The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

RP character "styles"(like "comander","thief"e.t.c.)

shadowlightmaster
shadowlightmaster
Soul Shriven
i don't know if it's the correct place to post this discussion. At least is RP related :smile:

I had a thought that ZOS could add some styles like...... prophet (Varen Aquilarios). i always liked the way he walks or stands....i believe it's ideal for an old-wise character, ready to play his role in RP as a teacher,with enough knowledge to give advices to others or as a lore reasercher.(In combact i imagine him as a healer mostly). It came to my mind as i was participating in a RP session ;)
Would it be a good idea?
Interested to here your opinions(ZOS and Players) :smiley:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These exist, and they're called Personalities.

Telvanni Magister, for example, can be earned in Morrowwind. In alters your idle stance and a several emotes--for instance, /read makes you levitate two books and read them simultaneously.

There's also Jester, Dutchess, Commander, Heroic, Assassin and probably a few I forgot. They all tweak idle animations, some adjust walk/run animations, and then each have some emotes they change.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • shadowlightmaster
    shadowlightmaster
    Soul Shriven

Telvanni Magister, for example, can be earned in Morrowwind. In alters your idle stance and a several emotes--for instance, /read makes you levitate two books and read them simultaneously.

There's also Jester, Dutchess, Commander, Heroic, Assassin and probably a few I forgot. They all tweak idle animations, some adjust walk/run animations, and then each have some emotes they change.

thanks DealdyRecluse( i forgot how they call them) :D

Although i don't remember if the personality i descibe above exists.....
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

thanks DealdyRecluse( i forgot how they call them) :D

Although i don't remember if the personality i descibe above exists.....

Telvanni Magister is probably the closest to the one you describe, but yeah it's not quite right. And makes you look really judgmental : P
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • shadowlightmaster
    shadowlightmaster
    Soul Shriven

Telvanni Magister is probably the closest to the one you describe, but yeah it's not quite right. And makes you look really judgmental : P

Yea...i just saw some videos.....no,Telvani Magister's is look like a librarian. What i am thinking is something more "old",someone with experience in life(e.x. Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter movies or our beloved Prophet, Varen).
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Varen stands with his staff out resting on the ground, using it for support when he walks. It looks a lot like standing and walking with a restoration staff out (destruction staff is held somewhat horizontal, restoration staff vertical and resting on the ground). In fact I wonder if the "old man" look is really part of the animation, or if he's just using the standard restoration staff standing and walking animations, and the old man look is the result of his body mesh having a bit of a bend in the upper spine, causing his shoulders to hunch forward.
  • shadowlightmaster
    shadowlightmaster
    Soul Shriven
    Varen stands with his staff out resting on the ground, using it for support when he walks. It looks a lot like standing and walking with a restoration staff out (destruction staff is held somewhat horizontal, restoration staff vertical and resting on the ground). In fact I wonder if the "old man" look is really part of the animation, or if he's just using the standard restoration staff standing and walking animations, and the old man look is the result of his body mesh having a bit of a bend in the upper spine, causing his shoulders to hunch forward.

i have also noticed that he is standing like using restoraction staff as a cane which is like a standard healer "ready for combact" mode....i have never tried to walk,tho...(and i can't try now cause of maintance) :'(
    Anyway....possibly with the walking mode, this personality can be accomplished for 65% or so.
    But they could make it better with a real in game personality ;)
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto staff walk isn't quite the same. However, I think what we're all trying to say here is this:

ZOS, hear our call! We humbly request of thee more personalities, and more variety in them. We love what you have already done, please be so kind as to bequeath to us what we desire. In return we shall shower you with all the crowns you could desire (as long as it's after payday and it's, like, a reasonable desire. Like, we probably wouldn't spend 10k crowns on a single personality, but anything under that should be fine). Praise be to thine divine will!
    Edited by Marginis on February 12, 2018 6:36PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • shadowlightmaster
    shadowlightmaster
    Soul Shriven
    Marginis wrote: »
    Resto staff walk isn't quite the same. However, I think what we're all trying to say here is this:

ZOS, hear our call! We humbly request of thee more personalities, and more variety in them. We love what you have already done, please be so kind as to bequeath to us what we desire. In return we shall shower you with all the crowns you could desire (as long as it's after payday and it's, like, a reasonable desire. Like, we probably wouldn't spend 10k crowns on a single personality, but anything under that should be fine). Praise be to thine divine will!

Well.......i usually not asking for something in such "ceremonial" ways, but everyone has its own way of asking. In general, this is what we are trying to say..... and as a result both players and ZOS can win.....money for ZOS,fun for players,both happy. ;)
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well.......i usually not asking for something in such "ceremonial" ways, but everyone has its own way of asking. In general, this is what we are trying to say..... and as a result both players and ZOS can win.....money for ZOS,fun for players,both happy. ;)

I read "RP" and I wanted to get into it X3.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • shadowlightmaster
    shadowlightmaster
    Soul Shriven

I read "RP" and I wanted to get into it X3.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: