The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Transfer from xbox to PC

UnversedNumber3
UnversedNumber3
✭✭✭
Hey everyone I took about a 6 month break from scroll after I got a new PC. I was wondering if there is now a way to transfer my xbox account onto PC? I have almost 900 hours into my account on xbox and dont really want to start over.
Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
Still pretty new to PC-NA.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, no. They do not offer any type of platform transfers. :(
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're quitting Xbox, can I have your stuff?
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    The have before. They allowed PC to transfer to xbox and PS. why not they other way around?
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I already donated most of it to my guild.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The have before. They allowed PC to transfer to xbox and PS. why not they other way around?

The ONLY time they did this was prior to console launch, and the only way they were able to do it was by adding in the PC accounts to the console version before it went Live. Also, the only PC players who were allowed to do this, I believe, were those who had pre-ordered the console version before a certain deadline.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

The ONLY time they did this was prior to console launch, and the only way they were able to do it was by adding in the PC accounts to the console version before it went Live. Also, the only PC players who were allowed to do this, I believe, were those who had pre-ordered the console version before a certain deadline.

Yes. Mostly. The game had to be purchased within a short window when the game was released to PC. Maybe a month or two. When console was almost ready to launch the eligible players then had to opt in and their account was copied, not actually transfered.

Those that missed even one of those windows lost out and Zos has never made an exception. Even stated it would never happen again. Ofc never isn't always a long time.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no ability to transfer characters or items between platforms or megaservers. Players who pre-ordered console edition were able to play on PC while the console version was developed, and we're given a one-time opportunity to have their accounts transferred to the console platform of their choice. Zeni has said repeatedly that they do not intend to offer transfers again at any point in the future.

If you want to play on PC you will have to start from scratch. Many people have done it, I don't think any have regretted it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much money to be made if people were allowed to transfer accounts between platforms. They would sell thousands of more games. I just dont get why it wasnt implemented along time ago.
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    If they said they have no intention of doing it again that was just stupid. You should never back yourself into a corner like that. Especially away from a large money making opportunity and a large increase in player base.
    Edited by UnversedNumber3 on November 1, 2017 6:58PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because I imagine the contract between ZOS and the console providers prohibits cross-platform transfers. Why would the console providers agree to customers being transferred away from their service?

Plus I suspect it involves a lot of work which they were prepared to do as a one-off gesture to a lot of customers by way of promoting the console versions at their launch but which wouldn't be viable on a one-off basis.

As for the criticism of them saying they'll never do it again, contrary to the interpretation some like to put on every utterance ZOS make it isn't something that is set in stone and incapable of being revised in different circumstances, so they haven't backed themselves into a corner, rather they've made it clear that they have no current plans to permit such transfers so as not to give players false hope.
    Edited by Tandor on November 1, 2017 7:06PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC is so so so much better you won't regret it.

My toon was only CP 250 on Xbox when I switched to PC, I haven't looked back since.

The lorebook and skyshard add-ons alone is worth it.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if you do move to PC and happen to end up on the EU server I will surely help you out with gear and guilds and everything in between.
  • mikecrci
    mikecrci
    ✭✭✭
    I said this in another thread, but isn’t transfer between servers prohibited by the basic physical laws which govern the universe?

In your current server, your toons’ actions either directly or indirectly affected your macrocosmo’s history. Cutting and pasting your existence into a foreign universe is prohibited. You’d be like a malignant virus infecting a host.
    Edited by mikecrci on November 1, 2017 7:27PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    PC is so so so much better you won't regret it.

My toon was only CP 250 on Xbox when I switched to PC, I haven't looked back since.

The lorebook and skyshard add-ons alone is worth it.

Let's just say that different players enjoy different aspects. I transferred to xbox on release and I haven't wanted to ever go back. I get on PC to test the PTS, that is more than sufficient to kill any thoughts of going back to PC.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that, kid.

To be honest, I got to 160cp in less than 8 hours of gameplay on PC. Though, I had some friends that crafted me some training gear and provided me with coin for ambrosias.

Grinded in Greenshade.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I already donated most of it to my guild.

dammit I'm so poor
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Now if you do move to PC and happen to end up on the EU server I will surely help you out with gear and guilds and everything in between.

I am NA, thank you for the offer though.
  • sanctus31
    sanctus31
    Soul Shriven
    I think it idiotic zos won't let us transfer platforms! I mean we're ready to pay for the transfer so they should make it available.
    So many of my friends had quit the game already because of poor customer support I just think it's sad :-(
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was no transfer, they copied your PC account to the consoles. So you kept your PC account and got another PS4 / One account additionally. That's something different.
    sanctus31 wrote: »
    I think it idiotic zos won't let us transfer platforms! I mean we're ready to pay for the transfer so they should make it available.
    So many of my friends had quit the game already because of poor customer support I just think it's sad :-(

I think it's technically impossible or too risky / complicated. If they could do it they would offer a paid service.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 18, 2018 8:07PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much money to be made if people were allowed to transfer accounts between platforms. They would sell thousands of more games. I just dont get why it wasnt implemented along time ago.

Which will make ZOS more money in the long run making people start over and make them buy all of their crown store toys and DLCs or letting someone transfer from platfrom to platform once maybe twice?
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone I took about a 6 month break from scroll after I got a new PC. I was wondering if there is now a way to transfer my xbox account onto PC? I have almost 900 hours into my account on xbox and dont really want to start over.

900 hours... I'm around 7000 :(