Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I tried to make Crystal Blast work

ParaNostram
ParaNostram
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I tried to make a build that incorporated this ability. Maybe I'm just bad at this game but it seems to me as though Crystal Blast is just pretty useless. In PvE it doesn't really do enough damage to warrant being slotted. In PvP it takes forever to travel to your opponent so really only if you aren't paying attention will this hit while the cast time being a liability (all somebody has to do is break line of sight for a split second while you're casting and you're interrupted at any distance, not to mention it's not hard to just walk up and interrupt the cast). I tried running a build focused on launching empowered Crystal Blasts but it just doesn't perform.

Has anyone been able to make a build able to use Crystal Blast effectively?
"Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
Bosmer Sorceress
Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
Order of the Black Worm
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw a guy in dungeon finder using it as a spammable.

It went about as well as you can expect.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But hey, ZOS has to take the stun off of the crystal frags morph to trick people into using this garbage skill.

Still garbage. Eat it Wrobel.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe if the splash was over a larger area and maybe hit harder it could maybe be viable in a PvE setting, or if the stun was a part of the splash it might be decent in PvP, but as it currently is it is such a trash skill.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least crystal blast is less trashy than crystal fragments now. In any case, you are better of slotting something meaningful instead though.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are playing with fire talking about how bad Crystal Blast is. Last time people talked like this, Fragments was nerfed to make Blast viable
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure bashing CB is only going to have Zos nerf frags even more, is that the goal? The stun is not coming back.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I saw a guy in dungeon finder using it as a spammable.

It went about as well as you can expect.

Saw that for the first time today in a daily PUG.

Cast time DD abilities are not amazing in dungeons. It was not good.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one will use a cast time skill unless the payoff is really high or they dont have any other alternatives.

Dizzying swing and dark deal are the only two I see people use, and still not that much.

Cristal blast is a piece of crap, you're much better of stunning someone with fire clench and smacking a procced frag.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't know where they were going with that change. In pvp, flame/shock reach stuns as well and doesn't have a cast time, so sorcs use that with crystal frags for burst damage. In pve, crystal frags makes up a good chunk of a sorc's dps if they use it. If they gave it empower like the same way solar flare has or something, it'd be a lil more decent.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    You guys are playing with fire talking about how bad Crystal Blast is. Last time people talked like this, Fragments was nerfed to make Blast viable
    Sevn wrote: »
    Pretty sure bashing CB is only going to have Zos nerf frags even more, is that the goal? The stun is not coming back.

I guess ZOS sees sorc threads and assumes they're all nerf sorc threads. The memes did their job too well.

1mydnq.jpg

Edit: for another quality meme

miaji.jpg

Edited by ParaNostram on February 28, 2018 4:38PM

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal blast would be a perfect candidact for a stam morph, less damage, no cast time, a gimmick extra effect like minor breach so its nice for group support or whatever.

But Wrobel seems to disagree
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    But hey, ZOS has to take the stun off of the crystal frags morph to trick people into using this garbage skill.

Still garbage. Eat it Wrobel.

Easy fix though, nerf Crystal Frags until Blast is good.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 28, 2018 6:19PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -