Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NEW CLASS - Tomb Keeper (Alpha 1.7c)

ben_roprim
Tomb Keeper - Elder Scrolls Online - Class

Possible Roles: DPS, Tank, Healer

Skill Trees: Spirit Caller, Frigid Soul, Blackened Heart

m1b6e0xxy4h8.jpg

" Life is so fragile, and so meek.

It can bend with a single word spoken; an utter.
It can shatter with a single pierce; the smallest.
It can kneel to the weakest of sick; a drop.

"But what of you?", asked the feeble man. The answer was simple.

I take life, not live it. "

jap4yl9clraa.jpg

SPIRIT CALLER:

1) Call Raging Spirits - Call 4 Raging Spirits from the Immortal Plains to fight for you for 15 seconds. Activating the skill a second time, will make the minions immediately swipe at their targets.
Morph 1: Call Gloom Wraiths - Now scales from Stamina. Can no longer call Raging Spirits. Instead you can call 2 Gloom Wraiths. Activating the skill a second time, will make the minions swipe at their target for 150% increased damage against targets above 50% health.
Morph 2: Call Aetherial Ghosts - Can no longer call Raging Spirits. Instead you call a group of Aetherial Ghosts from the Immortal Planes to aid you and up to 3 allies within 28 Meters for 15 seconds. The ghosts will heal whenever damage is taken.

2) Master's Command - Command all your minions to draw in power, gaining major brutality for a duration.
Morph 1: Master's Enchant - Duration is increased. Buff now effects you in addition.
Morph 2: Master's Demand - No longer gives a buff. You instead order your minions to rush at their targets, and explode for heavy magic damage in their area.

3) Grave Skin - The flesh of you and nearby allies within 20 Meters become hardened like the dead. Granting Minor Shroud, reducing damage taken from area effects by 10% for 25 seconds.
Morph 1: Mummy Skin - Enemies that strike you or your allies become cursed, taking magic damage over time.
Morph 2: Shadow Embrace - Now uses Stamina. Buff no longer affects allies. You instead gain Major Shroud, reducing damage taken by area effects by 20%.

4) Service In Death - Call to the spirit of an ally from death for 20 seconds, allowing them to continue fighting as a spirit using Light and Heavy Attacks only. When the duration expires, their spirit returns to their body. Can only call one ally at a time. (Costs 2 soul gems to cast. Does not raise corpse)
Morph 1: Emblazoned Spirit - Ally gains Major Brutality during the duration.
Morph 2: Soul Contract - Increase the Soul Gem cost to 5. If the ally kills an enemy, they are ressurected with 100% health.

5) Cry Of Anguish - You wail in anguish, and pierce the very souls of nearby targets within 8 Meters for magic damage.
Morph 1: Banshee Wail - Has a 40% chance to cause enemies to flee in terror.
Morph 2: Shattering Cry - Now scales of Stamina. Has Increased radius to 10 Meters, and Inflicts Major breach and Major Fracture for 10 seconds.

6) Ultimate: Aetherial Graveyard - Rip open a portal to the Immortal Plains for a time. During the duration, 6 Vengeful Knights will flock outward one by one and attack targets for 20 seconds. When the portal expires, the minions will return.
Morph 1: Spirit Barracks - The knights have increased Health. Activating the skill a second time will make the knights taunt their tagets to attack them for 15 seconds..
Morph 2: Unstable Portal - Activating the skill a second time will make the portal and your knights explode for heavy magic damage in a 8 Meter, and gain 2 Ultimate per enemy hit by each Knight and the Portal itself.

2qr7s6h0utvg.jpg

FRIGID SOUL:

1) Soul Fang - Pierce the soul of a target with a shard of ice, dealing cold damage.
Morph 1: Runic Tooth - Gain Empowered upon skill use.
Morph 2: Fracturing Bone - Now scales off Stamina. Pierce the flesh of a target with a shard of bone. Does 10% additional damage if the target is Poisoned.

2) Hatred's Bite - Chill the very lifeforce of victims in a targeted 10 Meter area, dealing cold damage over time for 10 seconds.
Morph 1: Hatred's Wrath - Deals 150% more damage if targets are chilled. 300% more if frozen.
Morph 2: Deathly Haze - Now scales off Stamina. Leave a chilling mist in the struck area, dealing poison damage every 1 second when enemies stand in the area. Players standing in the mist gain Major Evasion, allowing a 15% chance for attacks to miss.

