Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CC break is broken

Solohope
Solohope
✭✭✭
I was dueling players and we realized that you have to CC break 2-4 times to break out of a single cc and then wait for like a second before you can cast any more abilities. This is really annoying hope to see it fixed soon so we can properly test the new changes made.
PC NA - @Solohope
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been these kinds of issues around for a very long time. Sadly, the only thing you can do is run immovable pots go guarantee CC immunity... sadly, it is getting nerfed which I would be fine with if bloody CC immunity duration actually worked.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    There have been these kinds of issues around for a very long time. Sadly, the only thing you can do is run immovable pots go guarantee CC immunity... sadly, it is getting nerfed which I would be fine with if bloody CC immunity duration actually worked.

No I mean EVERYONE is having this problem on pts. We stopped dueling because it became pointless.
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the thread i made was ignored. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwLiI27N18
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »
    Since the thread i made was ignored. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwLiI27N18

That's the funniest *** i've ever seen. I didn't experience the no animation bug. lol
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate the crowd controls in eso.
    needs to be removed.
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    i hate the crowd controls in eso.
    needs to be removed.

Ah yes, a competition to see who can stand and block longer, seems like a perfect idea....
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Varxent
    Varxent
    ✭✭
    @varxent PC/NA @varxent1 PC/EU

EP - AVA 32 - Dark Deal - Stamina Sorcerer
    DC - AVA 31 - Major Vitality - Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - AVA 29 - Class Discussion Discord - Magicka Warden
    EP - AVA 19 - Alliance Points - Stamina Necromancer
    EP - AVA 22 - Information Broker - Stamina Templar
    EP - AVA 18 - Vykosa - Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - AVA 16 - Siphoning Attacks - Magicka Nightblade

Bloodsport
    Former ANIMOSITY
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they over tuned the tank nerfs i see... Now I KNOW FEAR IS BROKEN AF

NERF FEAR
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos have said on Twitter they are aware, and it will be fixed before the patch goes live
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    Zos have said on Twitter they are aware, and it will be fixed before the patch goes live

Ah ty.
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports, all. We should have a fix for this in next week's PTS patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

We've removed a few comments for slight bashing. Please be sure to keep all comments constructive.

Thanks.
    Staff Post
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering how unreliable the whole CC mechanic is on live I can't wait to see the "fix"
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On live in a BG capture the relic match I watched a guy pick up a relic while moving and casting healing ward repeatedly. No animation for him to pick up the relic and all the sudden it appeared on his character lol. Additionally, I've been stunned by mag DKs with fossilize and been unable to break free with a full stam bar. Dunno what's up with it. Clearly some sort of issue though.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is fun. Sort of like shuffle and proc sets. Isn’t pvp more fun when you don’t know what may or may not happen?
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on January 31, 2018 8:01PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, all. We should have a fix for this in next week's PTS patch.

Are these fixed? 3.3.4 patch notes don’t mention anything in that regard.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... not a word in the next patch notes about this like promised. More failed dev promises. Guess I won't be doing a single ounce of pvp next patch then.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... not a word in the next patch notes about this like promised. More failed dev promises. Guess I won't be doing a single ounce of pvp next patch then.

In the patch notes thread, Gina said this should be fixed in this patch. No idea if actually it's however.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

if you look at the dev responses, Gina states the patch notes missed mentioning they fixed the CC issue shown in this thread.
      Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    2. itsfatbass
      itsfatbass
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Has anyone gone to test this? I find is fishy to fix something big like this and not even mention it...
      ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
    3. ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Minno wrote: »

if you look at the dev responses, Gina states the patch notes missed mentioning they fixed the CC issue shown in this thread.

Sorry guys, I was incorrect. When double checking with some folks yesterday, it looks like the fix for this issue is not included in PTS v3.3.4 from yesterday. That said, it will be included for the update being published next week.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    4. ak_pvp
      ak_pvp
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Sorry guys, I was incorrect. When double checking with some folks yesterday, it looks like the fix for this issue is not included in PTS v3.3.4 from yesterday. That said, it will be included for the update being published next week.

Will this update include balance changes or simply be a bug fix patch?
      MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
      Best houseknight EU.
    5. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ak_pvp wrote: »

Its the patch that sends the update live, there usually arent any balance stuff going into those, just bug fixes and "polishes"....sadly.

PC EU
      PvP only
    6. QuebraRegra
      QuebraRegra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It is fun. Sort of like shuffle and proc sets. Isn’t pvp more fun when you don’t know what may or may not happen?

RNGeezus combat system ;)
    7. HeroOfNone
      HeroOfNone
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As soon as you're CCed you should be granted CC immunity, breaking free or letting the CC time our then should begin the CC immunity clock down clock. This would prevent many multi CC bugs caused by latency, animation to effect delays, or multiple attackers.
      Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
      Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    8. Domander
      Domander
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      so wait.... this whole update has been tested with broken cc break? oh my
    9. dodgehopper_ESO
      dodgehopper_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Its good to hear. I had a post up about this problem as well. This has seemed to be a problem for a while now.
      US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
      US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
      US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
      US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
      US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
      US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
      EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
      EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
      <And plenty more>
    10. ak_pvp
      ak_pvp
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      olsborg wrote: »
      ak_pvp wrote: »

Its the patch that sends the update live, there usually arent any balance stuff going into those, just bug fixes and "polishes"....sadly.

I suppose so. But last time there were last minute changes. Though they weren't super popular and so I doubt it'll happen again.
      MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
      Best houseknight EU.
    11. WeylandLabs
      WeylandLabs
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why am i seeing CC builds now smh...
    12. f047ys3v3n
      f047ys3v3n
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      HeroOfNone wrote: »
      As soon as you're CCed you should be granted CC immunity, breaking free or letting the CC time our then should begin the CC immunity clock down clock. This would prevent many multi CC bugs caused by latency, animation to effect delays, or multiple attackers.

This one would love to see that change made (but don't expect because, you know, it should have been fixed years ago). The cute little multi-CC macro stam builds that hit you with a combination where if the first lands you die are pretty annoying and will be more so with the duration change to immovable pots. I feel like I'm playing mortal kombat in an arcade back in 1995 with that annoying rich kid whose parents gave him a backpack full of quarters to go away and now he tries to take his frustrations about not being loved out on anybody foolish enough to play him.

It's funny, their stupid off balance change this patch had the same issue (reapplications during duration prevented cooldown from occurring) but they were all about fixing that right quick because Wrobel thinks he has a good idea with his idiotic off balance resource thing. On the other hand, the broken CC immunity thing has been signification hurting the PVP and vMA play experience for years now. Priorities, always do Wrobels next stupid idea before fixing an important thing. At least I don't think this stupid off balance idea will cause any real issues. It seems mostly a waste of time that will just generally lower dps. Most of his other stupid ideas are much more damaging to game experience.
      I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.