up regen? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Had this as well. Was just Standing and suddenly my Stam drained a bit, wasn't even in combat or moving
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC:

Lots more sliding this patch. A meteor roll-back in lag, a chain through the upper floor of a keep. Floating all the way to the bottom and then up again. Flying. You have a lot more times this patch where your character is basically bugged one way or the other.
    -
    Something that's still an issue, but been for a while: Getting chained / Feared into walls/stairs/ledges etc. It seems to be easier to be stuck in terrain this patch though.
    CC-break takes ages. Resources not regenerating properly. etc
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Thank you!

I play pc and ps4 and it is on both.
  • rickard_karstarck
    Way to be silent on all the specific bug reports people have made on the various lag and break free bugs.

Here's hoping tomorrow's patch fixes things, but with the recent trend I'm sure it'll break even more things.