Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trait and enchantment for resto staff

ascan7
ascan7
✭✭✭
Hello everyone
I'm a Nightblade healer and i don't which traits and enchantment put on my resto staves (yeah, i'm trying double resto)
On the backbar i'm going with spell damage enchant and Nirnhoned trait. It's the bar where i have my "DPS" skill like Strife, Refreshing path and my Nightblade ultimate. My "healing" ability is healing ward. That's why i thought more spell damage would have been good.
On my main bar i have mostly resto staff skills or healing ones like Energy Orb and the resto ult. I don't know what to use on this bar. Maybe powered? Or is Nirnhoned still better? And which enchant?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends on yer crit... you might benefit more from precise, versus powered.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't go wrong with Powered on a Resto Staff. Sure, Crits can be nice, but under healing is not really a thing in this game as long as you use a good rotation. Although NBs have some good crit, or should anyway. So, that gives more credence to Powered as that boosts normal and crit heals.

The only reason to run Nirnhorned would be if your a Stamina Character trying to use a Resto Staff. Just so you know, your not going to be very good at healing in that combo, even with the Spell Damage boost. So, just don't.

As far as Enchantments, Absorb Magic is a good one, as Healers need good resource management. Just know that Heavy Resto Staff Attacks restore a big chunk of magic, at least on my Templar. So, weaving those in between heals may make the Absorb Magic superfluous. Speaking of Heavy Attacks, not sure myself when the Enchant Procs, at the beginning or the end of the HA?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused with a power enchant.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't nightblade usually mix it with dps/healing. I am going then say precise in this case.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    My spell crit is 32%... do you advise precise on both staff?
    Powered seems to increase the healing tooltips just by a little compared to Nirnhoned. In some case, Nirnhoned has higher tooltips too.
    Or powered effect isn't showed by tooltips?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with my resto - powered trait and return magicka enchantment. (Lightning staff on my healer's other bar.)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    My spell crit is 32%... do you advise precise on both staff?
    Powered seems to increase the healing tooltips just by a little compared to Nirnhoned. In some case, Nirnhoned has higher tooltips too.
    Or powered effect isn't showed by tooltips?

Nirn is below powered in most cases but might work. Can't say for sure, but recall it being had to have super low spell damage for be more effective then powered. I say precise because you can have best of two world's, dps and damage.