The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

8th storage box

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm lucky that I didn't need to buy an extra slot. Even if I'd levelled all 7 of my 'actual' characters I could always level my mule too, he's stayed at level 3 and rarely leaves the Daggerfall bank.

In fact when I get the other storage containers (via writ vouchers) I might be able to delete the mule and make an 8th actual character. Not that I need 8, 7 is already more than I have time for but that's never stopped me before.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a new character to see the new rewards system.. it's part of the game now and I want to see it.

I didn't need to buy character slot 15 because my character slot 14 is a "flex" slot in which the character created there will eventually be deleted. So far, character slot #14 has been used 3 times.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slurg wrote: »
    Gothren wrote: »
    Are you full on your inventory spots, @tabii2015, to where you actually can sustain an argument for this claim?

In other words, do you have all 14 characters maxed in bag and horse capacity, bank space maxed, and have bought 7 storage containers?

I didn’t think so ...

what does that have to do with wanting organized storage chests furnishings for your house.
    Absolutely nothing, but he posts the same thing in every single thread on the subject for some reason.

Anyway. I did pick up an extra character slot (my 12th) to get the storage container. I strongly prefer storage containers that can easily be renamed to indicate their contents over storing items on alt characters.

I wanted to create a mag warden anyway, just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. But I can see how paying to create a new character when you really didn’t want a new character otherwise would be very annoying.

im glad you are enjoying the new storage chests. I find them very useful. i haven't got them all yet but working on them after i get master fisher achievment (boat furnishing).
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage is nice and I bet a lot of the people moaning haven't maxed all toons and their bank. I prob get a couple but it's not been implemented well enough so the amount of storage seems insufficient.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Storage is nice and I bet a lot of the people moaning haven't maxed all toons and their bank. I prob get a couple but it's not been implemented well enough so the amount of storage seems insufficient.

1. you know what assumptions make of you and me, right?
    2. the main benefit of storage is being able to organize your stuff into separate areas and categories, instead of having it all sit in the same communal space.
    3. and for the love of god. STOP saying that you must have 14 characters already. you are not required to have bought extra characters slots before you get to complain about buying extra character slots. this is they whole point you shouldn't HAVE to buy extra character slots in a first place.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only time i buy any storage boxes is it let me put the skill change tokens i have in inventory on my 14 players, setting at about 200 plus to the 250 that's in the bank or where every
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a new character who has stopped and sat at level 11 since all of this was announced, so will take him through to get the new rewards (console here). For this reason alone this is not a biggie for me.

I only have 13 character slots used at the moment and will probably end up buying the 14th and 15th slots eventually - what else am I to do with crowns I get for subbing?

Having said that, I don't like that they switched the extra container to leveling only, partly because I also have enough vouchers, crowns and gold to buy anything I want. I'm not sure why this was done and can only assume it is to give new players a 'sample' of the storage chest, in the hopes that they then march to the crown store for the rest.

Maybe the last container could have been purchasable to anyone who had leveled all of their initial 8 free characters - but even then people would still complain that new players don't have to pay for it, so why should I....

..and yes, I too have inventory issues, so am hanging out for the storage - even with 480 bank slots, the craft bag and 12 of my 13 characters at either 180, 190 or 200 slots each (those last 10 slots are expensive!!!)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.