The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

I screwed up

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a character and selected the wrong class somehow.

Can I remove this character and still use the name?

The treasure maps and pets I collected from the mail, are they now bound to this character?

The treasure map for coldharbor that I opened, is it bound to this character?
[DC/NA]
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you delete that character you will loose all of your bonus items.. forever.

You will need to make a second character and transfer all the items via your bank. I think there is a waiting period before you can use that same name. I am not 100% on that nor do I remember how long. That could have changed as of late.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been able to re-use the name of any character I delete.
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    What SeñorCinco said is partially correct - Get to town and drop them in the bank.

However, there is no waiting period between deleting and creating a name. I did it twice today to get two of the names I wanted.
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    - Your items can be deposited in the account bank. You'll have to unpack the maps, but it will work. Another player couldn't deposit the pet until s/he relogged.

- Your name will be released exactly when you delete your character. Pick a friend and ask him/her to create a character with that name in that exact moment, remake your character and ask him/her again to delete his/hers in order to release the name again, so you can have it :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses, I was pretty upset when i realized what happened. Sucks waiting months and then minutes into the game you feel like you ruined it all.

I got to the bank and deposited everything, sucks having to unpack all those maps. Ended up using 57/60 slots.

One question I have, how can I ever use the coldharbor map since it's now in the daggerfall bank? Can I return to cold harbor? Or is that map effectively garbage now?
    [DC/NA]
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, there is no waiting period between deleting and creating a name. I did it twice today to get two of the names I wanted.
    Good to know. I recall some timmer being discussed a week ago. I was unclear (shocking, I know) on it then, TBH .
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    One question I have, how can I ever use the coldharbor map since it's now in the daggerfall bank? Can I return to cold harbor? Or is that map effectively garbage now?

You return to Coldharbor later in your journeys.
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing, ugh.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After it's all said and done I didn't screw much up, only thing that really sucks is having 27/60 bank slots since I don't want to carry around all the maps and pets. Not as big of a deal as I originally feared, still annoying as hell tho.
    [DC/NA]
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    Yeah kind of a pain to have to store all of that. I wish the pets were like the horse, so can summon them with out having to get them from the bank when you want to use them different character.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NightOwl68 wrote: »
    I wish the pets were like the horse, so can summon them with out having to get them from the bank when you want to use them different character.

Yeah, pets are as useless as teets on a bull. Of course, that's the case with all MMOs I've seen.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"