The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mog System, Items Floating Off Toons Body

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
When I use the new outfit system on belts, and weapons that secure to the back, they more often than not float way off the body. They don't even come close to touching, I mean like inches to what appears to be a foot of air in between my toon and the items. It looks horrible. Please check into this.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of those items like belts and shoulders are set at that height so they don't clip with the set they were designed for. Gear is this game is simply "as is" and does not adjust to your current gear - that's been true of dropped and equipped sets always.

A really easy set to see this on is Abah's Watch. That set is very bulky, so items like the shoulders and belt that fit with other gear of that set tend to float on anything less bulky.

Unless ZOS were to implement some sort of smart gear that could adjust wear the armor pieces sit in relation to each other, pieces will stay set for their own style of gear and we'll just have to live with some sets just not fitting well together.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't just through the mog system though. I made a belt that the buckle floated way off the body and actually equipped it. It did the same thing. So I made the chest and pants of the set to see and it still did it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso