The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stop whining.

  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Seems like you like complaining about them tho

    better get the last word in, you might freak out if you dont
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Seems like you like complaining about them tho

    better get the last word in, you might freak out if you dont

    Nah, I won't. But you do realize you're just continuously bumping this thread up each time you respond to something you think is beneath you, right? Seems like you'd want it to die as quickly as possible rather then giving it steam.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    iv been in one forums tonight with the same person whining. because someone whined to them in the game, and they somehow thought we cared.

    protip: dont whine about whining. 2 bg is nothing.
    aliyavana wrote: »
    your whining bout whining

    Case in point.

    And your posts qualify as whining about whining as you also whine. Point being?

    That talking to PVP players is pointless because they will make a concious effort to take anything said in any matter as hostile, just like your doing now?

    That any attempt at communication will be taken as 'whining' and thus will give people license to harass people up until they quit, or worse?

    That helping the PVP audience or making games for them isn't worth the profit due to the fact it means working around this mentality?

    Threads like this, the mentality like this, is why PVP based MMO's and games are doomed. You people are your activities own worst enemy.

    i don't see why you're perceiving this as a PvP thing. there are threads like this about someone self-important expressing dissatisfation with their luck and the resulting hardship from the Group Finder; same forum, multiple times per day.

    i found this one having a different setting quite refreshing, to be honest.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    iv been in one forums tonight with the same person whining. because someone whined to them in the game, and they somehow thought we cared.

    protip: dont whine about whining. 2 bg is nothing.
    aliyavana wrote: »
    your whining bout whining

    Case in point.

    And your posts qualify as whining about whining as you also whine. Point being?

    That talking to PVP players is pointless because they will make a concious effort to take anything said in any matter as hostile, just like your doing now?

    That any attempt at communication will be taken as 'whining' and thus will give people license to harass people up until they quit, or worse?

    That helping the PVP audience or making games for them isn't worth the profit due to the fact it means working around this mentality?

    Threads like this, the mentality like this, is why PVP based MMO's and games are doomed. You people are your activities own worst enemy.

    Again there is a difference between talking constructively and talking toxically. The hostile person here isn't me, it's you for basically going "it's doomed!" When that's not the case at all.

    IF the person I mentioned had been constructive instead of a jerk the thread wouldn't exist. if people could learn some civility for online time, everyone would be happier.

    I dont think the man could have responded in a manner which you would consider constructive. Now your just falling into the foretold habit: You must be silent or you must leave.

    Enjoy the doomed world you continue to create.

    And for the record, I'd like very much for this thread to die. It's predicated on a practice no game community needs and those who perpetuate it, do lasting harm to whatever they try to mindlessly protect through censorship.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 27, 2018 3:17AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    iv been in one forums tonight with the same person whining. because someone whined to them in the game, and they somehow thought we cared.

    protip: dont whine about whining. 2 bg is nothing.
    aliyavana wrote: »
    your whining bout whining

    Case in point.

    And your posts qualify as whining about whining as you also whine. Point being?

    That talking to PVP players is pointless because they will make a concious effort to take anything said in any matter as hostile, just like your doing now?

    That any attempt at communication will be taken as 'whining' and thus will give people license to harass people up until they quit, or worse?

    That helping the PVP audience or making games for them isn't worth the profit due to the fact it means working around this mentality?

    Threads like this, the mentality like this, is why PVP based MMO's and games are doomed. You people are your activities own worst enemy.

    i don't see why you're perceiving this as a PvP thing. there are threads like this about someone self-important expressing dissatisfation with their luck and the resulting hardship from the Group Finder; same forum, multiple times per day.

    i found this one having a different setting quite refreshing, to be honest.

    It's true it isn't souly a PVP thing, but it does have much worse of a effect on PVP balance and seting.

    When the devs cant correctly identify what meaningfull feedback exists, or meaningfull feedback is silenced by the community itself, it can wreak absolute havok on a PVP game.

    We're witnessing that with For Honor. The game was so defensive for the longest time, and various changes have no changed the dominant strategy to unrelenting offense, which is about as fun as defensive. Which is to say, not very. Anyone critisizing these changes are quickly lept on.

    Y'see it happen time and again, and while it does have a worse effect on PVP, trying to shut people up is idiotic period. It only harms whatever is being discussed. I just see it alot more in a PVP setting, where any criticism of the mechanics itself is constrewed as 'whining' even if it's not out of emotion.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 27, 2018 3:15AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, a serious conversation about how complaining about complaining leads to community censorship of game feedback when this all about some guy wanting a higher score than his supposedly bad teammates in a PUG Battleground, when its pretty plain that he'd had gotten a better score if he'd focused on the objectives of the match instead of just killing.

    I want more deathmatches - valid feedback
    I think kills should have a higher point value even in non-deathmatch modes - valid feedback
    I didn't get the score I want because I didn't follow the objectives in a non-deathmatch mode and my teammates suck - that's not really valid feedback, actually its pretty LOL worthy
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    It's not about shutting people up, it's about not being a jerk when the real problem isn't other people but ones-self. Just because they weren't happy didn't mean they needed to repeatedly go off on their PUG group members because they weren't getting the rank they wanted.

