Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I play ESO for two months. According to Steam – 313 hours. I was subscribed to ESO Plus Membership between 20.12. and 20.01. but I canceled it. I will probably get one more month in the feature.

If you don‘t play game regularly there is no point in subscription. I will now comment every part from my own perspective.
    Full access to all DLC game packs
    I admit I am generally not impressed at all.
    Imperial City – I absolutely don‘t like WGT group dungeon. Both dungeons should be small DLC, and IC and Sewers should be part of the game. Anyway, I would maybe buy on sale.
    Orsinium – There is nothing I like there. I cleared delves, public dungeons, took skyshards and did Orzorga‘s quests in one day and that‘s it.
    Thieves Guild – I really liked and enjoyed the main story and side quests, I like skill line, heists are mostly big BS but that‘s it.
    Dark Brootherhood – I really despise this DLC and I hardly get enough good will to get 3 skills, get skyshards and kill world bosses and never came back.
    Shadows of Hist and Horns of the Reach – I did them for skills and that‘s it.
    Clockwork City – I really liked main story, got all skyshards and killed world bosses but I don‘t like Dwemer architecture at all so didn‘t come back after it.

The worst thing about having access to all DLCs is random daily premium dungeon finder! I am sick of WGT so I started to dc when I got into it.
    Unlimited storage for crafting materials
    If you are not into crafting and hoarding a lot of useless c.ap – but it can be properly done with mule characters… It‘s nice but nothing you can live without.
    1500 crowns per month for mounts, pets, & more
    I only spent crowns to buy Dominion hair war locks and that‘s it. My biggest issue is that I would buy Leopard mount but you need 100 gems which you get from Crown crates. Thank you very much :). I am not against it, and I personally don‘t care as long as they are not P2W. Yes, it would be nice to have cool mount but it‘s cosmetics after all so I don‘t care. So basically I don‘t have incestives to spend crowns.
    Double Bank space for your account
    Great if you are hoarder.
    10% increase to Gold & Experience acquisition
    Nice perk but you can live without it.
    10% increase to Crafting Inspiration & Trait Research rates
    Nice perk but you can live without it. If you are not into crafting, mostly useless.
    Double Furnishings & Collectibles space in player housing
    I am not into housing.
    Exclusive ability to dye costumes
    I hardly use costimes, I don‘t care about dyeing so another useless thing for me.
    Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals
    Nice perk but I don‘t farm TC anyway so useless for me.

Bottom line
    I will get one more month and that would be probably that until they fix Cyrodiil and give more incestives.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500 crowns to buy what? Everything with any pizzazz is in loot crates
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s of no value. I’d rather just buy dlc....eso plus is like financing everything on credit

Read this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391834/outfit-dying-is-not-free-for-eso-plus-members
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 24, 2018 10:02PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already own all DLCs.
    Double bank space is useless when you get a crafting bag.
    Personally, costume dying and costumes will die with the upcoming transmog.
    In my opinion, now that we will get house storage, one big chest is enough for all of the essential crafting materials.
    geodes can be stored in the bank or house storage.

Only 2 reasons left to buy ESO+:
    Double home space
    and 1,500 crowns (its 1$ cheaper if you buy ESO+ for a month compared to 1,500 crowns of direct price in steam for my currency) but with the penalty of 1 month wait.

The only time i will buy ESO which is likely for a month only, is when i have all my furnitures ready to fill out my house with the double home space. Otherwise, its just not worth it.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Just use mules”

CoordinatedClumsyBeetle-size_restricted.gif
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bc
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I hope OP doesn't play on European (EU) server.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • TheAtomicOption
    TheAtomicOption
    Soul Shriven
    ESO Plus may be a good deal *relative* to buying crowns, but your big list of "skip coffee" type stuff is absolute ***. People like me who are legitimately poor are *already* doing all of those IRL money-saving things just to make rent. I really don't have extra money to throw at a game. Other people might just not be certain they're going to stick with the game for another full month or don't play more than a couple hours per month because they're busy.

so yes, there are very good reasons some people don't buy ESO Plus. A lot of these would be solved if you could buy ESO Plus tokens from other players with in game currency, like has been very successful in other online games. But we're still waiting on zenimax to get with the times.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    ESO Plus membership gives you all of this:
    • Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store
    • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month)
    • Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag)
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory

And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
    1. Making your own coffee
    2. Bringing your own drinks
    3. Using your library
    4. Buying generic-label grocery items
    5. Switching off lights when not in use
    6. Watching movies from home
    7. Sticking to your shopping list
    8. Lowering/raising your thermostat when you're not home

The bottom line is that being an ESO Plus member will greatly increase your enjoyment, and if you regularly buy crowns, you're losing out.

Been thinking of going ESO Plus, but the major why I haven't in the past...is that I buy a DLC, once, and don't have to worry about forking out another $15/mos for 6 months, or until the next DLC I want. If I only grab a DLC every 6 months, that's $80 I'm actually saving. Yes, members get some nice perks, and since I have several characters, and mounts becoming account wide leveled, as well as a few other things, it does make having an ESO Plus membership more enticing.

However, I think many who are just coming back or starting new altogether, a membership is still a lot of a commitment.

If ZOS offered a $7.50 plan where you just got the bare minimum, like more storage in the houses, maybe a perk of an extra 100 slots in your bank or something, along with a few vouchers for special dye assortments, that would be nice.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love eso plus we started playing this game, found out about eso plus and got straight away.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    I play ESO for two months.
    Unlimited storage for crafting materials
    If you are not into crafting and hoarding a lot of useless c.ap – but it can be properly done with mule characters… It‘s nice but nothing you can live without.

Good on you, sir! You are clearly a highly skilled player that doesn't need all the pesky benefits that only befit casuals. No need to stick around either. Just move on. Nothing to see here.
    Edited by TheCyberDruid on February 12, 2018 9:21PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My reasons for not getting it? Well, being transgender isn't cheap
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    It cost more money, and my broke college student ass doesn't want to spend that money for a minor increase of convenience in game
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Access to all DLC game packs
    • Access to the Craft Bag
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory

And it only costs $15/month.

The bottom line is that being an ESO Plus member will greatly increase your enjoyment, and if you regularly buy crowns, you're losing out.

I am a long time player and subscriber, and the current useful benefits out of my subscription are bolded above.

All of that I can play the game without. Even the crafting bag. My decision to remain a subscriber is, therefore, not tied to the benefits of doing so. I am not trapped into ESO Plus. The benefits are merely a perk.

I subscribe to ESO Plus because the game is worth playing, and while playing the game, I want those optional perks. As long as ZOS can keep the game worth playing, and keep monetization and punitive game design to a minimum, I will continue to subscribe. If I feel that they are stepping out of line, I am perfectly willing to play without ESO Plus. If it gets bad enough, I am perfectly willing to play without spending any more money on the game. However, if it gets to that point, it probably won't be a game that is worth playing, and I will stop.

You do know you don't have to subscribe to actually play the game :p
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    I was spendig 200+ per month for cigarettes until i stopped smoking, so why not spending 15 per month for my favorite game (yes I love it, even with all the bugs it still has)... for me the benefits are worth it.. :smile:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    • Access to all DLC game packs
    • Access to the Craft Bag
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing

And it only costs $15/month.

I am a long time player and subscriber, and the current useful benefits out of my subscription are bolded above.

All of that I can play the game without. Even the crafting bag. My decision to remain a subscriber is, therefore, not tied to the benefits of doing so. I am not trapped into ESO Plus. The benefits are merely a perk.

I subscribe to ESO Plus because the game is worth playing, and while playing the game, I want those optional perks. As long as ZOS can keep the game worth playing, and keep monetization and punitive game design to a minimum, I will continue to subscribe. If I feel that they are stepping out of line, I am perfectly willing to play without ESO Plus. If it gets bad enough, I am perfectly willing to play without spending any more money on the game. However, if it gets to that point, it probably won't be a game that is worth playing, and I will stop.

You do know you don't have to subscribe to actually play the game :p

No, I do not. ZOS and Bethesda are perfectly fine with that, as well. I pay the subscription, along with what I am sure is the majority of the active players in the game. I subscribe to ESO Plus because the game is worth playing, and while playing the game, I want those optional perks. That might be different from why others pay, but that is why I do.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Volcannon
    Volcannon
    ✭✭
    Because I can't buy ESO Plus with my Xbox Currency. I find the idea of being forced to either have a credit card, or buy a prepaid credit card stupid.

So until they give us the option to use our Xbox One Currency as payment, then I am most likely going to be a non-member forever.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I can understand money issues, I have been broke in my life. More than once. It happens sometimes trying to get businesses going. I have been the starving college student, I have been laid off. People have to prioritize and kids/spouse/family come first.

