The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need some advice on Nightblade Healer

Zymcio
Zymcio
✭✭✭
Hello,

my current setup is:

1. GEAR

Mother Sorrow and Seducer sets + random restro staff (5/1/1 - Light/Medium/Heavy)

Are they good for heal and what monster 1 piece will be the best for me ?

All are Divine/Max Magic and jewelery are magic recovery/Max magic plus weapon is flame damage with Infused

2. SKILLS

I am using only one bar

free slot (currently Mutagen)/Inner Light/Sap Essence/Funnel Health/Refreshing Path/Ultimate Veil of Blades

I am not sure about skills but normal dungeons no problem. dont know if i can handel for vet dungeons.

Btw i have some problems with world boss on the maps for solo killing... It can be a problem with build ?

3. Race/Class

Dark Elf/Nightblade

Summary: What i need to change in my build to be better?

Best Answer

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zymcio wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    "restro staff"

Resto?
    Destro?
    Both?
    I'm so confused.

Ohh missclick i mean Resto btw ppl i found something like this:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGy4Z-ZO90
    or
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6w-9IWrAtg

Then the best gear would be SPC and Worm with 1-pieces of monster set ?

Those builds, please no! Honestly ignore builds that run sets or traits that increase healing altogether, it's absolutely unnecessary and massively takes away from your support potential. If you wan't to be a DPS/Healer hybrid thing go with sets that increase damage, but appart from that run support sets, skills, enchants and traits.

For a NB-Healer I would run...
    - Sets: Spell Power Cure and Jorvulds Guidance, you can farm both sets on normal so they are really easy to get.
    - Traits: Big pieces infused, rest divine, restro staff decisive (shock enchant), lightning staff infused (weakening enchant) Don't bother too much with perfect traits in the beginning, they are really not that important on a healer.
    - Enchants: Use as much magicka enchants as possible, however don't be afraid to run a bit more health if needed. Use only magicka regen on jewellery on the beginning as it makes your build very forgiving and you don't have to worry about resource management, you can always switch to spelldamage later.
    - Mundus: Atronarch
    - Essential skills: Combatprayer, Elemental Drain, Aggressive Signal, Necrotic Orbs, Lightning Blockade, Refreshing Path, Siphoning Attacks. For the rest of your skills just run whatever you find most comfortable to heal with.

The rest doesn't really matter and you can basically do whatever you like, however those are kind of the essentials for every good healer build.

Another tip I want to give you is that healer builds are very similar across all classes. As NBs are not very popular for healing you won't find much information, however you can simply look up guides for other classes and a lot of stuff in them will work the same for you.

On the subject of Worm: This is a set that is/was used a lot and you often saw it in progress trial groups as well, however this does not mean that it is a must have, in fact it is very situational and was used for two main reasons:
    1. You don't have a better offensive buffset to replace it and don't need another defensive one either.
    2. You have a lot of magicka-DDs and they struggle with sustain due to mechanics, lacking support, etc.
    First of all those reasons currently basically never apply and secondly we have better offensive setups now. So Worm is basically not used any more.
    Another thing to note about Worm is that it has a rather weak effect, however this effect goes to twelve people, so it can scale well in trialgroups with many magicka-DDs. But this does not work for dungeons as you only have four people and often only one or even no magicka-DD. So Worm actually never was a good choice for dungeons anyway and was often only used because people didn't have access to the better trialsets. With Dragon Bones however we have a new very strong set for healers that does drop from dungeons as well, and that is Jorvulds Guildance. This set is just amazing and also very good for new players as it makes your sustain and rotation easier by making skills last longer and does not require any special positioning or actions to be useful.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Answer ✓
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Why the hell do you only use one bar?
    2. The role of a healer in ESO includes supporting the group with resources and buffs. This means running sets and skills that do exactly that.
    3. A healer build is logically not made for solo play. If you still wan't to do solo stuff make a secondary build for it.