3) Summon Fragile Frostling - Summon a Fragile Frostling to fight for you for 10 seconds. Activating the skill a second time, will make the minion go into a frenzy, increasing it's attack speed by 40%.
Morph 1: Summon Frostling Brood - Can now summon 2 Fragile Frostlings.
Morph 2: Summon Acidic Serpent - Now Scales off Stamina. No longer summon a Fragile Frostling. Instead, summon a Acidic Serpent. Activating the skill a second time will give you and allies within a 20 Meter radius a 15% chance to poison for 10 seconds with all skills and attacks.

4) Freeze Time - The target is frozen in time, unable to resist or break free for a duration. However the target becomes not of this plane, and resists all damage until the duration expires. Lasts 5 seconds.
Morph 1: Time Slip - No longer freeze time. Instead you travel backwards into the past, healing you for 25% of your missing health over 5 seconds.
Morph 2: Chilling Future - If used on a target casting a spell or charging an attack, it interrupts them and silences the target for 5 seconds. (Bosses are unaffected by Silence, but become interrupted.)

5) Northern Breath - Breathe cold damage in a frontal cone. If used near a Fragile Frostling, the minion releases a 5 Meter wave of additional cold damage around it.
Morph 1: Northern Force - Enemies struck become knocked back.
Morph 2: Putrid Spine - Now Scales of Stamina. You no longer breathe cold. Instead summon a large spike of bone over a targeted 8 Meter area, as it drops onto foes for heavy poison damage.

6) Ultimate: Ancient Lich Form - Take the form of an Ancient Lich, turning your light and heavy attacks into new cold-based abilities that drain Ultimate upon use. Light Attacks channel a beam of frost at a single target within 28 Meters. Heavy Attacks release a continuous vortex of cold damage in a 15 Meter area around you. Skill expires when you run out of Ultimate, or is toggled off.
Morph 1: Empowered Lich Form - Increase maximum magicka by 10% while in Lich Form.
Morph 2: Shackled Horror Form - Now scales off Stamina, Take the form of an Shackled Horror, turning your light and heavy attacks into new Poison-based abilities that drain Ultimate upon use. Light Attacks swipe at a single target for poison damage. Heavy Attacks raise a continuous pool of toxic bile in a 15 Meter area around you. Skill expires when you run out of Ultimate, or is toggled off.

416sp09ujjuu.jpg

BLACKENED HEART:

1) Summon Hunger - Skill uses Stamina. Summon a Hunger for 15 seconds that gives you Minor Leech while active. Activating the skill a second time will make the Hunger lash out at it's target, and steal health for you based on 4% of it's damage done.
Morph 1: Summon Etched Hunger - Summon a Etched Hunger instead, that gives you Minor Magicksteal in addition while active, absorbing 600 magicka on attacks.
Morph 2: Summon Unquenched Hunger - Minion now scales from Magicka. Minion no longer gives a passive. Activating the skill a second time, the minion lashes out for 100% more damage, and gives health to allies with the lowest health on each attack within 28 Meters.

2) Reaching Dead - Causes a targeted 12 Meter area to inflict a curse, giving targets standing in the area minor maim, dealing 15% less damage. Lasts for 15 seconds.
Morph 1: Befouled Grounds - Now uses Stamina. Curse inflicts major defile in addition.
Morph 2: Clutching Dark - Enemies walking into the curse will be grabbed by shadows, becoming immobilized for 5 seconds.

3) Harvesting Strike - Swing a corporeal scythe within 5 Meters, dealing magic damage to a target. After 2 swings this skill becomes Devour, dealing heavy magic damage and heals you for 10% of damage dealt.
Morph 1: Sweeping Sickle - Skill strikes faster. Hits deals 50% of the damage to surrounding targets. Skill no longer heals you.
Morph 2: Tainted Scythe - Skill now scales off Stamina and deals poison damage. Final hit becomes Sickly Strike. On top of gaining health, you also gain 3 Ultimate.

