The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

need help to identify an error

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i'm getting the flowing error message on most of my characters when using the bank.
it's probably related to an addon but since it is quite random i'm having a hard time to detect which one is causing it.
anyone more familiar with this can give me some help?

Duplicate Keybind: UI_SHORTCUT_SECONDARY. Before: bank (Deposit Currency). After: bank (Enchant).
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:370: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:514: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:100: in function 'ZO_ItemSlotActionsController:RefreshKeybindStrip'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:117: in function 'ZO_ItemSlotActionsController:SetInventorySlot'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:2189: in function 'UpdateMouseoverCommand'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:2280: in function 'ZO_InventorySlot_OnMouseEnter'
(tail call): ?
ZO_StackSplitSource_MouseEnter:3: in function '(main chunk)'
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have a problem you think is related to an addon, the easiest way to check is to disable your addons. If the problem persists, its wasn't an addon.

If the problem is an addon, you can reenable them, either one at a time or in halves until you've narrowed down which one is causing the problem.

Or you can check here to see if any of your addons are known to conflict with the Dragon Bones patch: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395008/known-conflicting-addons-dragon-bones/p1
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have a problem you think is related to an addon, the easiest way to check is to disable your addons. If the problem persists, its wasn't an addon.

If the problem is an addon, you can reenable them, either one at a time or in halves until you've narrowed down which one is causing the problem.

Or you can check here to see if any of your addons are known to conflict with the Dragon Bones patch: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395008/known-conflicting-addons-dragon-bones/p1

Or just use BugCatcher and don't worry about it.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into your ESO folder and rename your addon folder to addon.old, then rename your savedvariable to savedvariables.old.

Then log into the game, all your addons will be hidden and the game will automatically make a new addon folder and savedvariables folder. Make sure you don't have the problem.

Then, one at a time, move your addons from the old folder to the new one, same with the saved variables. Be sure to move just one addon and the correct saved variable to the new folder at a time, and log in trying to duplicate the problem.

Just unselecting the addon in the options won't always isolate the addon since the saved variables are still there.

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know that, but this one is quite random. hard to find.
    but i'm going to check the link.

thanks to all ;)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Just unselecting the addon in the options won't always isolate the addon since the saved variables are still there.

interesting. i wasn't aware of this.
    thanks for the tip.