Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can You Change My Class On A Single Character?

Yzalirk
Yzalirk
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible that you can change my Dragonknight to a Sorcerer. I only ask this because I like the name and appearance for my Dragonknight except I wish I made him a Sorcerer instead. If this is possible, could you change the class?

If there are alternatives rather than having to spend like 6000 Crowns, I am all ears.

Thank you,
-Yzalirk
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to change the class but you can create a new character of the same race an likeness if you want. It doesn't take long to level a character to 50 and the champion points are account shared. Many of the players in this game have multiple characters spanning every class.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    This should be a feature in the game, and mostly because the developers keep changing how each class functions all the time and its quite frustrating.

1. I don't want to have to complete the story line again, it will be boring the 4th time through.
    2. I don't want to have to get sky shards again, I did this annoying task once already.
    3. I don't want to have to find all the mage guild books again, I did this already.
    4. I don't want to have to level up all the crafting again, I did this already and I don't want to have to switch between accounts all the time if I want to make something.
    5. I don't live eat breath and sleep this game because I have a life out side of what should be entertainment.
    6. when you make a change to a class and suddenly make it unenjoyable to play how do you justify NOT having this option in the game?
    7. Oh yea my mount is maxed out and I don't want to do that again :wink:

so we should have an option to change class and keeping all achievements, to pretend this could not work or would be to difficult would be a lie.
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 24, 2018 9:45PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, you cannot change your class at present.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    This should be a feature in the game, and mostly because the developers keep changing how each class functions all the time and its quite frustrating.

It is a common state of MMORPGs that the best class will eventually not be the best class, though Zos had not changed how any class actually functions. A change that brings about a change from one still to another does not really change how that class functions.

But class change is not very common in MMORPGs so it is very unlikely Zos will add it here. Generally someone that rolls a new character and has no interest in doing everything again does just what is needed to get to end game. Considering we no longer have vet ranks it is significantly faster and easier than before.
    Edited by idk on February 24, 2018 8:45PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    There is no way to change the class but you can create a new character of the same race an likeness if you want. It doesn't take long to level a character to 50 and the champion points are account shared. Many of the players in this game have multiple characters spanning every class.

[Snip].

Yep, you can create a new character with any class and any race. Also, you can use a caps lock button.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 24, 2018 8:54PM
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It is a common state of MMORPGs that the best class will eventually not be the best class, though Zos had not changed how any class actually functions. A change that brings about a change from one still to another does not really change how that class functions.

But class change is not very common in MMORPGs so it is very unlikely Zos will add it here. Generally someone that rolls a new character and has no interest in doing everything again does just what is needed to get to end game. Considering we no longer have vet ranks it is significantly faster and easier than before.

But Best class is really just a relative thing, one person believes Night blades are OP and another thinks they are just fine while yet another thinks they are underperforming. When I first made my Templar I loved how he functioned, I did not think he was OP or did I think he was under performing but over time people complained and now the class as I see it (because of changes Zenimax made to the class) is worthless. Yet I know full well others would strongly disagree with me on that thought BUT Zenimax has made changes to the class over time regardless. Had I known Tamplars (I caught this spelling error but given how often my Templar ends up a bloody mess I'm gonna leave it :smiley: ) would end up performing as they are I never would have invested the time and resources I have in to this character.

Let me change his class to something else with out losing all the time I have spent on him and I would definitely see more value in this game.

NOTE: I know they reserve the right to make any and all changes I'm not against that.
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 24, 2018 9:57PM
  • miffyjupiter
    miffyjupiter
    ✭✭
    Asia Chinese language rpg ALWAYS have an option to change CLASS , sometimes players are free to do this , sometime need to buy game coins .

If we can change our skill line easily , I don’t know why changing class will be impossible ....
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    +1 WTB class change feature
    Please include it in Elsweyr xpac
    Edited by Gelmir on January 14, 2019 5:36PM
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭

1. I don't want to have to complete the story line again, it will be boring the 4th time through.
    2. I don't want to have to get sky shards again, I did this annoying task once already.
    3. I don't want to have to find all the mage guild books again, I did this already.
    4. I don't want to have to level up all the crafting again, I did this already and I don't want to have to switch between accounts all the time if I want to make something.
    5. I don't live eat breath and sleep this game because I have a life out side of what should be entertainment.
    6. when you make a change to a class and suddenly make it unenjoyable to play how do you justify NOT having this option in the game?
    7. Oh yea my mount is maxed out and I don't want to do that again :wink:

so we should have an option to change class and keeping all achievements, to pretend this could not work or would be to difficult would be a lie.

8. And I don't want to complete Clockwork, Summerset and Murkmire again.

I totally agree. Knowing what I know now, I would really like to change my High Elf Dragonknight to a Sorcerer. :)
    It would be really handy, at a steep price probably.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Daedric_Horror
    Daedric_Horror
    Soul Shriven
    Im surprised its not a token, it could work like the morph and attribute reatune feature in vvardenfell that uses gold only its a token instead you can buy for the same crowns like the other ones.

Would be very nice, i wish i had made my main guy a necromancer instead of sorcerer and my smithy the sorcerer instead of necromancer.
    ~Ingame name is the same as my forum name~
    List of ingame characters: (Of Mer and Beast)
    Cryptid Mournscar - Sorcerer - Undecided Role/DPS {Main Character/Sona Status}Bathory Of Blood - Dragonknight - Tank {Ancestor to Skyrim My Main Character}Kryptos Necrotis - Necromancer - DPS/Healer {Based on a DND character}Glamroy Killstar - Nightblade - DPS {Evil overlord vampire himbo supreme}Littles Grave-Dirt - Necromancer - Undecided Role {The dead are all she trusts}Amaryllis Mayfly - Warden - Healer {Praiser of the hunt father, Based on another character of mine}Moogbun Sharnki - Necromancer - DPS {Proof you can be a warrior and wield magics}Arion Dakaire - Templar - DPS {Ancestor to another Skyrim Character just as evil as Glamroy}Reginald Sunhart - Templar - Tank {Wholesome Grandpas against Murder and Mayhem}Dances-In-Macabre - Necromancer - Undecided Role {Mute shadowscale and praiser of the dread father}
    If you ever need a bite feel free to PM me in game~ I hand bites out for free and can make both blood maras on Glamroy if you supply the materials for it~Werewolves- Reginald, Amaryllis, Moogbun, ArionVampires- Cryptid, Glamroy, Bathory
    ================Shameless plugs================
    • *Guild trader is in Senchal, Guildname is Khans Legion
    • *Currently working on starting up my own guild but it'll be a while before its open to public, setting up the discord proper takes time
    • *The main guild ive been with longest and have absolutely enjoyed is called the Narwhal Nation, we're a small group of helpful friendly players so if that interests you feel free to shoot me a pm ingame to invite you ^^