4) Boiling Agony - Curse the blood of enemies in a targeted 10 Meter area, dealing fire damage every 1 second for 10 seconds.
Morph 1: Unstable Flesh - Enemies slain while the debuff is active explode, dealing 20% of the enemies max life as fire damage.
Morph 2: Befouling Blood - Now scales off Stamina. No longer deals damage over time. Instead deals poison damage on impact, and taunts enemies in the target area.

5) Sacrificial Rite - Sacrifice of your own life to give a damage shield to you and nearby allies within 20 Meters, for 10% of your Maximum Health for 8 seconds.
Morph 1: Bolstered Veil - Gain Major Spirit on use, increasing the strength of Damage Shields by 20% for 8 seconds.
Morph 2: Sanguine Shield - Skill now uses Stamina. No longer gain a damage shield. Instead you and allies within 20 Meters gain Major Armor and Major Ward for 25 seconds. Additionally, allies effected gain 8% more healing received from you and your minions.

6) Ultimate: Blood Flows Red - You and nearby allies within 20 Meters gain Major Heroism and Major Leech, granting 5% of damage done as health, and gain 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. Lasts 12 seconds.
Morph 1: Rush of The Red - You and your allies additionally gain 150 more health, magicka, and stamina recovery.
Morph 2: Veins of Wickedness - Increase the Ultimate cost of this skill to 500. While slotted you reduce the ultimate cost of your Group's skills by 5%, except your own.

CLASS PASSIVES:

Spirit Caller:

Spirit Link - Increase Minion damage by 3%/4%/5%.
Aetherial Tune - Increase Magic damage and Healing done by 3%/4%/5%.
Moon Glow - Reduce the cost of magicka and Stamina skills by 105/150/195 points.
Beckoned Whisper- Reduce the time it takes to ressurect allies by 5%/10%/15%.
Strength in Numbers- While 2 Spirit Caller skills are slotted, 5%/10%/15% of your Spell and Weapon Damage further increases your Minions damage. Whichever is higher in value of the two resources.

Frigid Soul:

Brine Rot - Increase all cold and poison damage by 3%/4%/5%.
Frozen Hatred - Increase Minion Health by 3%/6%/10%.
Haunting Regret - Increase the duration of Chill and Poison by 15%/20%/25%.
Chilling Reach - Deal 2%/4%/6% additional damage to targets more then 20 meters away from you.
Cold World - Increase Spell and Weapon Critical Rating by 1%/2%/3% and Critical Damage by 3%/4%/5%.

Blackened Heart:

Ever Thirsty - Increase healing received by 2%/4%/6%
Coagulation - Every time an enemy hits you, gain 50/100/150 more Armor Rating and Spell Resist for 5 seconds, up to a total of 15 stacks.
Refreshing Blood - Increase the chance to gain 1 extra ultimate on skills by 5%/10%/15%
Red Commander - All minions have a 3%/7%/10% chance to steal health and give it to you. (This also includes minions from Gear Sets)
Spilling Goblet - When you receive a heal, you have a 5%/10%/15% chance to copy that heal and give it to a nearby ally with the lowest Health within 20 Meters of you.

__

"Q & A" SECTION:

Q: Why are different skills types scattered among the Trees?

A: This allows for diversity, and encourages exploration of the 3 trees. All 3 trees will have something that will be useful to you and the build you want. The passives will also play a much bigger role then just being small boons. You may find skill and passive combinations that will be surprisingly effective to how you wish to play it.

Q: Why use Major Brutality only as a damage buff in this class?

A: Major Brutality is a "Universal" buff, that increases both magic and stamina based skills. With this in mind, this will make Minor Buffs from other Class Skills very valuable to the Tomb Keeper. Such as: Using ____ on skill use will give Minor Sorcery to allies for 20 seconds. This Minor buff will be synergized with Brutality, since it's Universal and cannot be overwritten by other Majors and Minors. So you will be achieving 25% + 8% more damage if playing with allies who have and use those class skills.

Q: This is a lot of minions, why so many?

A: I feel this game lacks heavily in the Conjuration School. Not to say bad things about the Sorc, but their minions are very weak, very few, and feel like they were not thought out well enough. An immobile Storm Atronach was also quite distasteful. With the Tomb Keeper, it focuses heavily in minion usage to deal all kinds of effects, while you yourself deal heavy damage or use them to assist you in Tanking and Healing. All the minions will feel they have genuine purpose, and at the same will still deal significant damage instead of a frugal amount.

