The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO - Is Multiboxing allowed?

kypranb14_ESO
kypranb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if I bought multiple copies of ESO, and wanted to play them at the same time via multiboxing, is that ok? Is it against the rules anywhere?

@ZOS_GinaBruno If you're not too busy, mind helping me out here?
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots seem to be multiboxing as well from quite a long time.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As @Turelus pointed out it isn't allowed. And I personally think for good reasons.
    That it is never the less done has more to do with ZOS not doing enough against it.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, didn't think to check the knowledge base.

What if I, instead of using hardware or software, simply used a gaming mouse in my left hand for account 1, and a second gaming mouse a my right hand for account 2?

Would be extremely difficult at first, but I think I could manage to achieve 15-20K DPS like this.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What if I, instead of using hardware or software, simply used a gaming mouse in my left hand for account 1, and a second gaming mouse a my right hand for account 2?

Would be extremely difficult at first, but I think I could manage to achieve 15-20K DPS like this.

Or you can play just one character and manage 30-40K and not waste a group slot :)

Also the game is pretty demanding, hardware wise, so if you multi-box, some content that's marginally playable, like veteran trials, will become downright unplayable, with freezes, crashes and generally single digit FPS.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think when I spoke with Jess in the past about it she said they pretty much didn't want any situation where one player was playing two characters at once for benefits. Now if you're using multiple machines you're not using software but it's still not something they want.

I have known people who run two accounts and use one as a banking alt but never known anyone use them in combat.

There was a long debate about it in the past here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/344820/zoss-stance-on-dual-boxing

Otherwise I can't give you anything official, the ToS and what I know from speaking with Jess is ZOS wants no players sharing accounts or one player playing multiple accounts at the same time. However as stated above in my post and one of the other replies it does happen, just those people risk penalties if ZOS noticed and wanted to take action.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Or you can play just one character and manage 30-40K and not waste a group slot :)

Also the game is pretty demanding, hardware wise, so if you multi-box, some content that's marginally playable, like veteran trials, will become downright unplayable, with freezes, crashes and generally single digit FPS.

I won't be multi-boxing, as I am a goody 2-shoes as far as following the rules go. I don't want to give anyone a reason to ban my account, temporary or otherwise.

I just think it would be fun to play multiple accounts, if i wanted efficiency I'd attempt at dealing with the elitists and stop carrying pugs. lol