Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STOP letting group Q'ing into cyrodiil PLEASE!

Herbatio
Herbatio
✭✭✭
this group q'ing exploit is ridiculous, bad enough we have to fight team orange but when its obvious red has overwhelmingly more numbers its just wrong, i know they like full faction zerging but it's ridiculous, get rid of the group q'ing and end this madness NOW!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Queuing as a group doesn't let you circumvent the pop-lock or the queue.

However, if you're referring to the fairly well know exploit wherein someone in one faction is given crown over a bunch of players in another faction and queues them in, bypassing the second faction's queue and probably counting them under the first faction's numbers...

A. ZOS has never (as far as I know) confirmed that this exists and works the way we think it does, nor does ZOS seem to have a fix if it does. They did something to the queue during the Midyear Mayhem event, but that change seems to have been reverted.
    B. Everyone thinks that the other factions use it but their own faction is made up of saints who would never do such a cheaty thing. I guarantee you that if you think DC is getting hit by this exploit, EP thinks they are, and so does AD.
    C. Its a cheat and an exploit to bypass the queue and certainly not something that can be done unknowingly. However, short of players admitting that they do it, its pretty hard for us players to see whether or not its actually occurring. Its on ZOS to investigate and make a fix if necessary, but see point A for how well that's gone.

Now if the problem is just greater numbers, I regularly play EP on PC/NA and its very easy to feel like we're the only group holding the north or the only group holding the south, and where is the rest of EP! They all must of logged on their AD and DC toons! That's what it feels like...but I've got enough experience PVPing to know that just isn't true. Just because those players aren't where I am or aren't where I think they should be doesn't mean they are in Cyrodiil playing and PVPing how they want to PVP. So a lot of this feeling of being constantly outnumbered is simply confirmation bias and focusing on my own play instead of the bigger picture of the whole zone.

If there's some other exploit involved with group queue, you need to be clearer about what you mean.

Bottom line, until ZOS decides to be transparent about Cyrodiil population (almost certainly not going to happen), there's little us players can do except keep pressuring ZOS to investigate and report any players admitting it.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    It is a FACT that the group q exploit exists and is used regularly. Just this past week I had a guild member contacted by a member in his trading guild asking if they could use him as group lead to bring in a group to cyro. It was for EP...the exploitingest faction by far for all things cheat IMO. The fact ZOS has refused to address this (just make it so ALL folks entering Cyrodiil come solo...a child could fix it.) speaks volumes about their lack of concern for exploiting in their game in general, and about pvp in particular. I do agree that much about the system ZOS uses for population management is not readily available. But this is a well known exploit that's been around a loooong time and they haven't done *** to address it. They should be ashamed, but sadly are apparantly so far removed from accountability for their product that it's impossible for them to ever see their short comings in their true light. They sit around bouncing their own opinions off of each others foreheads, and have the view that their customers are idiots who will complain no matter what....so they are best just ignored. That's just a damn shame because there's so much good about this game. They need to care more and be more accountable to their player base. But I think I have a better chance of winning the Powerball twice next week than that ever happening.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a FACT that the group q exploit exists and is used regularly. Just this past week I had a guild member contacted by a member in his trading guild asking if they could use him as group lead to bring in a group to cyro. It was for EP...the exploitingest faction by far for all things cheat IMO. The fact ZOS has refused to address this (just make it so ALL folks entering Cyrodiil come solo...a child could fix it.) speaks volumes about their lack of concern for exploiting in their game in general, and about pvp in particular. I do agree that much about the system ZOS uses for population management is not readily available. But this is a well known exploit that's been around a loooong time and they haven't done *** to address it. They should be ashamed, but sadly are apparantly so far removed from accountability for their product that it's impossible for them to ever see their short comings in their true light. They sit around bouncing their own opinions off of each others foreheads, and have the view that their customers are idiots who will complain no matter what....so they are best just ignored. That's just a damn shame because there's so much good about this game. They need to care more and be more accountable to their player base. But I think I have a better chance of winning the Powerball twice next week than that ever happening.

I'm going to repeat this part of my post:
    "B. Everyone thinks that the other factions use it but their own faction is made up of saints who would never do such a cheaty thing. I guarantee you that if you think DC is getting hit by this exploit, EP thinks they are, and so does AD."
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"B. Everyone thinks that the other factions use it but their own faction is made up of saints who would never do such a cheaty thing. I guarantee you that if you think DC is getting hit by this exploit, EP thinks they are, and so does AD."

