The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

normal and vet vivec

Rungar
Rungar
✭✭✭✭✭
it seems while there are a few campaigns they are not properly balanced which leads to waiting in long queues primetime but yet empty campains on all the others.

it seems to me the real problem is that zos is trying to separate players based on level and cp when they should be separating players based on skill/dedication or pvp rank.

i propose to make 2 vivecs and limit the access based on pvp rank. 20-25 and under is vivec normal, 21-26 up is vivec vet though you could join vivec vet at any time but get priority queue if your the appropriate pvp rank.

vivec vet would have slightly better rewards by design like any vet dungeon/trial.

so instead of 4 campaigns you would only have the 2 vivecs and the no cp campaign.

This might consolidate players in a way that will relieve the queue and make maximum use of campaigns. It also makes the pvp learning curve less steep for newer pvpers.

normal and vet works for the rest of the game, don't know why they don't have it here.
It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They already have a PvP campaign for new players. Creating campaigns accessible to higher ranking players doesn't make sense. Look at sotha sil EU for example. The map is constantly red, meaning even lazy or inexperienced players get high up the ranks without doing or learning much. Just follow the zerg. Down the line this "issue" of having lots of inexperienced players would come up again. PvP in this game is all about zerging, not skill or rank. The highest population wins in most cases.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I could list 100 things wrong with this idea (which is obviously a insta-made-up idea purely as a response to something personally irritating, in this case, delayed Campaign entry). I want to start listing things wrong with this but I won't.

I will just say that the very ethos here is the problem...
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One question. What are you planning to do about experienced PVPers starting new characters?

I've got one character at Praetorian (Rank 34), but I recently started playing in Vivec on my Stam Warden and am working my way back up the ranks as a Lieutenant (Rank 18) right now. Oh, and both characters run with an organized raid in a PVP guild.

Are you planning on making PVP rank account-wide? Should anyone with the "Former Emperor" title get priority queue? (Yeah, i know that's not a great indicator of every emperor's experience, but it takes a certain amount of PVP experience nonetheless.)

This fails on the merits as a practical idea. But it would presumably get you in faster, which is apparently your goal.

P.S. If I wanted to avoid Vivec's queues and still play in CP, I'd play in PC/NA Shor instead. Shor is simply not competitive. Vivec is. I play in Vivec for the high population and the competition and I'm willing to spend time in queue for it. I really doubt a second Vivec is going to be competitive anymore than Shor is now.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Rank is a terrible indication of player skill. I just hit Captain and I still suck at PvP, and other people can rank up just by spending all their time inside the safety of Keeps repairing the walls.

And yes I realize Rank 19 is still a far cry from 50 but I barely go into Cyrodiil as is.
    Edited by ArchMikem on February 6, 2018 2:21PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no

If I can't slay high rank scrubs I would have to wait to get my Grand Overlord Slayer achievement on new toons till I get high enough on ranking and I despise AP farms.

Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
    Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    It also makes the pvp learning curve less steep for newer pvpers.
    Having a high pvp rank doesn't make you a good player. I've killed so many Generals - Grand Overlords that I can't even remember how many. I have "kill a Grand Overlord" and even "kill the Emperor" on all my characters. PvP ranks mean nothing so your idea wouldn't work. A new player could be facing a Sergeant in the under 25 campaign who's a lot stronger than most 26 and up.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol if only rank mean skills.
    How about the famous vivec 5 star ad magplar something ‘thall’ who only spam darkflare?
    And the dc magsorc something ‘bret’ who only hard cast crystal frag?
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One question. What are you planning to do about experienced PVPers starting new characters?

Exactly this.

My healer is almost Alliance Rank 40.

My Magicka Nightblade has never done PvP.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 6, 2018 8:40PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad-Idea.png?fit=609%2C411
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never base anything off pvp rank in this game especially since they have Givin use two pvp events and A LOT of people farmed there ranks we have a few people on Xbox NA with rank 50 and only at 300 CP and 5k kills. And if your an experienced pvp player then nothing will stop them by making a new toon and just going into a new campaign.
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on February 6, 2018 9:27PM
    Options