However for those who have a discretionary entertainment budget, meaning media and/or any fun or meaningful activity outside the house that costs money, and you like playing the game, its $15.

That is lunch for one person in most cities, a movie, maybe with some sketchy popcorn, 1/10th the cost of a decent seat at a major sporting event, OK, a seat at a minor league setting. You can see where I am going, in the scheme of things, this is cheap entertainment.

And the game is better with the sub.

This. I dropped my sub when I was laid off. I've started my own business since then and am now at the point where I feel like I can sub again.

The point is, life happens.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:33PM
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Volcannon wrote: »
    Because I can't buy ESO Plus with my Xbox Currency. I find the idea of being forced to either have a credit card, or buy a prepaid credit card stupid.

So until they give us the option to use our Xbox One Currency as payment, then I am most likely going to be a non-member forever.
    This is really weird. I see you can only buy one mothe only, right? Up to 6 months on PC and PS4, too.
    Also, on Steam we can (and I did it) buy Plus Membership with Steam Wallet.
    As I understand Xbox Currency is the same?

• Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
    1. Making your own coffee
    2. Bringing your own drinks
    3. Using your library
    4. Buying generic-label grocery items
    5. Switching off lights when not in use
    6. Watching movies from home
    7. Sticking to your shopping list
    8. Lowering/raising your thermostat when you're not home

I dislike complacency, as demonstrated above, very much.
    Since I have a life, I do not play enough to warrant an ESO+.

• YAVAY
    YAVAY
    ✭✭
    Why they can not make a subscription designer? If I need a bag/bank I'm willing to pay 5$. If I need more experience or a crowns I'm willing to pay another 5$, if I need access to the DLC, let it be all in the amount of 15$. I think then many more people will choose the ECOplus they need and pay as much as they like.

100 players with 5$ = 500$
    10 players with 15$ = 150$
    Or (90*5$)+(10*15$)=600$
    Simple arifmethics.

I'm morally not willing to spend $ 15 a month on games, even if I can afford it. But I would like to use some of the ESOplus possibilities, if I could choose them for a fee.
    Life, I love you! Do you want me to kill them all for you? I would do something else, but I can't... © DeathSmall House Rainar
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the feeling of having an obligation to play the game. That essentially is the reason why i chose to walk away from WoW.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you sub 6 months at a time, $156 a year for a game that has far less new annual content than the typical AAA game. That is an absurd number to repeat the same content over and over again. Crafting bag are great, but storage simulator isn't enough for me.

And please stop saying that the crowns are free. ESO+ is a package. You pay the money and get a list of benefits.

As someone who will never spend on a cent on a cosmetic item, crowns become pointless. There is nothing left of value to me for me to spend them on. I have the assistants. I have all the slots. Any new crowns will just wait for another slot opening.

I am also not going to spend crowns for things I can get in game because I am not going to spend my money on things I can get in game. I get games to play them, not to buy completion.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 9, 2018 3:16PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can only play during weekends, and not all of them. If I could pay for en ESO plus weekend I´d consider it, but paying for wasting 22-23 days of the product...
  • YAVAY
    YAVAY
    ✭✭
    Or as another option. Daily fee. If a player enters the game, then 1 day of subscription on ESOplus is debited from his account. If he don't enters the game, then account not change.
    I play not every day, and I maybe will to prefer this option.
    Life, I love you! Do you want me to kill them all for you? I would do something else, but I can't... © DeathSmall House Rainar
  • Caliope
    Caliope
    I have ESO plus simply because I prefer to pay for the games that have an 'upkeep', i.e. online games. I threw more money into games where I bought currency than in subs.

on the other hand, many good reasons exist not to sub, not having the money being the most important one of course, but I'm still happy those ppl play anyway simply because there are then more ppl to play with.

I still think the sub is a good choice if you have the money and play at least every other day or so.
    Edited by Caliope on April 12, 2018 12:00PM
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Part of what made me enjoy the original Deus Ex as well as it's more modern iterations as well as games like Dead Space and also Resident Evil are the limited bagspace. I think the limited bag space is a system that fits into the RPG genre very well, and for me personally spending time fitting things into my bag i find therapeutic and somewhat enjoyable therefore i find the need for a bottomless bag though nice unnecessary for me personally.

With regards to the DLCs i usually purchase them with the crowns from the sale which makes them cheap.

Also, part of the reason why i stopped playing WoW was the game time as it makes me feel obligated to log on and play the game everyday despite not actually wanting to.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:54PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:34PM