Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stop whining.

Velvelya
Velvelya
✭✭✭
Been in two bgs tonight, with the same person who keeps crying because 1. They didn't rank top despite killing more and 2. "Everyone sucked" but them, despite the fact that they were dying the same amount as everyone else.

Protip: if you want a pro group, don't Pug anything. No one wants to hear you qq at them.

Apparently putting them on Ignore does not save me from their company. Sad times.
Edited by Velvelya on February 26, 2018 11:42PM
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been in several BGs last two days because I had need to test an addon. I suck in PvE as I'm very very bad DD, I suck in PvP even more 'cause I absolutely can not PvP. Moreover, I was wearing PvE gear, I had no food buffs, I had no clue what I supposed to do at BG (it was my first BGs ever in ESO).
    And no one did whine there. They truly should have been whining, and I really deserve all bad words on earth because I was one of the worst and useless teammates ever, but they said nothing. Guess I'm lucky. :)
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I thought the title was for everyone on the forums badum tssss
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Had a guy the other night join a random group with some people I had been doing Veteran dungeons with whom I also randomly met. He comes into the group (Tank) stands there for about 3-5 min. Then Runs into a room pulls all the mobs and then pulls mobs in the 2nd and half the 3rd room. He then starts yelling at everyone that they are not ready for Veteran.

Lol we were doing just fine until this guy, then starts swearing at all of us saying we pulled the mobs which was ridiculous. Even if you had the best of the best playing on vet pulling 3 rooms is a ridiculous amount of mobs that cant be dealt with, Especially when we didnt know he was doing initially, no word just ran past us.

Glad we had lead, he then starts QQing about how we are all children and how I only use uppercut lol, its called reverse slash which I use on bigger enemies after 50% down; Plus I was switching from bow to 2h depending on circumstance, anyhow within 2 seconds we kicked him. Told him in /w that Next time come into a group with a better attitude, don't lie and pull as many rooms as possible then cry about it and blame others; Perhaps make your own group if you can ever find friends with that bad attitude. Put him on ignore. Some people are just nuts in this game. I feel ya.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually don’t whine at my group when pugging in BGs

But there are two things that do make me whine;

1. When a random teammate tries to 1v4 a group by himself instead of waiting. Sometimes if they’re mobile this is ok, but it’s almost always someone terrible. It’s like they’re intentionally trying to be mindless trash-mobs in FPS games that attack one at a time and it really bugs me.

If someone keeps doing this I’ll say “PLAYER YOUR 1vX CREDENTIALS HAVE BEEN REVOKED, DO NOT LEAVE BASE WITHOUT A CHAPERONE”

2. A Stam dps that doesn’t cast vigor on others. If you have vigor and do not heal for at least 50k on the leaderboard by the end of the match, you are a trash player and do not deserve to be able to queue for group combat anymore. My messages for this can be quite mean, but they also work and I like to think I’m making the world a better place by teaching people that *gasp* vigors stack.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just saying, it's fine to be frustrated, and certainly when people aren't following directives and instead are doing their own thing it's annoying, but you can't expect perfection from a bunch of randoms much less NONVET randoms. The most complaints I make in a BG are "constructive" as in "this is a flag cap match not a death match." Because people often seems to forget what theyre supposed to be doing. Telling people "they suck" when you're on the same team as them doesn't inspire them to do better.

2nd team up with him and I got sick of the attitude, left and put them on ignore. A place where I've only sent one other person in 4 years. Hopefully this prevented any future match ups.

Tl:Dr don't expect perfection from people you just met.
    Thogard wrote: »

2. A Stam dps that doesn’t cast vigor on others. If you have vigor and do not heal for at least 50k on the leaderboard by the end of the match, you are a trash player and do not deserve to be able to queue for group combat anymore. My messages for this can be quite mean, but they also work and I like to think I’m making the world a better place by teaching people that *gasp* vigors stack.
    Every player should have one heal slotted tbh...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    I'm just saying, it's fine to be frustrated, and certainly when people aren't following directives and instead are doing their own thing it's annoying, but you can't expect perfection from a bunch of randoms much less NONVET randoms. The most complaints I make in a BG are "constructive" as in "this is a flag cap match not a death match." Because people often seems to forget what theyre supposed to be doing. Telling people "they suck" when you're on the same team as them doesn't inspire them to do better.

2nd team up with him and I got sick of the attitude, left and put them on ignore. A place where I've only sent one other person in 4 years. Hopefully this prevented any future match ups.

Tl:Dr don't expect perfection from people you just met.

Every player should have one heal slotted tbh...

True but I find some builds are hard to include vigor to be honest. Ok most builds should have it but a few of them kind of need to remove vigor. I run it most of the time unless I try something new and am with a healer.

Anyway, not the point of the topic.

You find QQers in BG, in PVP (telling everybody but them is trash and that the campaign is doomed because DC/AD/EP is stupid), in PVE (where people just yell at others because they believe they are the dungeons master and are the best of the best, others cant tank/dps/heal)

tends to happen in all aspects of the game. I usually ignore them
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tell them "Less QQ, more pew-pew."
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, pretty much what I said the first BG, after explaining why they ranked lower then a person with less kills in a relic match, and then the 2nd time before quiting group. Some people just don't know how not be toxic though.

