Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Same Ol Same Ol Festivals - Can we get an event where we can earn crowns in game?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
It's always the same thing year after year. Has Zos ever had a crown event where players could earn CASH SHOP MONEY in game?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Not gona happen
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    It's always the same thing year after year. Has Zos ever had a crown event where players could earn CASH SHOP MONEY in game?

They've had multiple events where you can receive things only availible with crowns during these festivals. Examples are costumes like dark shaman or treasure hunter and consumables like xp scrolls and mount training.

No they've never given out "free crowns", and I don't kow why they would. Not ruling it out of course, just curious what end that serves?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely to happen at all, and we're not even through the second year of festivals yet. We will likely see additions to each as time goes on to add something new to them, but they wont likely drastically change.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think they’re going to pay you for playing the game.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time I've ever seen them give out free crowns was to players who gave constructive information regarding the CWC loading screen fiasco, in which I was one.

Keep in mind, ZOS doesn't owe us crowns. They give us plenty of free stuff throughout the year now.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great suggestion though! I for one would definitely not mind taking part in an event or contest, even if only for a paltry amount of crowns.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually they gave me free crowns when I joined over a year ago. I do not remember why, tho.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Actually they gave me free crowns when I joined over a year ago. I do not remember why, tho.

After you create an ESO account you're given 500 (I think, been so long) crowns to start.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »

After you create an ESO account you're given 500 (I think, been so long) crowns to start.

You also got 500 from being in the beta
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get at least 3 free crown crates per season, sometimes extras from other things. I think that's the closest we're going to get.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do I want it to happen? Yes
    Should it happen? Maybe
    Will it happen? No
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?