    You don't always win, take it with grace
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    iv been in one forums tonight with the same person whining. because someone whined to them in the game, and they somehow thought we cared.

    protip: dont whine about whining. 2 bg is nothing.
    aliyavana wrote: »
    your whining bout whining

    Case in point.

    And your posts qualify as whining about whining as you also whine. Point being?

    That talking to PVP players is pointless because they will make a concious effort to take anything said in any matter as hostile, just like your doing now?

    That any attempt at communication will be taken as 'whining' and thus will give people license to harass people up until they quit, or worse?

    That helping the PVP audience or making games for them isn't worth the profit due to the fact it means working around this mentality?

    Threads like this, the mentality like this, is why PVP based MMO's and games are doomed. You people are your activities own worst enemy.

    Again there is a difference between talking constructively and talking toxically. The hostile person here isn't me, it's you for basically going "it's doomed!" When that's not the case at all.

    IF the person I mentioned had been constructive instead of a jerk the thread wouldn't exist. if people could learn some civility for online time, everyone would be happier.

    I dont think the man could have responded in a manner which you would consider constructive. Now your just falling into the foretold habit: You must be silent or you must leave.

    Enjoy the doomed world you continue to create.

    And for the record, I'd like very much for this thread to die. It's predicated on a practice no game community needs and those who perpetuate it, do lasting harm to whatever they try to mindlessly protect through censorship.

    I'm pretty sure I'm not creating anything, but thanks for giving me so much credit.

    Doesn't seem like I'm silencing anyone, just pointing out the futility.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been my continued experience with any sort of PVP crowd that attempting to communicate on any level with people you dont know personally, is useless.

    Because it's allways dimissed as 'whining'. So the title should actually be, 'stop talking'.

    @Doctordarkspawn There is so much truth to your post, it’s actually scary. And what truly makes it terrifying is that, it holds true to every single thing that is remotely competitive. Every little remark that you make, someone will pick it apart and make something negative out of it. And or claim you are whining.

    There is extreme proof of this in a game called Overwatch. If you even remotely suggest that someone play a different hero, regardless of how nice and polite you are when making said comment. You are often called: Toxic, a whiner, or a scrub. And you’ll get told to stop complaining, or else they’ll report you for bad behavior. I kid you not. Players will actually report you for respectfully asking them to change heroes, to increase the team’s success at victory. But, because they feel like playing what they want to play (and usually they aren’t even good with that particular hero anyway), they will act that way. I have observed and experienced this more times than I can count.

    And then, I pause and look at the ESO community. And what do I see? Well the toxicity is definitely not as bad, but it’s closer to it with each month that passes by. And it can be even observed here on these very forums with how people treat each other within this community. And it’s a damn shame. I don’t know what is happening to the gaming culture, and to the numerous players who make-up these communities in which we thrive in. But, it’s taking the world of gaming by storm. And it’s getting bad. Real bad. Swatting, DOX’ing, killing, falsely reporting, slandering, etc. All over a video game. . .
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    It has been my continued experience with any sort of PVP crowd that attempting to communicate on any level with people you dont know personally, is useless.

    Because it's allways dimissed as 'whining'. So the title should actually be, 'stop talking'.

    @Doctordarkspawn There is so much truth to your post, it’s actually scary. And what truly makes it terrifying is that, it holds true to every single thing that is remotely competitive. Every little remark that you make, someone will pick it apart and make something negative out of it. And or claim you are whining.

    There is extreme proof of this in a game called Overwatch. If you even remotely suggest that someone play a different hero, regardless of how nice and polite you are when making said comment. You are often called: Toxic, a whiner, or a scrub. And you’ll get told to stop complaining, or else they’ll report you for bad behavior. I kid you not. Players will actually report you for respectfully asking them to change heroes, to increase the team’s success at victory. But, because they feel like playing what they want to play (and usually they aren’t even good with that particular hero anyway), they will act that way. I have observed and experienced this more times than I can count.

    And then, I pause and look at the ESO community. And what do I see? Well the toxicity is definitely not as bad, but it’s closer to it with each month that passes by. And it can be even observed here on these very forums with how people treat each other within this community. And it’s a damn shame. I don’t know what is happening to the gaming culture, and to the numerous players who make-up these communities in which we thrive in. But, it’s taking the world of gaming by storm. And it’s getting bad. Real bad. Swatting, DOX’ing, killing, falsely reporting, slandering, etc. All over a video game. . .

    The same happens with For Honor. Polite requests are met with vitriolic responses. I once asked someone to be more mindfull of their positioning because I couldn't get through them to the enemy team. The response? Shut up, filthy casual.

    It does not matter what you say. The fact you spoke, is a sin.

    And those who try to deny this exists are typically the worst of the worst. It is scary. But it's very true.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    goodthingshappenwhenthetimeisright.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

    That is when you hit the queue button. Of course, knowing what the time is right is not an easy feat.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    It has been my continued experience with any sort of PVP crowd that attempting to communicate on any level with people you dont know personally, is useless.

