Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove the 'Requires rank 9 in any crafting skill to learn' restriction

IAMJ0N35Y
IAMJ0N35Y
✭✭
Like, I really see no reason why it's even there in the first place when other motifs don't have it.
Edited by IAMJ0N35Y on February 21, 2018 7:39AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t see a reason why not.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will happen. In the update notes, there is a line about reducing motif page drops, so rare styles can stay rare for the new outfit customization.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It's annoying to find yet another Primal or Daedric style motif that none of my characters can use except for my two crafters, and they already have it. And the motif is so common that it's selling for peanuts on guild traders, so it isn't even worth listing.
    But, really, it's not that big of a deal.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason to keep any motifs rank restricted since the Outfit system doesn't require actual crafting knowledge.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    no

Someone always has to respond to threads like these with a plain “no”. Smh
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's destroy crafters even more, great idea.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I forgot there was even a restriction as my main has them all levelled and skilled.

Whilst I wouldn't care if they went away I kind of like the idea of people having to train them as it helps other areas of the game tick over, the demand on insightful items for example.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

How does that hurt crafters? It’s very easy to do atm but most ppl don’t want to invest the points on each of their characters when they have a dedicated crafter.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

How does that hurt crafters? It’s very easy to do atm but most ppl don’t want to invest the points on each of their characters when they have a dedicated crafter.

First we take away motifs - their big source of getting money, and then we even want to take their ability to learn them when others can't.

Do you know that motifs for outfits are now account wide so you only need one crafter, so your argument is invalid?
    Edited by Radinyn on February 21, 2018 9:25AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First we take away motifs - their big source of getting money, and then we even want to take their ability to learn them when others can't.

Do you know that motifs for outfits are now account wide so you only need one crafter, so your argument is invalid?

You’re misunderstanding. Crafters, which are most players nowadays if being a “Crafter” only means hitting rank 50 in one craft+investing some skill points, are not some special exclusive group.

Yes motifs are account-wide now, but if you want to learn a chapter, you have to arbitrarily move it onto a character who has invested fully into a craft. Unless it’s your master crafter character there is no reason to ever really do that.

It creates a situation where if you want to learn a motif, you have to move it into your bank, log out, relog on crafter, use motif, log out, log into your other character, then finally play again. Much more simple to just use the chapter without the pointless restriction. This change is purely convenience and hurts no one.

The reward for knowing all of the styles is being able to collect tons of writ vouchers lol. I agree there should be more benefits though. No need for pointless resistrictions is all.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 21, 2018 9:35AM
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re misunderstanding. Crafters, which are most players nowadays if being a “Crafter” only means hitting rank 50 in one craft+investing some skill points, are not some special exclusive group.

Yes motifs are account-wide now, but if you want to learn a chapter, you have to arbitrarily move it onto a character who has invested fully into a craft. Unless it’s your master crafter character there is no reason to ever really do that.

It creates a situation where if you want to learn a motif, you have to move it into your bank, log out, relog on crafter, use motif, log out, log into your other character, then finally play again. Much more simple to just use the chapter without the pointless restriction. This change is purely convenience and hurts no one.

The reward for knowing all of the styles is being able to collect tons of writ vouchers lol. I agree there should be more benefits though. No need for pointless resistrictions is all.

But it also gives ability to learn it to people who have literally 0 knowledge/XP in crafting. You shouldn't be able to learn style if you can't make the simple items.
    Edited by Radinyn on February 21, 2018 9:42AM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The outfit system destroys any crafting use motiffs had..might as well make em unrestricted and drop like lockpicks
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all Motifs should have some sort of requirement - The basic racial styles, those can be freebies.
    Anything above, give it a requirement in line with complexity, intricacy, and foreign nature to any standard character.
    (Celestial would have a high requirement, something like "Barbaric" would have a low one. Alliance styles would be medium, Xivkyn would be high)

...That being said, it wouldn't negatively effect me in any way if there was no requirement at all. It might actually improve my quality of Life with the new outfit system. See less trash-people running around, have more people to quickly unload motifs to so new players can get their epic fashionz before having to do any major content or invest any serious time in the game.

I'm comfortable with it being a mark of "crafting skill" or just some neat fashion-fodder for the masses.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    There's no reason to keep any motifs rank restricted since the Outfit system doesn't require actual crafting knowledge.

Ahhhh but it does...the motifs are knowledge and you earn over time the ability to do more complex ones
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What? Having rank restrictions on motifs makes zero sense. Especially when most of them end up in the crown store without any restrictions placed upon them whatsoever.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mannix1958 wrote: »

Ahhhh but it does...the motifs are knowledge and you earn over time the ability to do more complex ones

Tell that to the crown store folk.
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too also vote no.

Reason being that while I concede ESO doesn't have to make 'sense' given so many 'magic' and other 'hand-wavium' mechanics, I don't see issue in tying ability to learn a craft style motif to having actual craft knowledge.

In fact, you could say ZOS already did give wide latitude in that ANY (1) craft line of the major Wood, Blacksmith, or Cloth is needed to learn all motifs - rather than tying some motifs to each and making people have to to be max at all 3.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should just make it so motifs require 50k gold to learn.

or you could buy just one motif learning token from the crown store...
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG!

"Skyshard account-wide"
    "Lorebook account-wide"
    "Achievements account-wide"
    "Remove the Requires rank 9"

Yes, let's make the game more casual than it already is! Let's make it easier! Let's all play "The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online" casual-friendly, alt-char-friendly, all friendly!

No, hell no! ¬¬
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no

Yes.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude this should be removed. I was super amped for the outfits that came out but then very disappointed when I learned that I cannot even use majority of the cool gear for my outfits because I do not craft and I have to be a crafter to unlock the motifs for them.

It was really stupid to tie the outfit system to the motifs in this manor.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    About restrictions.
    To have restriction related to crafting a motif, I am fine with that.
    What would be nice is to be able to learn it, without restrictions, just for no clutter QoL improvement.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, they might as well do away with the restrictions, considering a lot of dropped motifs, like mazz, dreadhorn, silken Ring, buoyant armiger ,, etc“ don’t have them, anymore.
    It only makes sense if they are consistent with it.

Edit: typo
    Edited by BlanketFort on February 21, 2018 1:49PM
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still working on getting all my traits for my master crafter. It takes literally days and I celebrate when one of my skills becomes learned so I can start another 21 day cycle. Then I have to spend gold to buy a traited armor or weapon to finish those off at 21 days each. That is what I wish they would tone down. I'm not spending real money to get my traits finished faster. That is cheating to me.

I don't use outfits but I can see having restrictions on the motifs. We who craft have taken months, literally months, to get where we are. It shouldn't be given away.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And, if I remember correctly, there wasn't rank restrictions before. I remember that any character, regardless crafting passives rank, could read most regular books, right?

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    Dude this should be removed. I was super amped for the outfits that came out but then very disappointed when I learned that I cannot even use majority of the cool gear for my outfits because I do not craft and I have to be a crafter to unlock the motifs for them.

It was really stupid to tie the outfit system to the motifs in this manor.

It doesn't take long to level up to 9 for some of them, a bit longer for 10 I'd guess but not done that yet. All it requires is the skill points and going around buying intricate items that give the crafting bonus from guild stores, that are usually 100-200 gold each, then you can level quickly.

And you only have to level 1 of 3 skill lines. My sorc has woodworking to unlock motifs and has no real issues because of it, it just takes a little time collecting the items to get it levelled, but the levelling doesn't get a lot slower before hitting rank 9 when using intricate items and keeps going fast. Unlike say, levelling mages guild or undaunted that slows right down as you hit higher ranks.

So it's not a huge issue I don't think.
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    No .. because.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

its not like the OP posed an actual argument to respond to with an in depth answer.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I agree. It's annoying to find yet another Primal or Daedric style motif that none of my characters can use except for my two crafters, and they already have it. And the motif is so common that it's selling for peanuts on guild traders, so it isn't even worth listing.
    But, really, it's not that big of a deal.

No, only master crafters should know how to make styles like daedric due to lore, because lore should determine game mechanics. Adjustment for simple motifs like primal I'd say yes however
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 21, 2018 1:17PM