The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the cottage

Delphinia
Delphinia
✭✭✭✭✭
I know it's a bit early, but in honor of Valentine's day, I wanted to share a little work I did at my cottage.
I tend to let my homes tell their own stories.. (as I'm sure many of your homes have stories to tell as well) and this one, was a bit different than I'd expected.
I hope you enjoy and thank you for watching.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone <3
https://youtu.be/kukSdxZqMQA
Edited by Delphinia on January 31, 2018 9:41PM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This video is very depressing
    it started and I thought:
    let's see how that place is decorated, I kind of dislike it but some skilled one can make a nice house out of it

after a bit:
    wtf is this? RPers stuff

after another bit:
    cliché for days

after a while:
    this is very sad

near the end:
    no, please, don't do that

at the end:
    damn

I don't like that house and wouldn't have decorated in that style for my taste but you did great with the story :) text, music, it's touching. And the house fits.
    Now you will excuse me, I must cry for a bit :'(

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    let's see how that place is decorated, I kind of dislike it but some skilled one can make a nice house out of it

after a bit:
    wtf is this? RPers stuff

after another bit:
    cliché for days

after a while:
    this is very sad

near the end:

at the end:
    damn

I don't like that house and wouldn't have decorated in that style for my taste but you did great with the story :) text, music, it's touching. And the house fits.

Thank you for your comment :)
    I probably should have said it's more about the "story".. less, the house lol.. I wrote it in a way that was meant to be from another time .. forgive if it comes off too cliché.. I am one of those people that will cry during Hallmark commercials sometimes and Lifetime movies ;) I do not rp, but my homes seem to want to.
    It's just meant to tell a brief story and the house, well, I wanted to do something a little different with the exorcised coven cottage.. so, I started with flowers and then, it just kind of ended up being a quaint and simple design.
    It's really just there purely as entertainment, so cry or laugh at it.. I hope it at least offered some mild form of that..
    and thank you again for taking the time to comment :)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, this is awesome, Del. Lovely idea to use your house to tell a story. I teared up a bit, too.

—Ardeth (from the housing guild)
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

after a bit:
    wtf is this? RPers stuff

after another bit:
    cliché for days

after a while:
    this is very sad

near the end:

at the end:
    damn

I probably should have said it's more about the "story".. less, the house lol.. I wrote it in a way that was meant to be from another time .. forgive if it comes off too cliché.. I am one of those people that will cry during Hallmark commercials sometimes and Lifetime movies ;) I do not rp, but my homes seem to want to.
    It's just meant to tell a brief story and the house, well, I wanted to do something a little different with the exorcised coven cottage.. so, I started with flowers and then, it just kind of ended up being a quaint and simple design.
    It's really just there purely as entertainment, so cry or laugh at it.. I hope it at least offered some mild form of that..

No really, it was awesome. The cliché part seemed at the beginning (anyway, I don't dislike clichés either ;)), then I understood what was going on and became pretty sad. Btw I got very surprised overall, wasn't expecting something like that when I've clicked on the video, my comment was just sincere and you are a talented storyteller. Thank you for sharing! :)
    If you'll post more houses stories I will certainly watch/enjoy.

oh, and the cat on the window waiting for the return really killed me... :'(
    Edited by RANKK7 on February 1, 2018 5:00AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it! Was that incense hidden in the pie? It’s hard to bring life to this system and sometimes a touch like that can be a game changer. It’s also necessary if you’re going to pull off a story. Well done.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

after a bit:
    wtf is this? RPers stuff

after another bit:
    cliché for days

after a while:
    this is very sad

near the end:

at the end:
    damn

No really, it was awesome. The cliché part seemed at the beginning (anyway, I don't dislike clichés either ;)), then I understood what was going on and became pretty sad. Btw I got very surprised overall, wasn't expecting something like that when I've clicked on the video, my comment was just sincere and you are a talented storyteller. Thank you for sharing! :)
    If you'll post more houses stories I will certainly watch/enjoy.

oh, and the cat on the window waiting for the return really killed me... :'(

You are very kind, thank you. That means a lot to me. :blush:
    My husband and I talked about the story and he commented how sad it was given that she's pregnant... my response was "Yes, but who is going to take care of the cats?!" lol So, for me too, that was the part that really got to me as well.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it! Was that incense hidden in the pie? It’s hard to bring life to this system and sometimes a touch like that can be a game changer. It’s also necessary if you’re going to pull off a story. Well done.

tysm :blush:
    You are absolutely correct. Very perceptive! Yes, that was incense hidden in the pie as well as the teapot :wink:
    Maybe one day, they will give many objects the ability to have animation. Then, we can really start to see some life being brought into our homes.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nice. I have to watch it again with sound later :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bumming me out! Lol I actually didn't finish

Very well done
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bumming me out! Lol I actually didn't finish

Very well done

Aww I'm sorry :(
    but, ty kindly for the compliment...
    I promise that if I ever venture to do another one, it will be much happier :)
  • MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    Liking this a lot. Cutely decorated and touching little story. :)
  • ChuckBbaguette
    ChuckBbaguette
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's a bit early, but in honor of Valentine's day, I wanted to share a little work I did at my cottage.
    I tend to let my homes tell their own stories.. (as I'm sure many of your homes have stories to tell as well) and this one, was a bit different than I'd expected.
    I hope you enjoy and thank you for watching.
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone <3
    https://youtu.be/kukSdxZqMQA

;)