The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to find the right guild?

Twogun40
Twogun40
Soul Shriven
I've got a level 31 character that I've run solo and done ok, but I wouldn't mind running in party for some of the tougher quests and dungeons. I've stepped into a few that I was horribly outmatched as its hard to tell what level you ought to be for quests and dungeons and some dungeons won't let you run them solo. Other than when someone sends out a text message to the zone I see no way to find guilds. I would appear that watching for those occasional recruiting announcements or starting up your own is the only way to get into one. Is that accurate? I don't consider myself a veteran player at this time and am still struggling with the differences between ESO and DDO. Some make sense, others a bit baffling LoL! But I'd like to join a guild that is more interested in everyone participating and having a good time than in a militaristic guild where you get yelled out if you didn't cast your spell in time.....
Thanks for any information.
  • antimawkish
    antimawkish
    ✭✭✭
    Chat a little with folks you meet in dungeons via dungeon finder or in overland parties you find through zone. It's how I've ended up in all of my non-trade guilds and where I've found most of the folks on my friends list. My guildmates bring home randos pretty regularly from dungeons and it's usually based more on personality than skill. It shouldn't hurt to ask if you're reasonable about it (e.g., "hey, this has been a pleasant dungeon/quest run, is there any chance you have a guild I could join for more?"). Even if they respond like jerks, you can just be glad they self-identified as someone you don't want to run with again.

Another way would be to poke around the guild recruitment forum on these forums or other ESO community sites. Just make sure you include your server and platform info along with what you're looking for (e.g., "NA/PC, looking for newbie-friendly dungeon and questing guild").

Edit: Link to LFG forum: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/LFG
    Edited by antimawkish on February 5, 2018 9:24PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can leave a guild as easily as joining it. There is no "blacklist" so leaving one has not effect on your joining another one.

So, join a few, if you don't like them, leave it. You also have to figure out what you want from a guild, then you have a better chance of joining one you like:

1. Social - They hang out to an extent and do things together, but nothing super formal. May run events, sometimes they have a guild kiosk
    2. Trading Guild - They exist to sell stuff. Most have Kiosks, some have expensive ones and require dues. Some are very social and run events too, some its all about the commerce
    3. PvP Guilds - these tend to be more structured and have scheduled events surrounding various PvP activities. Some are open to new PvP'rs, some are looking for more experienced ones.
    4. Trials or Raid Guilds - some are casual, some are more serious, some take themselves too seriously. Be prepared to prove your worth for gaining entry.
    5. Dungeon Guilds - might be the same as above, but these guilds are all about people running 4 player content, some are casual, some are serious.

Most guilds have a mix of what I have described above. My two big social guilds do everything, and my main trading guild is very social and has frequent events.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Twogun40
    Twogun40
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the replies. I'll slow down a little and socialize more. I've tended to be too intent on leveling and not spent much time chatting with others. I would be nice if the system allowed for guilds to put up a recruitment board where you could get a description of the guild and see the ones that were actively looking for members.

Thanks again.
  • antimawkish
    antimawkish
    ✭✭✭
    There's an entire sub-section of these forums dedicated to guilds posting recruitments. It's divided by server+platform. Look down toward the bottom of the options on https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on NA PC? If so my guild would be happy to have you along.

We do all levels of PvE content aside from veteran trials. Some of us are ready for those but not most. Some of us PvP. We do all crafts so can assist there. Can assist with builds and gear selection. Smallish guild. No drama, no stress environment.

A lot of us work late shifts / university so sometimes there can be a lull with how many are on at a time throughout the week but we have fun. Also we use Discord if you're into that. Let me know!
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    There's also specialty guilds like mine....
    :*
    Homestead Guild & PSN Community Page:
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    THC

Read about us at :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/396796/homestead-guild#latest
    Join the NAPS4 Homestead Guild :
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    THC
    no invite needed to join page and view pics, and you can also request a kind invite to Th© guild here!
  • Twogun40
    Twogun40
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks again for the replies. Yes I'm NA and PC. I joined a large trading guild, but I have yet to figure out where the guild traders are and I think there is a guild hall somewhere. Some folks are great at answering questions but despite their large membership only a small number ever seem to be on the chat. Speaking of chat, do you know if there are any plans to add in game voice chat? I have a Discord server myself but its a tad cumbersome compared to other programs I've used. And in large guilds paring it down to a group would be far simpler with an in game voice chat like DDO has.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twogun40 wrote: »
    Thanks again for the replies. Yes I'm NA and PC. I joined a large trading guild, but I have yet to figure out where the guild traders are and I think there is a guild hall somewhere. Some folks are great at answering questions but despite their large membership only a small number ever seem to be on the chat. Speaking of chat, do you know if there are any plans to add in game voice chat? I have a Discord server myself but its a tad cumbersome compared to other programs I've used. And in large guilds paring it down to a group would be far simpler with an in game voice chat like DDO has.

You can check out the guild stores of any guild your in via any regular banker. To check out where the trader is though, press "G" in game and there on the front page should show what trader the guild currently has hired, and if they have claimed any keeps/resources in Cyrodiil. That same screen will have the Message of the Day and "About Us" section. Read those over, the guild you joined may put events, discord server info etc. in there. Most commonly the guild hall is the guildmasters house, so just right click on their name and select "Visit Primary Residence". If this is the first guild you have joined, /g1 to talk in guild chat. (/g2 will be for if you join a second guild)

AFAIK the last we heard is no to PC voice chat because there are so many superior options already existing.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't found a guild, as of yet, which fits my interests.

I'll keep looking though.

The guild finder in-game helps a lot.
    Edited by Sylianwe on January 7, 2021 5:23PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