In summary everything is wrong with your build and if you want to improve completely scrap it, inform yourself and start a proper build.
    Edited by FakeFox on February 26, 2018 11:06AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:
    • Using only 1 bar is weird.
    • Using a pure healing build to do anything but heal a group is weird.
    • It is reasonable to have 1 bar that is basically for healing, with a resto staff, and one that does good damage, probably with a destruction staff.
    • 5/1/1 is only an optimal choice if you have ranks in the Undaunted Mettle passive. But it's also a common sub-optimal choice to help with leveling the medium and heavy armor skill lines.
    • Mutagen/Rapid Regeneration is a crucial skill for healing 4-person dungeon groups.
    • Funnel Health and Refreshing Path are great skills to take (if you're not using those, why heal on a nightblade?).
    • I think Healing Ward is another crucial skill. I actually use it even on classes that have good burst heals. I certainly favor it on a nightblade.
    • Taking Soul Tether or Light's Champion is a good way to feel (rightly) more comfortable with your healing possibilities.
    • Take Elemental Drain and Elemental Blockade on your destruction staff.
    • It's traditional to use a lightning staff rather than a fire/inferno one. I do that on my dark elf nightblade healer. However, I wonder whether inferno would be correct.
    • Siphoning Attacks is a good skill to take.
    • Combat Prayer is a good skill to take, even if it's not quite as great and mandatory in a 4-person group as some suggest.
    • Healing Springs is not required in a group of 4. But when I take it I usually wind up using it at times.
    • If you want to use the same build for healing groups and soloing, Funnel Health/Refreshing Path/Elemental Blockade are probably enough for damage. That said, you'll do better if you add other damage-boosting skills too, such as Merciless Resolve.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really would suggest SPC and Worm, cause currently you're only supporting yourself, not your group.
    Start running orbs so you can offer resource return, also combat prayer. Definitely run combat prayer as it will further support your group with buffs.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then i need to change items for SPC and Worm? (It will support more team/group)
    Some thoughts:
    • Using a pure healing build to do anything but heal a group is weird.

Yea true it will be not my play style :D Well i want to be a good healer (maybe not the best) for some random vet dungeons.

I like this skills from nightblade cuz i can heal and do some dmg. Then 7/0/0 is better then 5/1/1 gear setup ?

Then 1 bar for pure healing stuff and second bar for mix heal/dmg skills will be ok ?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly wouldn't use Worm, its barely ever needed. I would go for Jorvulds Guidance instead.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we're making recommendations to somebody who could easily farm Spell Power Cure, let alone Jorvuld's Guidance.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think we're making recommendations to somebody who could easily farm Spell Power Cure, let alone Jorvuld's Guidance.

You can farm both on normal. Everyone can get them.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "restro staff"

Resto?
    Destro?
    Both?
    I'm so confused.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    "restro staff"

Resto?
    Destro?
    Both?
    I'm so confused.

Ohh missclick i mean Resto btw ppl i found something like this:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGy4Z-ZO90
    or
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6w-9IWrAtg

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zymcio wrote: »
    "restro staff"

Resto?
    Destro?
    Both?
    I'm so confused.

yep, in some cases, as NB healer you can use lightspeaker instead of the worm, pledges, small grps
    and if you really want to go for a GOOD NB-Healer you go with this guide:
    https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/lives-the-night-force-nightblade-healer-build/

the one pc monster, earthgore or trollking will do, you skip as soon as you have your maelstrom restro!

good luck!
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

Those builds, please no! Honestly ignore builds that run sets or traits that increase healing altogether, it's absolutely unnecessary and massively takes away from your support potential. If you wan't to be a DPS/Healer hybrid thing go with sets that increase damage, but appart from that run support sets, skills, enchants and traits.

For a NB-Healer I would run...

Thx mate for good information and explain :)

• ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    If your objective is veteran PUGs, some meta choices like Worm Cult won't be as effective.

On my Nightblade i run 5 SPC on the main bar and 5 Kagrenac's hope. They aren't bad at all.
    I don't have both active because i also have 2 piece Chokethorn. It's not BIS but i like it and sometimes is very helpful. Other monster sets or malestrom/master/asylum weapons can work too.
    I'm currently working on the abilities, but i use Strife and Impale to have some damage added to my healing capabilities.