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been my continued experience with any sort of PVP crowd that attempting to communicate on any level with people you dont know personally, is useless.

Because it's allways dimissed as 'whining'. So the title should actually be, 'stop talking'.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 26, 2018 4:36AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, pretty much what I said the first BG, after explaining why they ranked lower then a person with less kills in a relic match, and then the 2nd time before quiting group. Some people just don't know how not be toxic though.

True, there are certain players who think every Battleground should be a Deathmatch.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been my continued experience with any sort of PVP crowd that attempting to communicate on any level with people you dont know personally, is useless.

Because it's allways dimissed as 'whining'. So the title should actually be, 'stop talking'.

I actually met some cool players in BG that ended in my friend list. We did exchange tactics ideas and fun topics
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can’t tell me to stop! Im winning bigly Im winning more the anyone has ever won before. Believe me...

What is that you say?

Oh. I may have read this title wrong...
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭

I think there is a distinction between communicating effectively, and constructively and communicating the fact that your a jerk though. Sure there are thin skined people who will take anything negatively, and then there are people who can only express themselves toxically.

I'm (fortunately) neither of those two.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there is a distinction between communicating effectively, and constructively and communicating the fact that your a jerk though. Sure there are thin skined people who will take anything negatively, and then there are people who can only express themselves toxically.

Yeah, there is a difference, but I dont think many people can agree on what that difference is.

Besides. The ammount of people who take criticism constructively is lower than 1% in my experience. Everyone else responds with attempting to silence you, or sabotage you if they cant.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 26, 2018 6:28AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iv been in one forums tonight with the same person whining. because someone whined to them in the game, and they somehow thought we cared.

protip: dont whine about whining. 2 bg is nothing.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your whining bout whining
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

Case in point.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, are you hoping he'll read this, or something?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. When a random teammate tries to 1v4 a group by himself instead of waiting. Sometimes if they’re mobile this is ok, but it’s almost always someone terrible. It’s like they’re intentionally trying to be mindless trash-mobs in FPS games that attack one at a time and it really bugs me.

Me.

As for the nub mentioned by the OP, why would he complain about not being top. If he played better, he would be. Its like they are insulting themselves.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 26, 2018 7:22AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    iv been in one forums tonight with the same person whining. because someone whined to them in the game, and they somehow thought we cared.

Case in point.

And your posts qualify as whining about whining as you also whine. Point being?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Case in point.

Look, if this is where we're gonna go, just go straight to the memes.
    bbdecf7329d71794b67b82a20f032f1e0adab64fcc6e60a2122053c6ab941d22.jpg
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're something alright...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Case in point.

Look, if this is where we're gonna go, just go straight to the memes.
    bbdecf7329d71794b67b82a20f032f1e0adab64fcc6e60a2122053c6ab941d22.jpg

what time is it?
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Been in several BGs last two days because I had need to test an addon. I suck in PvE as I'm very very bad DD, I suck in PvP even more 'cause I absolutely can not PvP. Moreover, I was wearing PvE gear, I had no food buffs, I had no clue what I supposed to do at BG (it was my first BGs ever in ESO).
    And no one did whine there. They truly should have been whining, and I really deserve all bad words on earth because I was one of the worst and useless teammates ever, but they said nothing. Guess I'm lucky. :)

lmao
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Case in point.

That talking to PVP players is pointless because they will make a concious effort to take anything said in any matter as hostile, just like your doing now?

That any attempt at communication will be taken as 'whining' and thus will give people license to harass people up until they quit, or worse?

That helping the PVP audience or making games for them isn't worth the profit due to the fact it means working around this mentality?

Threads like this, the mentality like this, is why PVP based MMO's and games are doomed. You people are your activities own worst enemy.

Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 26, 2018 10:59PM
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind nice friendly feedback, and I by no means intend to 'ruin' people's fun or dungeon. However I can't abide elitist idiots who suck all the joy out of the game. I think this is an mmo problem though where everyone seems to get obsessed with maximum efficient performance and not helped by the poor group finder in eso.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind nice friendly feedback, and I by no means intend to 'ruin' people's fun or dungeon. However I can't abide elitist idiots who suck all the joy out of the game. I think this is an mmo problem though where everyone seems to get obsessed with maximum efficient performance and not helped by the poor group finder in eso.

Definately not a MMO problem. It exists in any environment where people can see their activity as competative.

And people just dont the time for it in this day and age.
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭

Case in point.

That talking to PVP players is pointless because they will make a concious effort to take anything said in any matter as hostile, just like your doing now?

That any attempt at communication will be taken as 'whining' and thus will give people license to harass people up until they quit, or worse?

That helping the PVP audience or making games for them isn't worth the profit due to the fact it means working around this mentality?

Threads like this, the mentality like this, is why PVP based MMO's and games are doomed. You people are your activities own worst enemy.

Again there is a difference between talking constructively and talking toxically. The hostile person here isn't me, it's you for basically going "it's doomed!" When that's not the case at all.

IF the person I mentioned had been constructive instead of a jerk the thread wouldn't exist. if people could learn some civility for online time, everyone would be happier.
    Edited by Velvelya on February 26, 2018 11:41PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate complaining threads
    Edited by D0PAMINE on February 27, 2018 1:20AM
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like you like complaining about them tho