I can guarantee, I'm no Saint lol. I'm just outmost shy to speak and prefer not say nor write lfg. I don't even bother to Ask. Well I guess that does make me a Saint. Not to mention me AD/EP. But I Promise I'm no Saint due to read of what I am and currently doing...
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    It gives me no solace to think that my faction might also be exploiting this....I want ZOS to do it's damned job and end the practice once and for all. It's a VERY EASY FIX! Simply require all who enter Cyrodiil to do so solo instead of as a group. Tada!!! An easy fix ZOS should be ready and willing to embrace. Then why hasn't it happened to date? Because ZOS has practically ZERO interest in pvP in it's game...and is focused almost entirely on the selling of items in it's crown store. "But carpe", you might say, "aren't ya being awefully harsh in your assessment of ZOS and it's developers?" To which i would reply "you better freaking believe it!". It should be obvious to everybody by now that the dev managers have so insulated themselves from the voice of the people that it's laughable to believe otherwise. I actually picture the tin eared autocrats sitting in staff meetings laughing hysterically when discussing the latest complaints of their player base. IMO it's one thing to be unfairly criticized by the community for things beyond it's control, such as a certain amount of internet latency,etc. It's a well known fact that gamers can be an ornery bunch at times and not always reasonable. But to adopt as policy the view that ALL criticism derives from fools and thus is unworthy of attention? Well...that makes you a tin eared, out of touch, arrogant buffoon. And it's from this very well that mediocrity and shoddy performance spring up. ZOS has earned the scorn directed against it and should be more willing to engage it's player base (Paying customers most) and expend resources to fix what needs fixing. Especially when fixing the group Q bug exploit is such an easy fix. There's simply no good reason to IGNORE the issue any longer, unless driving away paying customers is the goal.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Well...it may have taken awhile, but I say mucho gracias to ZOS devs for finally fixing the group queue exploit! Rereading my posts here made me cringe a tad...musta just come off some long, frustrating Cyrodiil shifts to be that ornery! :wink:
    Thanks again!
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most nights AD has a Q far less than the others. That’s why it’s harder to believe AD is doing it. Why would am AD Q for over a 100 on DC when our q was 15?
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most nights AD has a Q far less than the others. That’s why it’s harder to believe AD is doing it. Why would am AD Q for over a 100 on DC when our q was 15?

Maybe because I'm EP and I never see your AD queue, nor do I regularly ask DC and AD players "Hey, what's your queue?"

I do hear from my raid mates what the EP queue is and tend to assume that, with the percentage of queue-hopping scumbags being relatively equal on all populations, that everyone has a similar queue. Unless, of course, one faction is boost our queue numbers and not theirs, in which case theirs would necessarily be lower.

In other words, if AD's queue is 15, its possible that your number of players wanting to come into Cyrodiil are actually that low, in which case you have my condolences. However, if I were a suspicious and conspiracy minded person, which I'm generally not so this is all hypothetical, if several groups of AD had already queued over using DC's queue, that might also explain while your queue is 15 and DC's queue is 100. In that case, AD had grabbed slots that should have belonged to DC, resulting in less AD players needing to queue for AD and more DC waiting to get into Cyrodiil.

In any case, its all academic with this new patch, assuming the fix works.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe because I'm EP and I never see your AD queue, nor do I regularly ask DC and AD players "Hey, what's your queue?"

I do hear from my raid mates what the EP queue is and tend to assume that, with the percentage of queue-hopping scumbags being relatively equal on all populations, that everyone has a similar queue. Unless, of course, one faction is boost our queue numbers and not theirs, in which case theirs would necessarily be lower.

In other words, if AD's queue is 15, its possible that your number of players wanting to come into Cyrodiil are actually that low, in which case you have my condolences. However, if I were a suspicious and conspiracy minded person, which I'm generally not so this is all hypothetical, if several groups of AD had already queued over using DC's queue, that might also explain while your queue is 15 and DC's queue is 100. In that case, AD had grabbed slots that should have belonged to DC, resulting in less AD players needing to queue for AD and more DC waiting to get into Cyrodiil.

In any case, its all academic with this new patch, assuming the fix works.

I have friends on all factions and average q’s for DC and EP are at least 40% higher than AD on average. Imo EP does it the most just from reading chats from guilds.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Just this past week I had a guild member contacted by a member in his trading guild asking if they could use him as group lead to bring in a group to cyro.

I’m guessing that that person, and his group, just didn’t have what campaign they wanted in set as either their home or guest, so they could not queue for it.

Example, I have Home set as Shor, guest as Vivec, I ask a buddy who has Sotha Sil set as his home to queue me into Sotha Sil so I don’t have to change my guest or home. This doesn’t break the population of the campaign I’m joining, and doesn’t bypass the queue in any way.

Beren Tinamion | Nightblade