The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:49PM

moved 359 votes

Stay with the game (improvise, adapt, overcome, and all that stuff; or maybe you're just indifferent)
72%
ImryllSirAndyrikimm16_ESOSolarikenvailjohn_ESODarkstar101milesrodneymcneely2_ESOArobainDragonLane555GreevirEsha76itsfatbassQueoKendaricSpringt-Über-ZwergeNemesis7884HrogunTurelusjedtb16_ESOReb 260 votes
Leave the game
16%
WatchYourSixxJoy_Divisionkypranb14_ESOSvenjaMadyAzuryaYedaxsebbanSeptimus_MagnaidkGothrenShad0wfire99HatchetHaroSkoomahglaviusBluepitbull13asneakybananaCorpierTorbschkaTrinityBreaker 59 votes
Other (explain below)
11%
GilvothWillhelmBlackShadowHvoanitajoneb17_ESOleandro.800ub17_ESOElsonsoookami007DemycilianAcharnorredspecter23DubhliamReedxMayraelDragathEmma_OverloadRecremenGrabmooreQuebraRegraVaohaltemriel 40 votes
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stay with the game (improvise, adapt, overcome, and all that stuff; or maybe you're just indifferent)
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:49PM
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I learned early on that adaptation is a necessary skill in MMOs.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely to happen. If it did, I would play the same way I do now, but with fewer clicks.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be delighted. Not because I mind the mechanics of animation cancelling (I did it naturally before I even knew what it was), but because I like the idea of the mechanics matching the visuals.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until there's evidence that they know how to remove it as opposed to just adjusting animation priority which they already have, and also evidence that they actively seek to remove it, and also an official announcement about this plan, then it's a moot point either way.

I just can't be bothered to get in the car, run to the store, and buy a pair of panties and a pretzel-molding kit that definitely wasn't intended for panties just so I can manufacture some underpants-twisting ragequit drama based off absolutely nothing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    signing off
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    I'd still play I'd just tell them to stop being silly and put it back. It's a great feature.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    i would Celebrate!
    that would be Awesome!

i hope it happens, it's a Great Start, and a Foot in the right and honest direct to true battle and real balance in fighting.
    people no longer killing each other in less then 1 tenth of a second.

i hope it happens.
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    The only thing animation cancelling does is mute your stamina regen for 2 seconds. Anyone who believes this is beneficial to doing damage needs to have their chromasomes counted.

EOD
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 21, 2018 5:10AM
    Options
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    I would greatly enjoy PvP more. I'll admit I animation canceling anything I can but I'd rather not have too.

I never enjoyed not seeing the visuals to game mechanics they put so much time and effort into developing. Unfortunately, this was overlooked, an accident, and has now become a part of the culture. Too lazy to fix I guess.

The game would be far more enjoyable without.

Simple fix: just have the skill cancelled when animation cancelling with block and roll!
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go straight to forums with the biggest bowl of popcorn imaginable.
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt and overcome.
    It wouldn't bother me too much.
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Grabs popcorn and shares*
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Wouldn't care.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave the game
    I only play this game because of the combat. If they gut it by removing animation cancelling, I'd probably just move on to something else.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would Celebrate!
    that would be Awesome!

i hope it happens, it's a Great Start, and a Foot in the right and honest direct to true battle and real balance in fighting.

i hope it happens.

It wouldn't do that. If you're dying that quickly to other players, it's because your health is under 20k, at which point any player can legitimately burst you down. It's not about animation canceling at that point, it's just, straight up, survivability.
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    i would Celebrate!
    that would be Awesome!

i hope it happens.

It wouldn't do that. If you're dying that quickly to other players, it's because your health is under 20k, at which point any player can legitimately burst you down. It's not about animation canceling at that point, it's just, straight up, survivability.

It's never their own fault with these people is it?
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well since I have 300 ping... nothing would change for me... other than my DPS wouldn't be as terrible comparatively.
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Cancelling cancelling would force me to cancel.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing I don't use it its not needed at all people hype it up way more then it really is. Does not add a ton of dps and its not going to win the duel in pvp.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    It depends on how they did it. If they simply sped up all animations so that they perfectly matched the underlying actions being executed, I would be ok with it. If they added long cooldowns so that every action matched the long animation perfectly, I would probably quit the game.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    would barely even notice
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    WT.F is this thread about? With each year there is more and more carebears in this game. Maybe instead of skilladvisor ZOS should add skills queue so we wouldn't need to do anything beside of click'n'watch.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume they'd trim the excessively long animations we use animation canceling for, but if not I'd probably drop the skills with long animations (looking at you Endless Hail) for some other, faster abilities. Ultimately it wouldn't change much besides make players annoyed.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Would be happy. It never should have been a thing.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems either way .
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling is made out to be a much bigger deal than it actually is.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd write a baity QQ thread on the forums and stoke the incoming flame war.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They couldnt fix it during beta, the couldnt fix it after beta.... So they just embrace it. It aint going no where.
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the game
    I'm not dealing with clunky and slow combat. There are other games that can satisfy my lizard fetish.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    Options
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Enjoy PvP again.

... I miss it, but with the *** meta and people throwing out attacks you cannot visibly see and thus respond too will always keep me away.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
    Options