Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are housing storage chests working (yet)?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've seen or heard multiple references to the contents of chests disappearing. There's also been some question as to whether furnishings can be stored in chests.

What's the current status on these fronts?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

Would also like to know
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard ZOS were working on a fix, but there's not been an update since so I assume the problem still exists.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any issues with them but I've not deleted any characters which is where I understood the problem to be.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is from the recent v3.3.6 patch notes:

Deleting the last character to load into your home will no longer cause bound items to be lost from your home storage.

It'd be nice to know if someone tested it though :smiley:
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This is from the recent v3.3.6 patch notes:

Deleting the last character to load into your home will no longer cause bound items to be lost from your home storage.

It'd be nice to know if someone tested it though :smiley:
    carly wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues with them but I've not deleted any characters which is where I understood the problem to be.

Ahh. That's less sweeping than I thought. Thanks!

Anything on furnishing items not going into chests, or was that simply a false rumor?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my storage chests entirely for furnishing items. Also I believe ZO$ mentioned that they had fixed the disappearing items.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested the bound item deletion bug on Live after patch 3.3.6 using the same steps I used to reproduce the error on PTS. I found that the deletion bug is fixed just like it says in the patch notes.

I can't comment on any problems there may be with stored furniture items going invisible in housing editor. I just haven't tried it.
    PC EU
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does for me. (30 slot)
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's still tagging storage as inventory, but the deletion bug has been fixed.

If you try to store mats in a chest with ESO+ active (and auto stash enabled) all the chest mats will be moved to your craft bag when you enter a house.

Hoping that gets fixed soon, because if I have to start toggling that off every time I want to port to my house I might have an aneurism.
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey all!

I just wanted to come in and confirm that this issue was resolved in the 3.3.6 patch as @Jaimeh was kind enough to point out.

fd95864456e6742fdb7e91ac347dd990.png

If you run into any other issues, be sure to start a discussion about it in the Bug Reports section so we can get the right eyes on it.

Thanks!
    Staff Post
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    I filled my boxes with 120 monster set parts and deleted 2 characters - nothing disappeared. Fixed.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I filled my boxes with 120 monster set parts and deleted 2 characters - nothing disappeared. Fixed.

Thanks for the share
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Encouraged by this thread, I got a couple of chests and filled them with furnishings. No problem.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 26, 2018 10:52AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My chests/coffers are working fine but...

what is this delete character feature?

:-)

just kidding.

sorta

yeah, really just kidding... i mean i know there is a delete dragonknight feature. have used it like three times. have they added it for other characters now?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've discovered something interesting.

I now have a couple of chests with furnishing stored in them. When I go to the housing interface those stored furnishing appear just as if they were in my backpack ... but only if I've previously opened one of the chests on that visit to the house.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported something very similar to that in another thread yesterday.