The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Switching from hard disc copy to digital copy of the game

MOJO-MASTA
MOJO-MASTA
Soul Shriven
I have the eso Ultimate Edition (PS4 disc) that came out before the one Tamriel update and I want to switch to a digital copy (now Morrowind base game not the dlc) but I want to make sure I don't lose any of the benefits like upgrading to the Imperial Armor (or any others I can't remember) is it possible? (the customer support section has been less than helpful)
Edited by MOJO-MASTA on February 22, 2018 12:30AM
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOJO-MASTA wrote: »
    (the customer support section has been less than helpful)

Someone call Ripley's.
  • GandTheImpaler
    GandTheImpaler
    Class Representative
    I'd think it would be possible, submit a ticket and find out I guess. I've always thought if you had an account it wouldn't matter.
  • MOJO-MASTA
    MOJO-MASTA
    Soul Shriven
    How do I submit a ticket?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the digital purchase page when you click on the BUY NOW in the upper right of the screen here.

You can select to purchase the Morrowind Upgrade version which adds to your existing account.

The Morrowind Edition is to purchase as a separate or new account.

For PC the upgrade version is a little less $, don't have a console but imagine the same is true.

Does not matter that you originally purchased a hard copy of the game. Truth is you bought a Digital copy with the choice to do the first install from the hard copy. The hard copy editions are made from a version that is pre-release of launch and requires you to update to play.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MOJO-MASTA
    MOJO-MASTA
    Soul Shriven
    When I bought the game it was before the one Tamriel update and it included things like a free horse being able to be any race anywhere and changing any crafted weapon or armor to the Imperial Style since then they change it to the one Tamriel and everything stays the same then they changed it to ESO Morrowind and they added the Morrowind DLC and everything was cool but now I'm trying to just change from the disc version to a digital copy version without losing any of my prior content like the horse or the ability to change the armor to Imperial
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You converted your hard copy to a digital one the second you made a account. I don't know how to say that any clearer.

Adding the Morrowind Upgrade will not take away all that you bought. It is added to your account like a DLC is added when bought.

If you buy the Morrowind Edition then is a new account.

Realize I am talking about two versions of the game as they are offered in the drop down menu of the digital purchase screen.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • MOJO-MASTA
    MOJO-MASTA
    Soul Shriven
    Oh so there is no way to keep all the perks & dump the disk
  • Ozium
    Ozium
    ✭✭✭
    wouldn't the MW upgrade suffice ?

not understanding what's to be gained by buying full package when already have one
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOJO-MASTA wrote: »
    Oh so there is no way to keep all the perks & dump the disk

If you buy the Morrowind upgrade, it will be added to your current account, and you will keep everything you already had since your account is already a digital version of the game. As soon as you activated the CD-key in the box and made your ESO account, it became digital. You don't even need the discs any more.
    I'm almost sure that it's true for the PS4 too, not only for the PC.
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    No you still need the disc to authorize it. He wants to not use the disc at all.
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    The disc actually IS the key. There is no cd key with ps4. The codes were only for the IE goodies and such. Now i am able to switch between digital and hard copy if i want because i own both. So yes it is possible.
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got both the disc version and the digital version (all DLC and upgrades included plus Morrowind)
    just had to download about 80 gigs of content again and logged in with my regular ps4 account

ps4 wont let you having 2 copies of game in library,you must delete one before proceed with digital copy
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadelon wrote: »
    No you still need the disc to authorize it. He wants to not use the disc at all.

Then he should have purchased it for PC. Yet ANOTHER reason I don't like console games. None of the games I play require a disk. When I reformat my machine, I don't even need the disks to install. I just download the games from the game site. (Blizzard, Trion, ZOS, etc.)
  • Randomchaos
    Randomchaos
    ✭✭
    I do the exact same with my console ? Lol

• MOJO-MASTA
    MOJO-MASTA
    Soul Shriven
    Do what the exact same way whit your console?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, I had said I don't own a console so this now explains things.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The disc actually IS the key. There is no cd key with ps4. The codes were only for the IE goodies and such. Now i am able to switch between digital and hard copy if i want because i own both. So yes it is possible.

Ah, I didn't know that since I don't own any console.