Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to update to eso.live.1.0.0.956792

speedjfreak
I have the previsious build, but when I hit UPDATE on the launcher it doesn' t update the game so I can' t log in... Any suggestion? (apart of delete and download it all again)?
Edited by speedjfreak on March 30, 2014 2:01PM
  • speedjfreak
    I have eso.rc.1.0.0.956199
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the previsious build, but when I hit UPDATE on the launcher it doesn' t update the game so I can' t log in... Any suggestion? (apart of delete and download it all again)?
    Did you try the Repair? Its under Game Options normally.

What happens when you click Update?
  • speedjfreak
    Tried both repair and update, but the game is not updating...
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried both repair and update, but the game is not updating...
    May want to try downloading the new Mac Installer from the Account page. Move the Launcher to desktop out of the folder:

/Applications/ZeniMax Online/Launcher.app

The run the new installer. Confirm settings and double check correct region is selected. Let it install the Launcher and update itself. Should auto relaunch then try again.

Try this also as it may be some connection issue.:

First is a known proxy issue which gives an error message. Even if you don't get that error it's perhaps worth trying. Details for the ESO Support kb article;
    WHAT DO I DO IF I RECEIVE AN “ABORT: POINTER IS NULL” ERROR MESSAGE ON MAC?
    Updated 02/28/2014 06:43 PM Published 02/13/2014 09:28 AM

A network proxy bug exists with the Mac version beta patcher. We fully expect this to be fixed within the next few weeks. Until then, users may fix the issue by completing the following steps:

- Navigate to the System Preferences under the Apple Menu.
    - Open up Network in System Preferences. (Usually located in the third row, third icon.)
    - Make sure the network connection with a green dot next to it is selected.
    - Click the Advanced button in the lower right corner
    - From the drop down menu, click on Proxies.
    - In the "Select a protocol to configure" list
    - Uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery”
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5558

Also some have had luck by changing the ISP DNS server which may indicate corrupted chase files of the download. Again it for another error but try it to see if it helps. Do one at a time to see which may help;
    ERROR 200: LOGIN SERVICE FAILED

Change your DNS settings to a public DNS server (non-ISP).

I used Google: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
    On the Mac, to change the DNS server IP addresses go to:

System Preferences > Network > Advanced… > DNS

Note the existing ones usually automatically added by your ISP then change them for the Google ones of other you prefer. Remember to Apply changes after clicking OK when done.

Also worth ensuring the OS X Firewall is switched off during download and that any router firewall is not blocking it in some way.

System Preferences > Secuirty & Privacy > Firewall

This is in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, It may be slightly different in other versions.

Make sure you submit a ticket to Support in the meantime. It may be you will have to try a fresh install.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 2:50PM
  • speedjfreak
    Done it all but it still does' t work :(
    But thanks for the help!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done it all but it still does' t work :(
    But thanks for the help!
    Sorry it didn't. I suspect it will mean a fresh install. Just worth trying other stuff first.

One last thing you could try before this is to close Launcher and remove this file:
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/game_mac/game_mac.version

Relaunch. It's a long shot.

Other thing to do generally is to ensure the correct ports are open for the game.

They updated the list of ports that need to be open for ESO here. Worth doing to avoid issues at launch:

Support kb article here:
    WHAT PORTS DO I NEED TO OPEN TO ACCESS THE GAME?
    Updated 03/25/2014 08:07 PM Published 02/15/2013 07:46 PM

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, players should configure their routers to open the following ports:

Ports 24100 through 24131
    Ports 24500 through 24507
    Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 3:15PM
  • speedjfreak
    Thanks a lot again but still unable to update to the last version it seems...
    One thing: instead of having /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU I had /Application/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online PTS
    It may be this the problem?
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did you register your Early Access Code?

I had a similar problem with the Beta client and turned out I had to register the code and reinstall the client.
  • speedjfreak
    Yep... In my account section on the website it is enabled! :(
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot again but still unable to update to the last version it seems...
    One thing: instead of having /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU I had /Application/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online PTS
    It may be this the problem?
    Yes. That is the PTS test install not the beta live install.

I suspect the version is too different just to small patch update. You could try backing it up then rename the folder The Elder Scrolls Online EU. relaunch the Launcher and try to Repair. It may just try to install. in which case let it build the temp folder in depot folder and start the download. Then Pause and see if you have the Repair option now in Game Options. If not quit it. Launch and do the same. but this time when it starts download use Cancel. It's a chance it will wipe the whole folder and why you MUST backup. Hopefully it doesn't and you can then use Repair.

It's a bit of a mess right now this process, sort. But try that. Otherwise it may require a fresh install not to eh PTS version.
  • speedjfreak
    u279.png