___

Questions, comments, and feedback are heavily appreciated. Questions and Concerns will be answered as soon as I can.

{NOTES: All values and variables are not finalized. Changes are prone to be made over the coarse of development, based on ESO's own changes, updates, dlc, and more. Please keep this in mind when reviewing the material presented in this Alpha.)

( CREDITS: I do not claim to own the images that were used to create this post. Images were used in Google, and edits made in Manga Studio. All copyrights (c) are owned by their respective games, books, artists, etc)
Edited by ben_roprim on February 27, 2018 4:50PM
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs a necromancer kind of class.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • ben_roprim
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    This game needs a necromancer kind of class.

Indeed.

However, Necromancy is banned by the Mages Guild.

The only exceptions to this rule, are magic involving Daedra and Corporeal Spirits; like how the Dark Elves do.

This class reflects that rule giving a "Necromancer" feeling, but still following the rules of the Mages Guild and it's Lore.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, another magicka based class!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is datamined, I assume? Or is it an incredibly detailed proposal?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ben_roprim

It's a proposal, that I created myself in detail over several months.
    Edited by ben_roprim on February 27, 2018 11:53AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ben_roprim wrote: »

It's a proposal, that I created myself in detail.
    Very impressive!

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ben_roprim
    Very impressive!

Thank you kindly.

As I mentioned, changes can happen. Stay tuned!
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basicly looks pretty good in my opinion, but there are some things I would criticise or that would have to be improved imo.

1 - Got the feeling that too many of the abilities are about mainly dealing damage, but too few for plain buffs like major ward and so on. These might be not so cool, but every class should have the resistance buffs and some others.
    Maybe change a dot to an armor buff that also deals some damage aside the buff (like the dk buff where you can choose between a small extra dot or more survivability).

2 - Three permanent pets might be a bit too much for how they work in eso. With 3 of your 5 skills per bar set in stone by them (should you use all at the same time) would be something I definetely wouldnt enjoy playing if it was the only way to reach 35+ numbers for example.

3 - "Scathing Rot - Increase the chance of taunting a target with Non-Taunting skills by 15%/25%/35%."
    You cant leave that passive like that. The idea might be cool when having a tank in mind, but you must think of all the thousands of casuals who will use this passive without knowing and ruining basicly every random dungeon by running in circles with the enemies and wondering why they keep dying. (The imagination of this passive ingame terrorises me. I detest people running in circles with the boss.)

And dont forget that ZOS basicly wants every class to be viable as healer, tank or dd. Your proposal looks like a class that is meant to be played as mag dd. Additionally, Staminamina eh eh waka waka ehhh eh. Think of them too.
    Edited by GaunterODim on February 27, 2018 12:51PM
  • ben_roprim
    Basicly looks pretty good in my opinion, but there are some things I would criticise or that would have to be improved imo.

Thank you very much for the detailed examples and opinions.

I take all criticism seriously in the development of this new class.

As I will be working on new changes in the next build.

I will keep your notions in mind.
    Edited by ben_roprim on February 27, 2018 12:55PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent ideas. The class you made is actually better thought-out than the warden was.
    However, Necromancy is banned by the Mages Guild.
    No it's not.
    After you complete the Mages Guild questline, there's an orc woman in Eyevea who summons flesh atronachs while other students watch. One even takes notes. She also summons daedra. Everyone else in Eyevea seems fine with her doing this.
    40368108471_96757f22dd_c.jpg

• ben_roprim
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Excellent ideas. The class you made is actually better thought-out than the warden was.

After you complete the Mages Guild questline, there's an orc woman in Eyevea who summons flesh atronachs while other students watch. One even takes notes. She also summons daedra. Everyone else in Eyevea seems fine with her doing this.

Such sacrilege! May she be hanged by her big toe for delving into such abominable magic!

And, thank you for the comment and information. Was very kind of you!
    Edited by ben_roprim on February 27, 2018 1:25PM
  • ben_roprim
    I have now added a small "Q & A" Section.

This will be for frequent questions or to relay certain information that may cross people's minds.

Thank you to all who have commented and given opinions thus far.

• ben_roprim
    The "Alpha 17.c" build is now live.

