Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shielding Healer for PvP and PvE

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
So in WoW I always mained a discipline priest which uses shields to keep the team alive over direct heals or hots. The benefit is proactive heals rather than reactive heals. I want to make a build with that concept in mind. With all the burst builds in PvP i think that this kind of healer would be extremely effective.

So far i decided to go with a templar over a warden for the extenxed ritual alone. Im going to use combat physician and Jorvulds Guidance. Ill use bone shield, mutagen, combat prayer and healing ward. Also using the precise asylum resto staff. What do u think? Any suggestions or tips appreciated
Edited by hesobad on February 18, 2018 6:13PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab the Barrier ultimate from the Alliance War Support line. Also, Healing Springs is a good AOE heal that doesnt slow you down while running unlike Combat Prayer.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would of had more fun as do healer with this.

Some sets to consider
    Prayer shawl - probably will go well with ritual on your healer.

Combat physician would go well with guidance set.

Aoe heals from triminc might be nice. Also has connection to shields
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Some sets to consider

The problem with those sets is that they only activate once the target has taken damage and Combat Physican only activates on a singe target at a given time, so it's of limited use in dungeon and useless in trials; Prayer Shawl shield is really tiny so it's even worse. One solution is to run Undaunted:Bone Surge to keep players shielded for 100% of their HP and provide them Major Vitality (+30% healing received) for 10s; since synergy cool-down is 20s that means that theoretically the up time on that would be 50%. I'm not sure Jorvuld’s Guidance set affects that since the shield is activated by a synergy, not directly applied by you. As someone else mentioned Support:Reviving Barrier is another option with a large shield and a heal over time, but that's mostly an emergency ultimate. A good thing about it is that you can slot it for the passive Support: Magicka Aid, that gives you 10% magicka recovery for every support skill slotted at rank II. That's the main reason I always slot Barrier on my tanks and healers on front bar.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All healing sets require you to actually heal someone to get the benefit, the only set that that procs on over healing is SPC as far as I am aware.

Also be a Dragonknight, their ignious sheilds covers 5 plus you with a ward. Really can't be a ward healer without being a Dragonknight.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Some sets to consider

The problem with those sets is that they only activate once the target has taken damage and Combat Physican only activates on a singe target at a given time, so it's of limited use in dungeon and useless in trials; Prayer Shawl shield is really tiny so it's even worse. One solution is to run Undaunted:Bone Surge to keep players shielded for 100% of their HP and provide them Major Vitality (+30% healing received) for 10s; since synergy cool-down is 20s that means that theoretically the up time on that would be 50%. I'm not sure Jorvuld’s Guidance set affects that since the shield is activated by a synergy, not directly applied by you. As someone else mentioned Support:Reviving Barrier is another option with a large shield and a heal over time, but that's mostly an emergency ultimate. A good thing about it is that you can slot it for the passive Support: Magicka Aid, that gives you 10% magicka recovery for every support skill slotted at rank II. That's the main reason I always slot Barrier on my tanks and healers on front bar.

Bone shield is now only 6 second duration, that was the tradeoff for the higher shield and major vitality
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Custos91 wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »

Some sets to consider

Bone shield is now only 6 second duration, that was the tradeoff for the higher shield and major vitality

this is correct- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4853841/#Comment_4853841
    Bone Wall and Spinal Surge (Bone Shield & morphs)
    The prompt will now be available up to 6 seconds after Bone Shield is cast, even if the Bone Shield caster’s damage shield is removed.
    Grants a damage shield for 100% of your Max Health for 6 seconds, instead of 60% of your Max Health for 10 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler
    We’ve shortened the duration of this damage shield to match the duration of all other damage shields in the game, but increased the value of the shield to compensate.
    If an ally uses the synergy and applies the damage shield to you, you will now also be placed on cooldown for that synergy.
    The Spinal Surge synergy from the Bone Surge morph now grants Major Vitality instead of Minor Vitality.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 20, 2018 1:51PM