Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Gear Choice Conundrum

jakeedmundson
jakeedmundson
✭✭✭✭✭
After all these years playing this game, i finally have 2 VO 1 handed weapons. I'm not joking when i say i've never seen them drop before the last couple months.
STILL haven't found an IA or MD lightning staff but those are different stories.

Potential problem - they are both axes.
Before i gold both of these out and change my setup, i wanted to ask for any input from others that may have tried it already.

Scenario.

Stam sorc - redguard
I usually run 5 VO, 5 automaton, 2 stormfist. (unless i need to be the one wearing sunder or nmg)

Right now, i use automaton dagger/sword on front bar (only ones i could find)
Shrouded dagger setup - With someone applying major fracture, i hit somewhere around 37k. (i've tried the flurry setup too but i just don't like it as much lately)

dwight_question.jpg

Would using the VO axes in place of my automaton dagger/sword be a big enough dps loss to make a difference?
Only reasons i would like to use VO weapons is for the convenience of switching my second 5pc set AND not losing the larger 5pc set bonus from certain sets.
Edited by jakeedmundson on February 10, 2018 1:35PM
CP690
Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
PS4 - DC
vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not do a few parses and find out Dwight?
    Edited by boombazookajd on February 10, 2018 2:08PM
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not do a few parses and find out Dwight?

I wanted to ask before i wasted 16 tempers and 100 transmute stones. I was just hoping someone has tried double axes before... if not though. I will just give it a shot eventually and see how it goes.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not worth it. There is a case for using one axe, but two is kinda meh. Not saying that the damage difference is going to be huge, but it's probably a loss in damage either way.

Keep farming; you'd want a dagger or two.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on February 10, 2018 3:15PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not do a few parses on PTS Dwight?

You’re not penalized for using gold tempers and transmute stones there ...

EDIT: Ahh, you're PS4.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 10, 2018 11:41PM
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with 2 axes is the bleed damage. When u light or heavy attack with an axe you apply a bleed from the twin blade and blunt passive in the dw skill line. When u have 2 axes and you alternately hit right hand then left hand it will refrsh the bleed tick if it is done to quickly. Meaning you hit..apply bleed...hit again bleed refreshes and shares the same gcd. If you hit again before the the first damage tick of the initial hit it will refresh and render your bleed usless. 2 axes are still good. Just wait a few seconds between each consecutive strike to allow the first bleed application to tick before you reapply it. Otherwise you loose a little crit from the loss of daggers, but they are still very good and worth it with rending slashes and a bleed focus build which is strong in pve and pvp. Ideally you would want a sword off hand and axe mainhand but getting vo weapons are hard enough as is, so test and see if you like the results.