    Because it's allways dimissed as 'whining'. So the title should actually be, 'stop talking'.

    I think there is a distinction between communicating effectively, and constructively and communicating the fact that your a jerk though. Sure there are thin skined people who will take anything negatively, and then there are people who can only express themselves toxically.

    I'm (fortunately) neither of those two.

    Yeah, there is a difference, but I dont think many people can agree on what that difference is.

    Besides. The ammount of people who take criticism constructively is lower than 1% in my experience. Everyone else responds with attempting to silence you, or sabotage you if they cant.

    1% seems low my man, turn that frown upside down. Catch you in the rift brotha!
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on February 27, 2018 6:20AM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Been in several BGs last two days because I had need to test an addon. I suck in PvE as I'm very very bad DD, I suck in PvP even more 'cause I absolutely can not PvP. Moreover, I was wearing PvE gear, I had no food buffs, I had no clue what I supposed to do at BG (it was my first BGs ever in ESO).
    And no one did whine there. They truly should have been whining, and I really deserve all bad words on earth because I was one of the worst and useless teammates ever, but they said nothing. Guess I'm lucky. :)

    So that was you, smh~ :/
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Been in several BGs last two days because I had need to test an addon. I suck in PvE as I'm very very bad DD, I suck in PvP even more 'cause I absolutely can not PvP. Moreover, I was wearing PvE gear, I had no food buffs, I had no clue what I supposed to do at BG (it was my first BGs ever in ESO).
    And no one did whine there. They truly should have been whining, and I really deserve all bad words on earth because I was one of the worst and useless teammates ever, but they said nothing. Guess I'm lucky. :)

    So that was you, smh~ :/

    The opposing teams probably reaaallly appreciated his contribution though ;D
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Been in several BGs last two days because I had need to test an addon. I suck in PvE as I'm very very bad DD, I suck in PvP even more 'cause I absolutely can not PvP. Moreover, I was wearing PvE gear, I had no food buffs, I had no clue what I supposed to do at BG (it was my first BGs ever in ESO).
    And no one did whine there. They truly should have been whining, and I really deserve all bad words on earth because I was one of the worst and useless teammates ever, but they said nothing. Guess I'm lucky. :)

    Apparently I've had a ton of people testing add-ons in my groups lately.

    I try to give constructive advice: wait for the group, don't go in there one at a time so they can 4v1 us repeatedly, x is the healer focus them first, etc. No one seems to respond though when I find myself the last one alive still beating on the healer by myself. Likely I should expand out from playing the two least mobile specs (magplar, magdk).

    I like the challenge of solo queuing but sometimes it burns you out quickly and you have to take a break from bgs.
    PC/NA

    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    Kharllotta, DC Magden, AR 43
    Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    Milthalas, AD Magblade, AR 33
    Miraliys, DC Stamden, AR 33
    Kallenna, DC Magcro, AR 30
    Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 29
    Tertiary Meat - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol

    We all know they are. I'm just wondering why you are bringing that up in a post where someone was complaining about scoring in a Battlegrounds match.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol

    We all know they are. I'm just wondering why you are bringing that up in a post where someone was complaining about scoring in a Battlegrounds match.

    "thatsbait.jpg."


    The only way to win is to not play. Just sit back and enjoy the show.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Former PS4-NA
    Current PC-NA
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol

    We all know they are. I'm just wondering why you are bringing that up in a post where someone was complaining about scoring in a Battlegrounds match.

    "thatsbait.jpg."


    The only way to win is to not play. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

    hqdefault.jpg

    Or maybe you're too young to know what movie that's from! :p
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol

    We all know they are. I'm just wondering why you are bringing that up in a post where someone was complaining about scoring in a Battlegrounds match.

    Maybe because of the post within the thread indicating blatant bias towards pvp, don’t be a smart ass you see the post just like I do. Then he tries to act as if mmos are tailored towards pvp like most aren’t pve driven, where the pve players are more toxic than the pvp players. Doing things such as kicking someone instantly for not having a certain gear score or not playing a certain way.

    I’m wondering why you made that silly ass statement with everything that was already in the thread that I’m clearly responding to.
  • raknorok
    raknorok
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol

    We all know they are. I'm just wondering why you are bringing that up in a post where someone was complaining about scoring in a Battlegrounds match.

    "thatsbait.jpg."


    The only way to win is to not play. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

    hqdefault.jpg

    Or maybe you're too young to know what movie that's from! :p

    WarGames, I liked Ferris Bueler better.
    Edited by raknorok on February 28, 2018 2:46AM
    the Rambunctious
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raknorok wrote: »
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »
    So youre saying pve players arent toxic too ? Lol

    We all know they are. I'm just wondering why you are bringing that up in a post where someone was complaining about scoring in a Battlegrounds match.

    "thatsbait.jpg."


    The only way to win is to not play. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

    hqdefault.jpg

    Or maybe you're too young to know what movie that's from! :p

    WarGames, I liked Ferris Bueler better.

    You got it! Great movie! It's also funny seeing how Ally Sheedy looked back then.
Sign In or Register to comment.