The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having to have a Destro Staff skill on both bars: myth?

Illurian
Illurian
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've seen a couple of guides, such as the ones from @Alcast that advocate having at least 1 Destro Staff skill on each bar for Magicka DDs. Why is this the case?

I've read through all the passives of the Destro Staff skill line and none of them were indicative of providing any bonus for having a Destro Staff skill slotted.

What am I missing?
Kiss the chaos.

Best Answer

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here you go:
    174ef32978.png
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Answer ✓
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simply that you don't want to lose the extra 8% damage to your AoE (shock) or single target (fire) abilities on any bar. It' a tiny bit of optimization with easy gain.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Simply that you don't want to lose the extra 8% damage to your AoE (shock) or single target (fire) abilities on any bar. It' a tiny bit of optimization with easy gain.

What? You don't have to have a Destro Staff skill slotted in order to gain that bonus, only wield a Destro Staff, right?

Even on dual inferno, on a magblade for example, alcast says to place the Destro ult on the front bar to have a Destro Staff skill on both bars, instead of Soul Harvest, when Soul Harvest would give your front bar a little extra crit due to it being an assassination skill from one of the passives.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Here you go:
    174ef32978.png

I see! So you do have to have a skill slotted. Thanks a ton! I can't believe I missed that when I was specifically reading through the passives to see what was up.

Thanks!
    Kiss the chaos.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally think it's a stupid requirement as I seldom have a use for Destro skills outside of Wall of Elements. I prefer meteor to destro ult. @ZOS_Wrobel could we perhaps change this to having it equipt, like a 2H weapon or like every other weapon here is
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info