The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage bug

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, the bug the OP is seeing is not the DOT itself, but rather that the DOT damage procced all at once instead of over time.

Yeah, he should have cleansed it, he knows that. That's not the bug. The bug is DOTs hitting all at once as a giant unmitigatable amount of damage.
  • Mertica
    Mertica
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Mertica wrote: »
    All the the Learn to Play answers are BS. In the latest patch I, among MANY others, have noticed particular lag issues, such as NB OR Templar abilities screwing up, or other server-side issues, such as us lagging even though our internet/ping is fine.

I believe I encountered a similar issue, but not in a dungeon, where I died in the blink of an eye cause of a DoT which apparently applied 23 times at once.

This is definitely a bug, judging by all the other issues relevant to this since the latest patch.

I'm almost certain that the DOT is able to be purged by stepping on a gold circle during the fight. Then the dot goes away.

Edit: I'm actually 100% certain. Observe your NPC ally going around the arena during the fight getting reagents to create a potion to make the circle. When he throws down the circle the whole group can cleanse in it.

No, that is not the issue at hand. It doesn't matter what the DoT is, or how to cleanse it.

The issue OP is facing, among other people, is that the DoT applied all at once.
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    No, it didn't. I understand the frustration here, but.
    Let's read the recap.

How would you die by a 380 poison spit right after a 361,376 instant damadge taht would kill any player in the game?

Sorry for the op, but he died because he got heal debuff (power bash) and couldn't overheal the rampant DOT anymore he stacked until that point.

If you die by a 360k blistering plague damage, then the last indicator you have on death recap is a 360k blistering plague. Not a 380 poison spit.