- Changes were made to make the class suitable for all roles, like all the other classes are.

- All minions now have a unique ability upon activation.

- Skills can now be morphed to fit Stamina-Based Builds.
  • ben_roprim
    I forgot to add some things to the build.

Added the rest of the Stamina Based abilities, Radius Stats, and other minor changes from my notes.

Sorry about that!

That is all the changes that will be done for now.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont really like it, tbh.

I'd rather just see a necromancer guild/skill line with a few basic undead summons. Joining this skill line removes your access to mage's guild skills.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the problem already, it’s not going to be a BiS dps and the forums will be filled with people complaining about it.
  • ben_roprim
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Dont really like it, tbh.

I'd rather just see a necromancer guild/skill line with a few basic undead summons. Joining this skill line removes your access to mage's guild skills.

As much as I would as well, I feel it would break the lore of the game it's established thus far. As 3rd party Necromancer groups are disliked by the Mages Guild cause they refused to join them and regulate the Dark Art. There are reasons why Necromancers are not seen in the Mages Guild. There may be a few in there, but most Necromancers are "Chaotic Evil" then say "Chaotic Good". So a Tree branching in Necromancy from the Mages Guild or any guild for that matter, wouldn't seem flavorful for the Time Line this game take's place in the Elder Scrolls Universe. At least, in my opinion.

Vapirko wrote: »
    I see the problem already, it’s not going to be a BiS dps and the forums will be filled with people complaining about it.

I am not sure what BiS is, so you'll have to forgive me.

As for complaints, there was 2; including yours. Reception has been very well so far. And as I said, changes are to be expected. This isn't a project I plan to rush.
    Edited by ben_roprim on March 2, 2018 4:23PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

Mag based ? Theres a butt ton of stam morphs
  • ben_roprim
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Azurya wrote: »

Mag based ? Theres a butt ton of stam morphs

Well, the base of the class is magicka.
    But, can be Stamina based when morphed. Just like the NB and DK are magicka based from the start. That is what she meant by Magicka Base Class.
    Edited by ben_roprim on March 2, 2018 4:33PM
  • ben_roprim
    I heard ESO is coming out with a necromancer class.

Highly doubt it will be as flexable as my creation.

I feel ESO is lacking in the flexability department, it's what killed the game for me and why I don't play anymore.

I really hope that they take the skills seriously (probably not, sadly), so it genuinely feels necromatic.

In that regard, I feel bad if it's not up to snuff when people buy it from the dlc.

They'll be getting another slinkish tree, that's a watered down version of my necromancer class.
    Edited by ben_roprim on January 26, 2019 10:59PM
  • ben_roprim
    Wow, Zenimax.

Take my class and not even credit me.

You even took my Scythe Skill idea.

Where are my royalties? lol
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Zenimax.

Take my class and not even credit me.

You even took my Scythe Skill idea.

Where are my royalties? lol

Very little is even similar. I can only assume Soul Fang is what suggest is the same as Scythe yet it is nothing like it. Had to go through the list twice to figure that is what you are thinking. In the end I think you are seeing things and suggest not wasting time on an attorney.
  • ben_roprim
    idk wrote: »
    Very little is even similar. I can only assume Soul Fang is what suggest is the same as Scythe yet it is nothing like it. Had to go through the list twice to figure that is what you are thinking. In the end I think you are seeing things and suggest not wasting time on an attorney.

As if taking things seriously, lol.

Look more and I made a Scythe Skill above called "Harvesting Strike, Sickly Sickle, Tainted Scythe"

Attorney? Nah mate, just enjoying the trash class they made based off my creation.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As if taking things seriously, lol.

Look more and I made a Scythe Skill above called "Harvesting Strike, Sickly Sickle, Tainted Scythe"

Attorney? Nah mate, just enjoying the trash class they made based off my creation.

It seems more that you are the one taking things a little seriously by still suggesting it was based off your "creation", a suggestion that got such little interest when it was posted a year ago.
  • ben_roprim
    It seems more that you are the one taking things a little seriously by still suggesting it was based off your "creation", a suggestion that got such little interest when it was posted a year ago.

Nope, not serious. No rage here :) I only shed 1 tear, I promise.

Clearly there was interest though, since Zenimax themselves made it.