Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Bound aegis and bound armaments buff

Lord_Invel
Lord_Invel
✭✭✭
So basically this is a thread asking for a slight buff to mag sorc. I think it would be super cool if bound aegis was able to give you the 8 percent max magicka across the board while being slotted on one bar only. For example if I activate bound aegis on my overload bar and its only slotted on that bar I still get the 8 percent max magicka on all other bars as well without having bound slotted on my destro, resto bars. All other abilities that used to be double barred became toggled abilities except for the sorc class. This would give sorcs a lot more utility. But overall I think making bound aegis give active 8 percent max magicka while I activate it on any bar, I think would be super beneficial and unique.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed that since its a summoned ability like the sorc pets, it has to be double barred.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed that since its a summoned ability like the sorc pets, it has to be double barred.

yeah but it would be nice if we didn't have to slot it on all bars to have the effect. It would make stam sorc stronger too and stam sorc is struggling a bit. Its not that good of a stam class compared to the others.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    it would be cool if it had like a 30 to 35 second timer on it like power surge does
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    So basically this is a thread asking for a slight buff to mag sorc. I think it would be super cool if bound aegis was able to give you the 8 percent max magicka across the board while being slotted on one bar only. For example if I activate bound aegis on my overload bar and its only slotted on that bar I still get the 8 percent max magicka on all other bars as well without having bound slotted on my destro, resto bars. All other abilities that used to be double barred became toggled abilities except for the sorc class. This would give sorcs a lot more utility. But overall I think making bound aegis give active 8 percent max magicka while I activate it on any bar, I think would be super beneficial and unique.

Lol they just patched this “feature” today if you read the patch notes.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭

Lol they just patched this “feature” today if you read the patch notes.

what do you mean ? sorry I must have missed something lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Patch notes: Bound Armor: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could become stuck on your character.

If I recall correctly, that was a bug where you could swap out the Bound armor skills and still keep the armor, but that might be an old bug I'm thinking of.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    From the Patch notes: Bound Armor: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could become stuck on your character.

If I recall correctly, that was a bug where you could swap out the Bound armor skills and still keep the armor, but that might be an old bug I'm thinking of.

well it would be nice if at least instead of equipping bound on all three bars zos can make it to where equipping it on one bar gives 8 percent max magicka on all bars as long as the buff is active.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that's meant to be the trade-off. Warden has to double slot Northern Storm to get the 8% magicka on both bars too,

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that's meant to be the trade-off. Warden has to double slot Northern Storm to get the 8% magicka on both bars too,

It’s not about both bars. It’s about having to activate it again each bar swap if you want to have it on one bar only. The fun thing is NBs have the same 8% Max Magicka as a passive. Simply for slotting any Siphoner skill.

Edited by Feanor on February 27, 2018 11:51AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would give magsorc more burst but make that burst also avoidable. The class itself is tanky enough, there's no need for more shield strength. What the class needs is more killing potential, right now you will have a hard time to kill any decent player who doesn't suicide into mines (unless you play cheesy petbuilds).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

It’s not about both bars. It’s about having to activate it again each bar swap if you want to have it on one bar only. The fun thing is NBs have the same 8% Max Magicka as a passive. Simply for slotting any Siphoner skill.

NB also doesn't get a class shield to stack with Annulment, so it's a trade off between multiple shields (or in the case of warden, Living Trellis) or a single shield with a higher magicka pool.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree, but it's refreshing seeing a "buff sorc" tread in a lake of "nerf sorc" ones :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO
    NO, NO
    I run those abilities on my stamsorc and they are good the way they are
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be epic, asked for many times. No response :( other classes have ways to get the boost without wasting 3 skill slots.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Would be epic, asked for many times. No response :( other classes have ways to get the boost without wasting 3 skill slots.

Well, make that 2 skill slots, because no other class has a third skill bar through an ultimate...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be fine if you could one bar it - but you have to activate it every time with a magica cost so it´s a lot worse than wardens northern storm or NB siphoning passive in that regard.

I´d rather see an active effect addet to bound armor than making it a pure buff skill.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

NO
    NO, NO

lmao why is it NO NO NO . If anything you will become stronger if you only have to slot it on one bar to get the full buff. That would give you 2 other free skill slots for more utility and generally becoming stronger.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be onboard for it being passive like Inner Light, so it could be on front bar only, without having to activate it every bar swap (like Northern storm).

I would also support your idea of giving it a timer after cast do it could be slotted on back bar only. I think the duration you recommend is far too short though. The 8% max Magicka translates to roughly 3-4% DPS gain while active. This means that if you activate it every 25-33s (giving up 1/25 or 1/33 of your global cool downs) it is DPS neutral, and nobody wants to use a skill bar slot for something DPS neutral.

A one minute timer would be the minimum to be effective, resulting in approximately 2% net DPS increase from Bound Aegis. I would not even be opposed to a longer timer, since even infinite duration would only be a 3-4% DPS gain for anyone not currently using bound aegis (or one freed up skill slot for anyone that is using it already). A 2 minute duration (like meritorious service) might be a decent compromise.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on February 28, 2018 3:54AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

NO
    NO, NO

lmao why is it NO NO NO . If anything you will become stronger if you only have to slot it on one bar to get the full buff. That would give you 2 other free skill slots for more utility and generally becoming stronger.

Its an awkward one for stamsorcs.. On its own, the ability really isn't worth it - but its the only summoning to give any kind of benefit to stamsorc - and therefore the only source of the stam/health recov passive. So if used it would still kind of be needed on both bars (but what stamsorc build can spare the space for what it does?)
    I think that passive needs a re-work.. It's like.. 'Here's a great passive that's fantastic for stam builds, but pretty useless for mag builds.. but only mag builds can really get access to it'..!
    Edited by Biro123 on February 28, 2018 9:49AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.